The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks Thursday Feb 7 2019 5:30pm PST

xereau

6 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with playing DiPietro a game or two, give the kid a feeling for what it's like to play in the NHL. 

It always throws the Canucks for a loop when other teams throw in an unknown goalie,  with no extensive video footage scouting. Might steal one with DiPietro

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

I know Chicago is below us in the standings but they’re playing some great hockey right now. Gonna be a tough one tonight!

They win tonight and they are 1 point out of a Play off spot ... pretty amazing since the were playing like crap not that long ago ;) 

1 hour ago, philtbc829 said:

Just like the Philly game, a resurgent Hawks team and a Nucks team that is totally snake bitten, am hoping the Boys put in another strong effort and perhaps...JUST perhaps a bounce will go their way tonight. 

A bounce , and some good reffing ;) 

39 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I’m a Benning fan. I like what he is doing. 

BUT. 

He should be damn embarrassed with the wingers he is giving Horvat and Pettersson.  

Roussel, while great, is not a top 6 forward.  

Neither is Leivo.  

It it wouldn’t be as big an issue if we had someone building up to be that guy, but we don’t.  

We need 2 top 6 wingers, maybe 3 if Goldy can’t figure it out, and 2 top 4 dmen.  

If we want this rebuild to be successful, and be done before Bo is 40, JB needs to start picking up a couple more 1st round picks. 

We are going to be one of those teams that max out at being a fringe playoff team every year.  

Yeah, we have 3 legitimate top 6 players. Now, I do believe that one of those slots can be filled from within with what we have in our organization currently, be it Dahlen, Madden, Lind, Jasek, etc....But that still leaves us lacking 2 legitimate top 6 wingers. It's very possible that we can pluck one from free agency in a similar fashion to how we landed guys like Samuelson/Vrbata/Vanek. That leaves one slot left, and this one should be a young, high end skill player to be acquired via the draft or, barring that, a trade.

Archived