The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Knights, Saturday, March 9th, 2019 at 7 PM PST

Qwags

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

But it's not your money. And the analogy doesn't even make sense really. He's still a hockey player and still provides hockey services. His scoring is lacking, but he does provide defensive stability. So he has some value to the team. The only person with any sort of actual money in Eriksson is Aquaman, so why are you so upset? Is it a waste of money, yes. Not my money and it won't be a waste when the team actually needs the money cause his contract expires then.

Lol, that's a really weak argument. The money (and cap space) could have been used elsewhere to bring in someone who actually helps the team win instead of being wasted on someone playing a role that an AHL'er could play. That's my general point regarding the amount they're paying him. JB may have made decisions based on how much money the team had tied up in him and may have passed up on some players who could have really helped the team due to LE's contract. I know it's too late, and a moot point now, because we are stuck with him, but it just gripes me when people try and justify his value by touting his capability in a shutdown role.

Just chalk it up as a bad decision made by management and one they hopefully learned from and will never repeat.

1 minute ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Lol, that's a really weak argument. The money (and cap space) could have been used elsewhere to bring in someone who actually helps the team win instead of being wasted on someone playing a role that an AHL'er could play. That's my general point regarding the amount they're paying him. JB may have made decisions based on how much money the team had tied up in him and may have passed up on some players who could have really helped the team due to LE's contract. I know it's too late, and a moot point now, because we are stuck with him, but it just gripes me when people try and justify his value by touting his capability in a shutdown role.

Just chalk it up as a bad decision made by management and one they hopefully learned from and will never repeat.

Exactly, but this GM has made more bad decisions since so it will continue as long as he is in charge. The LE is just by far the worst, cap hit wise and how the damn deal was structured it is buyout proof, maybe you get lucky and can trade him but I dont know if JB can pull off such a feat...

28 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Okay yeah, he's good in a shut down role but that wasn't what he was brought here for or what he's getting paid to do. How many other shutdown 4th liners in the league make $6m?

It's the equivalent of you or I hiring somebody who says they work for HR Block to do our taxes. We sign a contract with them at an accountants rate but when they show up it's discovered  they're not an accountant at all but merely the janitor for HR Block. Would you say, "oh well my taxes weren't done correctly but I've got the shiniest toilet bowl on the block and it only cost me $80 an hour", yeah probably not.

Again this is nothing about what I replied to. I've acknowledged that he wasn't what we brought him here for and his contract is not worth what he provides. I replied to a poster criticizing his compete level and effort and he's redefined his game to give it his all in another aspect for the team. He has been effective in his new role regardless of value, so there's no need to trash him further.

REFEREES

Dan O’Halloran #13 Kyle Rehman #10
  DO13.jpg KR10.jpg
Games 18-19 61 62
Career Games 1437 666
First NHL Game 10/1/95 1/22/08
Birthplace Essex, ON Red Deer, AB

LINESMEN

Trent Knorr #63 Matt MacPherson #83
  TK63.jpg MM83.jpg
Games 18-19 62 60
Career Games 355 534
First NHL Game 11/13/13 10/11/11
Birthplace Powell River, BC Antigonish, NS

...took my 14 year old daughter for her first driving lesson.....never been so scared in my life!

....got home in one piece and alive, in time, to settle in and watch some Canucks...hopefully I don't fall asleep again..

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Dan O’Halloran #13 Kyle Rehman #10
  DO13.jpg KR10.jpg
Games 18-19 61 62
Career Games 1437 666
First NHL Game 10/1/95 1/22/08
Birthplace Essex, ON Red Deer, AB

LINESMEN

Trent Knorr #63 Matt MacPherson #83
  TK63.jpg MM83.jpg
Games 18-19 62 60
Career Games 355 534
First NHL Game 11/13/13 10/11/11
Birthplace Powell River, BC Antigonish, NS

Dan O’Halloran, working his way to 1500 games played, quite the achievement.  One of the few guys left from the old guard, days of Stewart and Fraser.

1 minute ago, NeilColville said:

It’s been managements plan and Hughes plan for a while no. No need to think hard. 

I do...I have spare time Haha.

I'm not sure how much value it adds to play in meaningless games and get smoked and burn a year of an entry level deal.

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

...took my 14 year old daughter for her first driving lesson.....never been so scared in my life!

....got home in one piece and alive, in time, to settle in and watch some Canucks...hopefully I don't fall asleep again..

hard to believe that they haven't raised the driving age in that province yet. No idea how the system works but 14 and learning to drive...that is young! Millenials probly need auto driving cars so they can look at their phones and NOT cause accidents

Archived