The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Knights, Saturday, March 9th, 2019 at 7 PM PST

Qwags

we are definetly looking for retribution oafter their last meeting. It was but a disaster. To put it mildly. The knights wil play the exact same way, with high pressure. Our D has to transit the puck swiftly and the forwards have got to get to surfaces in speed to recieve the puck. I fear the worst, but looking at how far away from playoffs we are it will be all about regaining confidence and to prove that they can compete. To win i dont expect, not after seeing last game, that would shock me very much. 

But then again....u never know maybe the knights will underestimate us. 

invincible.gif

Hope that the leivo petey brock line plays as they did last game and there will be some points for them. Very happy to see virtanen back, he adds another dimension to the Offense. Big questionmark for the D after seeing how they matched up at  warmup. Looks like top to bottom with Edler and Stecher being the top ofc....but then what? hm..we will see....

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Roussel-Horvat-Virtanen

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldobin-Gaudette-Pearson

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

(Schaller, Granlund)

Edler-Stecher

Sautner-Schenn

Pouliot-Biega

Brisebois-Tanev

Great to see Jake back in the lineup!

Also, Rousell is a master at puck recovery after the dump in. He could gel really well on a line with Bo and Virtanen. He set up a couple of Bo's goals earlier in the season when they played on a line together. Of course immediately after showing chemistry and having success TG split them back up as per usual!

2 hours ago, NeilColville said:

I hope Pierre is right. I love Gaudettes play. Hard working and always providing himself and others opportunities to score. He is going to me a major key to our future 

the canucks might just have their engine, and they already had their moral compass and their gamebreaking superstar.

34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Travis Green

travis green does not appear to like jeff paterson too much, does he? holy.

I love the way greener commands whatever room he's in, too. he's such a natural coach, firm but fair, genuine and insightful. he's like pat quinn in that way.

the guy will never be out of work for very long.

9 minutes ago, tas said:

the canucks might just have their engine, and they already had their moral compass and their gamebreaking superstar.

travis green does not appear to like jeff paterson too much, does he? holy.

I love the way greener commands whatever room he's in, too. he's such a natural coach, firm but fair, genuine and insightful. he's like pat quinn in that way.

the guy will never be out of work for very long.

I'm sure that Green doesn't mind Paterson personally, but boy..super annoying.

45 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

yeah I got a question Scott

Isn't it about time you retired?

I'm with you. The best way to describe Scott Oake is just "awkward". His attempts at humor usually fail and he asks bizarre questions at the wrong times. Not a fan. 

58 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Great to see Jake back in the lineup!

Also, Rousell is a master at puck recovery after the dump in. He could gel really well on a line with Bo and Virtanen. He set up a couple of Bo's goals earlier in the season when they played on a line together. Of course immediately after showing chemistry and having success TG split them back up as per usual!

Great line, and one I've wanted to see for a while. Also like seeing Gaud get to play with some more offensive players.  Well constructed lineup tonight IMO.

3 hours ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

I really like those forward lines except Goldy and Pearson should switch wings. Goldy prefers right wing and plays better there. When you have an offensively gifted player like Goldy you play them to their strengths.... He’s one of our best players at getting through the neutral zone, he doesn’t need to play lw just to be on his safe side in his own end.

Also I think missing Virtanen has had a bit of an impact. His speed, puck pursuit and physical play really helps the team.

Like this lineup, starting to finally resemble an NHL team again! Glad to see Jake back! 

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Travis Green

This is evidence that the Canucks have some media people that compared to hockey players should be looking for work in different fields. The media no longer cover sports they try to manage the teams...……………. How many games do you think Demko should play out this year?

Do you think Benning gets a  (1) A grade

(2) B   etc etc...… who cares cover the game not manipulate the game.

Watching the x GM"s after trade deadline run the Oilers down looked to me more like a job interview than actual coverage. I know the NHL mandates media coverage after games and before. But I would love to see certain media blocked from interviews or asking questions.

Not a lot has been made of the media and the 2011 scf and Aaron Romes suspension. But media opinion is trending towards pitting fan bases against each other so the NHL can pull of wwf style refereeing. I am no Edmonton Oilers fan but their last play-off series had the most questionable calls I have ever seen in a series since Dallas Edmonton era. 

14 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Just lose please. No point in winning now. 

No point in wishing to lose. No team wins with a hope to lose culture. Real fans should understand that. Especially in this current draft lottery system .

31 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Just lose please. No point in winning now. 

I won't stop cheering for a win this season. Love seeing the young Canucks get the 2 points.

Also, we do have like 10 home games left? You never know, just keep playing to win. Playoffs obviously a longshot, but that doesn't mean you should stop trying to win.

33 minutes ago, cory40 said:

This is evidence that the Canucks have some media people that compared to hockey players should be looking for work in different fields. The media no longer cover sports they try to manage the teams...……………. How many games do you think Demko should play out this year?

Do you think Benning gets a  (1) A grade

(2) B   etc etc...… who cares cover the game not manipulate the game.

Watching the x GM"s after trade deadline run the Oilers down looked to me more like a job interview than actual coverage. I know the NHL mandates media coverage after games and before. But I would love to see certain media blocked from interviews or asking questions.

Not a lot has been made of the media and the 2011 scf and Aaron Romes suspension. But media opinion is trending towards pitting fan bases against each other so the NHL can pull of wwf style refereeing. I am no Edmonton Oilers fan but their last play-off series had the most questionable calls I have ever seen in a series since Dallas Edmonton era. 

Excellent post..& you must know I've been trumpeting out a similar tune.

The media(& any reasonable observer) KNOW they're 70-80% overstaffed, & virtually redundant. I get better info here(from many astute, attentive posters) than I do from any other form of LamestreamMedia. With instant info like Twitter feeds, these guys are resorting to attempting the inside scoop on hang nails.

I won't even get started on that 2011 conduct..the Hottest fires in Hell for them ****ers. Never forgetting/forgiving them antics!

One of their main MO's now is to pit various Cdn regions against each other. Masses aren't too bright either. I'm afraid the majority still fall for this polarizing shyte, as we near THREE ****ing decades with no Cdn Cup winner, & instant contenders sold to duplicitous, domineering US markets.

The biz side has forever poisoned what WAS a great league. & the media try to paper over this ugly reality.

10 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

There's some "character" for you. Glad your not a player on this team.:lol:

Eriksson's level of compete and effort is pretty pathetic. A so called veteran F who was likely going to be relied on as a leader has been a no show going on 3 years now. I think most people who want us to lose most of the games are just wanting us to finish as low as possible for a higher guaranteed draft pick. we know how the draft lottery luck goes with us so be prepared to drop a couple spots.

Archived