Birthplace Truro, NS Richmond, BC

LINESMEN

Brian Mach #78 Brad Kovachik #71
  BM78.jpg BK71.jpg
Games 18-19 47 48
Career Games 1261 1494
First NHL Game 10/7/00 10/10/96
Birthplace Little Falls, MN Woodstock, ON

This is ridiculous.  Why in holy hell does the league continue to let this subhuman piece of garbage rig our games against division rivals. The GMs need to push for a veto for known problem officials.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

This is ridiculous.  Why in holy hell does the league continue to let this subhuman piece of garbage rig our games against division rivals. The GMs need to push for a veto for known problem officials.

He's not rigging games. He’s just awful. He sucks in every game I watch him in not just Canuck games. Pump the breaks on the rigged b.s. heffy

1 minute ago, 250Integra said:

Kelly Sutherland is the biggest POS. Will never forget his atrocious "reffing" during the 2011 finals.

He reffed in that final? Wow. 
That's interesting since it says he was born in Richmond, BC.

You would think they would select referees that could not have a hidden bias to their 'home' team.

Unless of course they knew that he already had a bias against his home team. Haha.

12 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

He reffed in that final? Wow. 
That's interesting since it says he was born in Richmond, BC.

You would think they would select referees that could not have a hidden bias to their 'home' team.

Unless of course they knew that he already had a bias against his home team. Haha.

He shouldn't ever ref in the final because he's plain awful. 

5 hours ago, JamesB said:

My two cents:

Agree with 250Integra about the D. Obviously Stecher and Hutton stay together, and I would put Brisebois with Tanev and see how he does. The Pouliot/Guddy pairing has struggled at times but they have also been okay at times. But I guess Green wants to give Tanev/Guddy another shot after their "learning experience" against Washington. They probably will be better second time out.

As for the forwards, missing Baer makes a big difference. The Canucks cannot ice two legitimate top 6 scoring lines at present. I think keeping Goldy, EP, and Boeser together makes sense, but I would put Virtanen with Horvat and move Leivo to the left side. Ganny would then go to the Sutter line. I think that Virtanen, Horvat, and Leivo can play a high energy up-tempo game and generate some chances the old-fashioned way -- good forecheck and driving the net.

At the goalie position, it does make a lot of sense to rest Marky as long as he continues to play well, and it sounds as though Demko is not too far away. I still expect to see DiPietro get a start somewhere along the line.

I agree with 99% of this.  I think OJ getting injured & now Edler really messed up whatever plans they had for the D-men in the 2nd half of the season.  Giving Brisebois a chance would be a start but ideally DP5 is sitting or gone.   AB55 is all heart but he's not really an everyday NHL dman either.   I don't know if Guddy / AB55 is better than DP5 or not.  Maybe Guddy was a decent dman at one point but now his confidence is gone and/or he panics and/or makes bad reads/play all the time.

I'd put Rooster and/or Jake with Bo.  Granny and/or Leivo can play with Sutter or Beagle. 

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Poor Bo. After all he's done to carry this team on his back, Benning and Green give him Granlund as his top line winger. Hopefully one day soon, Benning will give him linemates he deserves. 

Bo, our 1A or 1B centre, has played mostly with replacement level players or 3rd/4th line players all year (except for short stints with Boeser). No wonder he is getting frustrated. I hope in the off season JB can get at least two real 1st/2nd line wingers for this team. They need it badly imo.

1 hour ago, Mrwipeout said:

Brock a generational talent? Hes got a nose for the net in the most natural of ways. Thats what makes him special and an elite player. Generational? i say it depends on how u evolve during the first 3 years in the NHL. If u get the right flow, work hard and have that little bit of luck and get the right bounces u can get a confidence higher then others. With that and a hard work ethic, he can become one, hes still young and if he stays with petey they will most likely become the best duo since the sedins. The whole team will be able to build on the success of players like Brock, Bo and petey. And everyone has high hopes for hughes also. These guys are starting something and id say its something quite out of the ordinary. 

He has generational flow.

Archived