The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks Thursday Feb 7 2019 5:30pm PST

xereau

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Chicago will lose in part because of the Indigenous hauntings cast upon them for the cultural appropriation of their Blackhawk name. They won’t win another game for three years, until they rename themselves the Chicago Butterflies. 

Lol, what? Black Hawk was a Chief in the midwest who fiercely battled the US Army in 1832 in what has become known as the Black Hawk War. Naming the team after him was to honour his veracity as a warrior. 

How about the name Canada? It's a rip-off of an indigenous word meaning village. Is that cultural appropriation too? Maybe it should be renamed Pansyville to better reflect the character of the younger generation?

7 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Lol, what? Black Hawk was a Chief in the midwest who fiercely battled the US Army in 1832 in what has become known as the Black Hawk War. Naming the team after him was to honour his veracity as a warrior. 

How about the name Canada? It's a rip-off of an indigenous word meaning village. Is that cultural appropriation too? Maybe it should be renamed Pansyville to better reflect the character of the younger generation?

I'm thinking that your sarcasm detector is broken.

Considering the blueline has so many RHD all of a sudden, would you not use your weakest RHD on the offside so that the other RHD who are the better players are playing to their strengths?

No offense to Bulldog, but he would be my candidate to play the LHD position.  That way Stech, Tanev, and Gud are playing to their strengths and are better dman.

Hutton-Stecher

Brisebois-Tanev

Biega-Gudbranson.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Granlund-Horvat-Leivo

Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

(Extra: Schaller)

Tanev-Gudbranson

Hutton-Stecher

Pouliot-Biega

(Extra: Brisebois)

I hate to say it but this is a very physically weak line. They’ll likely be pushed around a lot. 

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Granlund-Horvat-Leivo

Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

(Extra: Schaller)

Tanev-Gudbranson

Hutton-Stecher

Pouliot-Biega

(Extra: Brisebois)

I really think Horvat and Boeser should stay together. They obviously have chemistry because they did pretty well as linemates last year before Brock got injured. Plus Bo could use some positive energy right now. At least pick up a few assists if he can't pot one himself. No offense to Granny and Leivo I just don't see them pulling Bo out of his current slump. Maybe switch Boeser and Leivo? 

25 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

I hate to say it but this is a very physically weak line. They’ll likely be pushed around a lot. 

Yeah, I don't like it either because it's three skill guys and no grit. I don't see them winning many puck battles. As I suggested in my last post I think they should swap Boeser and Lievo.

Archived