The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well that changes everything. If Yost said it, it has to be right.....

so true

all these "statistics" guys need to be taken with a grain of salt.  I remember when the Canucks signed MacEwen in junior....the spreadsheet and abacus gurus at Canucks Smarmy were proclaiming it was a waste of a contract...a bad move by management.  Yet here we are today, kid lights it up in the A, and is getting a shot with the big club.

ive hidden the link to the "Canucks Army" article.  sure has not aged well

Spoiler

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/03/04/canucks-throw-away-contract-on-chl-free-agent-zack-macewen/

the best quote is.....

This is the future that I envision for Zack MacEwen. A few weeks of limited minutes and healthy scratches for Utica in 2017-18 before being dispatched to whichever ECHL affiliate is housing their cast offs. That’s fine enough for players on American League contracts, but it’s pretty embarrassing for a team to have that many NHL contracts in the ECHL, not because the talent level on the AHL team is too good, but because they can’t cut it at the next level.

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

so true

all these "statistics" guys need to be taken with a grain of salt.  I remember when the Canucks signed MacEwen in junior....the spreadsheet and abacus gurus at Canucks Smarmy were proclaiming it was a waste of a contract...a bad move by management.  Yet here we are today, kid lights it up in the A, and is getting a shot with the big club.

That website is garbage.

17 minutes ago, Darius said:

so true

Reveal hidden contents

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/03/04/canucks-throw-away-contract-on-chl-free-agent-zack-macewen/

the best quote is.....

This is the future that I envision for Zack MacEwen. A few weeks of limited minutes and healthy scratches for Utica in 2017-18 before being dispatched to whichever ECHL affiliate is housing their cast offs. That’s fine enough for players on American League contracts, but it’s pretty embarrassing for a team to have that many NHL contracts in the ECHL, not because the talent level on the AHL team is too good, but because they can’t cut it at the next level.

Wow good find man.

Virtanen has been given the gift of size and speed. He has the ability to easily turn defenders around and fend them off using his body. The issue is he rarely uses this to his advantage and often takes weak floater shots that don't amount to anything. He has all the tools to be successful but his IQ is severely lacking. I must say he has improved A LOT in the defensive zone and he is looking more and more engaged though. Baby steps I suppose...?

"He's got a strong character, wants to get better. He's put a lot of hard work in and he's improved. That's what has impressed me the most." - Green on MacEwen

"We'll see..." - Green on who comes out of the lineup

"Pouliot has had the odd giveaway that people want to see him taken out of the lineup. It's not like we're sitting here with a plethora of other guys knocking on the door to play. I also don't want to put another young man in the lineup that isn't ready as well." - Green

Too bad I gotta work tonight so I can't watch his debut. I hope Macewan plays on a scoring line and finds chemistry early and often. I've been waiting for his call up for what feels like forever. Hope he energizes the boys. 

Also I hope Marky plays lights out again! 

Do we see DiPietro before he's sent to juniors? 

1 minute ago, Dombrova22 said:

Delusional?? The kids been in the league for 4 years, you'd think by now he'd figure things out.. 

He is figuring things out. like you said, a “kid”..  

Whats with everyone expecting every draft pick to be a McDavid, Mathews, or Peterssen  being blown out of an ass and onto the ice?

Development still happens.

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He's got a strong character, wants to get better. He's put a lot of hard work in and he's improved. That's what has impressed me the most." - Green on MacEwen

"We'll see..." - Green on who comes out of the lineup

"Pouliot has had the odd giveaway that people want to see him taken out of the lineup. It's not like we're sitting here with a plethora of other guys knocking on the door to play. I also don't want to put another young man in the lineup that isn't ready as well." - Green

Interesting comment 'as well' - not a strong endorsement of Poulliot that's for sure!

Archived