The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

5 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

The fanbase is completely torn between logos. There are Johnny Canuck fans, Stick-In-Rink fans, skate fans, Orca fans and even people who want to go back to the Flying V. If the “Large majority” is against Johnny Canuck that’s because when you factor in everybody wants a different logo, the majority will be against any specific one. 

Very true. However, if the Canucks ever went back to the Skate in the current colours which I very highly doubt, there would be no hesitation on my part to pull out my wallet and buy a jersey. Most fans who favour any non-Orca Canucks logo would vote for the Orca as the one they hate the most.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

The Orca is irrelevant to the Canucks' name, heritage and history.

You're right. It has to with 'where' the team plays. You just choose to ignore that relevance. It forms a 'C' for Canucks just as the stick in rink does. One image representing the sport not the name and the other where the team plays not the name. Either both are valid or neither is as neither image actually represents the name, heritage and history you speak of. You can't say one is valid and the other isn't as they're both invalid for the same reason - neither visually represents the actual team name.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Very true. However, if the Canucks ever went back to the Skate in the current colours which I very highly doubt, there would be no hesitation on my part to pull out my wallet and buy a jersey. Most fans who favour any non-Orca Canucks logo would vote for the Orca as the one they hate the most.

Yeah the Orca is awful and I just want it gone, but I don’t trust them not to screw up the colours and striping if they were to change again. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

This Johnny Canuck version is the best I have seen so far. I would be very happy if the Canucks had this on the front their new uniforms.

I totally agree. While roundels are becoming trendy in sports, it works great for the Canucks and especially with Johnny Canuck. As much as I have advocated for JC, the iconic lumberjack looks great in a roundel. Much better than the JC V-head.

• 1 month later...

Based on rumours (https://www.icethetics.co/jerseywatch/)

2019 HOME & ROAD JERSEYS: Expected. After the Blackhawks, the other big surprise from the Adidas catalog was seeing new primary sweaters listed for the Canucks in 2019-20! It’s unclear whether the Canucks are working on sweeping changes or maybe just updating the crest to remove the superfluous “Vancouver” arched across the top. But I also wouldn’t be that shocked to see a new primary logo to coincide with the 50th anniversary.

So it seems that Tuesday's game will be the last with the home jersey that gave us so many memories that will last forever.

I don't know if the change is going to be marginal or not but I think that it's an era that comes to an end.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I just hope we keep the blue and green colors

This. 

Another change of colous would hurt incredibly our brand, so I don't see that happening.

And I also think that the Whale will be back.

Edited by ItalianCanuck1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

I searched but didn't find anything.

I must learn how to use properly the search button.

Sorry.

I just searched myself, I couldn’t find the old thread either. I know that it existed because I commented in the old thread on this very subject. Oh well, never mind. Doesn’t hurt I guess if the other one was deleted.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1