The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks Thursday Feb 7 2019 5:30pm PST

xereau

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Kiss sucks.

amen to that

Nothing but money grabbing posers. Gene pretends to be this wild demon or whatever, yet the guy has never had a drink or drug in real life lol It was his idea to sell a small empty plastic bag and call it "invisible KISS guitar strings", and they sold a lot of those! lol Gene is a greedy businessman, that's all, but he's good at it. Being the demon is fitting, he's going to hell.

Just now, WalkWithElias40 said:

still need a goalie at the deadline, Dipietro should not be called up this early, Cam talbot for Derrick pouliot , EDM gets their franchise defencemen !

That's actually an appealing trade.  Talbot has a lot of talent, but he's playing for the Coil.  Pouliot is ... well he is human!  That's a start!!!  

7 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

9 games in 15 days for Markstrom including a back to back?  Not good for Markstrom, Depietro is going to have to play a game I would think.

Benning is rolling the dice not doing something about that.

Green is taking a big chance here, if he overplays Marky. It's better to give the kid a start or two, he's super feisty.

21 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

9 games in 15 days for Markstrom including a back to back?  Not good for Markstrom, Depietro is going to have to play a game I would think.

Benning is rolling the dice not doing something about that.

Absolutely nothing wrong with playing DiPietro a game or two, give the kid a feeling for what it's like to play in the NHL. 

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Granlund-Horvat-Leivo

Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

(Extra: Schaller)

Tanev-Gudbranson

Hutton-Stecher

Pouliot-Biega

(Extra: Brisebois)

5 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Was hoping to see Brisebois in over Biega so Tanev / Gudbranson can play their natural positions. Guess not.

BIG 2 points tonight. Hopefully we'll come up on top!

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Kiss sucks.

My two cents:

Agree with 250Integra about the D. Obviously Stecher and Hutton stay together, and I would put Brisebois with Tanev and see how he does. The Pouliot/Guddy pairing has struggled at times but they have also been okay at times. But I guess Green wants to give Tanev/Guddy another shot after their "learning experience" against Washington. They probably will be better second time out.

As for the forwards, missing Baer makes a big difference. The Canucks cannot ice two legitimate top 6 scoring lines at present. I think keeping Goldy, EP, and Boeser together makes sense, but I would put Virtanen with Horvat and move Leivo to the left side. Ganny would then go to the Sutter line. I think that Virtanen, Horvat, and Leivo can play a high energy up-tempo game and generate some chances the old-fashioned way -- good forecheck and driving the net.

At the goalie position, it does make a lot of sense to play Marky as long as he continues to play well, and it sounds as though Demko is not too far away. I still expect to see DiPietro get a start somewhere along the line.

Agree about Kiss.

Despite their lowly status (well not that low, close enough where wild spot hopefuls need to watch in the rear view mirror), CHI hasnt played that bad the last ten plus games, and Toews is having one of his best years so far (two five point games helped with that)..

I don’t think this one is going to be all that easy, I hope we blow them out but im predicting a close game, 4-2 with an empty netter (Horvat gets the monkey off his shoulder too)...either that or we destroy them 8-1.  Pettersson with another career defining game, in on every goal and Sittlers buddies call him because it looks like he’s going for his record..falls short but hey, 8 points puts him in some heady company (minus Gagne ha ha ). 

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Considering the blueline has so many RHD all of a sudden, would you not use your weakest RHD on the offside so that the other RHD who are the better players are playing to their strengths?

No offense to Bulldog, but he would be my candidate to play the LHD position.  That way Stech, Tanev, and Gud are playing to their strengths and are better dman.

Hutton-Stecher

Brisebois-Tanev

Biega-Gudbranson.

Exactly, why weaken your top defense guys who play the most minutes? Is there an alterior motive here? ::D

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Granlund-Horvat-Leivo

Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

(Extra: Schaller)

Tanev-Gudbranson

Hutton-Stecher

Pouliot-Biega

(Extra: Brisebois)

Again Bo is getting a guy who just came from the pressbox. What the H&*L!

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

Was hoping to see Brisebois in over Biega so Tanev / Gudbranson can play their natural positions. Guess not.

BIG 2 points tonight. Hopefully we'll come up on top!

Again are we trying to weaken the team on purpose?

5 minutes ago, JamesB said:

My two cents:

Agree with 250Integra about the D. Obviously Stecher and Hutton stay together, and I would put Brisebois with Tanev and see how he does. The Pouliot/Guddy pairing has struggled at times but they have also been okay at times. But I guess Green wants to give Tanev/Guddy another shot after their "learning experience" against Washington. They probably will be better second time out.

As for the forwards, missing Baer makes a big difference. The Canucks cannot ice two legitimate top 6 scoring lines at present. I think keeping Goldy, EP, and Boeser together makes sense, but I would put Virtanen with Horvat and move Leivo to the left side. Ganny would then go to the Sutter line. I think that Virtanen, Horvat, and Leivo can play a high energy up-tempo game and generate some chances the old-fashioned way -- good forecheck and driving the net.

At the goalie position, it does make a lot of sense to rest Marky as long as he continues to play well, and it sounds as though Demko is not too far away. I still expect to see DiPietro get a start somewhere along the line.

Seems like a perfect opportunity to see what the rookie(Brisboise) can do. Pouliot needs some more practice. Virtanen has shown he can play a 200ft game and I am astounded that he is not playing in the top 6 yet.

Archived