[Rumor] Panarin Interested in Vancouver

SuitnTie

8 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Panarin Pettersson Boeser
Miller Horvat Pearson
Leivo Gaudette Virtanen
Motte Beagle Roussel

A man can dream 

God I hope JB goes hard after Panarin. The talk about him going to Florida is so strong it makes me think he will go there.

Our top 6 would be as good as almost anybody if he came here.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

God I hope JB goes hard after Panarin. The talk about him going to Florida is so strong it makes me think he will go there.

Our top 6 would be as good as almost anybody if he came here.

Not only does that have top end skill but there is some serious grit on lines 2-4.  Podkolzin can come in and take Pearson’s spot in a couple years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Not only does that have top end skill but there is some serious grit on lines 2-4.  Podkolzin can come in and take Pearson’s spot in a couple years.

That would be the first real top 6 we've had since 2010-2011. It's painful to think that we've really only had 3-4 top 6 players in the last 7-8 years.

• Cheers 1

Don't want him personally. Way too much $. Think we see something like this instead. 

Miller-Petey-Boes

Baer-Horvat-Pearson

Levio-Gaud-Virt

Rous-Beagle-Motte

Edler-Myers

Hughes-?/Tanev

Hutton-Stech 

Sutter needs to be shown the door via trade. 

Edited by Dombrova22
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Don't want him personally. Way too much $. Think we see something like this instead. 

Miller-Petey-Boes

Baer-Horvat-Miller

Levio-Gaud-Virt

Rous-Beagle-Motte

Edler-Myers

Hughes-?/Tanev

Hutton-Stech 

Sutter needs to be shown the door via trade. 

We got 2 Millers. Maybe that is why JB gave them a first.

Panarin is exactly the kind of player we need. He is an elite top line player.

If he is available even if we have to over pay we should do it.

Edited by babalu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I can’t see how there is room to sign this guy when the priority ought to be Boeser and then a good defenceman. 

You’re looking at around 7M for Boeser and another 6M for a D man. 

There is 17.8M in cap space left. That leaves a balance of about 3M. Panarin is not signing for 3M, lol!

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I can’t see how there is room to sign this guy when the priority ought to be Boeser and then a good defenceman. 

There is 17.8M in cap space left. That leaves a balance of about 3M. Panarin is not signing for 3M, lol!

Benning would have to move Sutter and Eriksson without retaining much or taking back a bad contract. Certainly not likely but not impossible. 

22 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

We could have the space if we can offload some salary ie. Sutter, Baertschi, Spooner, and dare to dream Eriksson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, babalu said:

We could have the space if we can offload some salary ie. Sutter, Baertschi, Spooner, and dare to dream Eriksson.

I would of rathered trade that 2020 1st to offload Eriksson than trade it to get Miller from a cap crunched Lightning team. I never seen Miller play much but he doesn't strike me as the player to make that kind of offer for

3 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I would of rathered trade that 2020 1st to offload Eriksson than trade it to get Miller from a cap crunched Lightning team. I never seen Miller play much but he doesn't strike me as the player to make that kind of offer for

Look at his stats. Miller is an excellent producer and only 26years old with an excellent cap hit. That is a hot commodity and every team is looking for that. Trying to take advantage of a “cap crunched” team is near impossible when 30 other teams would love having a guy like that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

I assume Eriksson and Sutter would be traded to clear space if we are to go after Panarin + top 4D.

We probably won't get Panarin anyways though.

48 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Why? So that we have extra 6 mil in cap space? For what?

JB is losing his job if he doesn't make the playoffs or at the very least, get very close to it. He ain't going to get rid of one of very few assets he has in 2020 1st rounder just to free up a 6 mil cap. 

Unless he plans to use that cap space to go after Panarin, but even so, it would be better to use that 1st to get a high quality roster player back and clear up cap by some other means to sign Panarin.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

If we sign Panarin for $10M per I just don't understand how we sign Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, etc

We have enough space to sign Boeser right now. It's the matter of term but he should sign for something between 7-8 mil.

Sutter, Pearson, Baer, Spooner, Schaller, Tanev, and Edler will be off the book by the time Hughes and EP needs a new contract. They eat up 27 mil.

Supposing that 10M is used on Panarin, that still leaves 17 mil. Cap might have gone up by then, giving us more space.

I think Toronto has set a bad precedent but I don't know if Hughes and EP will commend 11 million dollars a piece as some people seem to think.

• Upvote 2