The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks Thursday Feb 7 2019 5:30pm PST

xereau

I’m a Benning fan. I like what he is doing. 

BUT. 

He should be damn embarrassed with the wingers he is giving Horvat and Pettersson.  

Roussel, while great, is not a top 6 forward.  

Neither is Leivo.  

It it wouldn’t be as big an issue if we had someone building up to be that guy, but we don’t.  

We need 2 top 6 wingers, maybe 3 if Goldy can’t figure it out, and 2 top 4 dmen.  

If we want this rebuild to be successful, and be done before Bo is 40, JB needs to start picking up a couple more 1st round picks. 

We are going to be one of those teams that max out at being a fringe playoff team every year.  

2 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

BUT. 

He should be damn embarrassed with the wingers he is giving Horvat and Pettersson.  

Neither is Leivo.  

It it wouldn’t be as big an issue if we had someone building up to be that guy, but we don’t.  

We need 2 top 6 wingers, maybe 3 if Goldy can’t figure it out, and 2 top 4 dmen.  

If we want this rebuild to be successful, and be done before Bo is 40, JB needs to start picking up a couple more 1st round picks. 

We are going to be one of those teams that max out at being a fringe playoff team every year.  

Our goalies and D are set.  No worries there.

Pettersson Bo and Hockey Gaud.  Our centres are set.

I see Jake as a top six winger.  I see Madden as one too.  Dahlen is another, so that’s three.

we need one more top six winger.  

8 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

BUT. 

Neither is Leivo.  

I strongly agree we need 2 and maybe 3 more 1st/2nd line wingers. I don't agree that he needs more 1st round picks if he can swing for the fences with Stone and another top 6 winger.

We also need at least 1 and maybe 2 somewhat developed young D.

I know it is easier said than done.

12 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

BUT. 

Neither is Leivo.  

Easier said than done, don't think the Nucks have anything that is worth a first rounder at this point in time

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Considering the blueline has so many RHD all of a sudden, would you not use your weakest RHD on the offside so that the other RHD who are the better players are playing to their strengths?

No offense to Bulldog, but he would be my candidate to play the LHD position.  That way Stech, Tanev, and Gud are playing to their strengths and are better dman.

Hutton-Stecher

Brisebois-Tanev

Biega-Gudbranson.

Wait ..

someone is missing .... 

hmmm, something doesn’t ‘smell’ right ...... :bigblush:

Archived