The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 15, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Red Green, is that you,  Travis” funny uncle.

Have anything of value to add beside buzz words and phrases like “outcoached” and “ in over his head”

Again the Oilers have the arguably the best if not second best player in the game right now in McDavid AND a great coach. 1 point ahead of us. 

Coaching is not a problem. We’re rebuilding and YOU can't handle it that's the problem. 

Just now, Comeback_Kings said:

Green has shown he can win games when he's rolling out the team in a certain way.  I think injuries are a legit excuse for coach Green who'd like to roll out the team in a certain way.  Where they are in the standings, where they are with their young guys, where they are with their injuries, in the very least coach Green is somewhat experimental.  He's consistently sending out Goldobin, Virtanen, Gaudette over the boards.  No doubt these players are improving.  

Anyone saying this team isn't improving or coaching is a problem is watching this team with their head up their a** honestly. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Just stop. You look foolish. Literally everyone who simplifies it to “he was outcoached” here has had no clue to what they're talking about. 

I don't think blindly backing Green is justified anymore. Look I  played for years and coached for a decade. I personally have close friends and family who have played in the NHL AHL NCAA USHL  CHL and BCHL. I am a Canucks season ticket holder for years. 

In my opinion coach Green is a nice guy and an ok coach who will be hard pressed to take this team from a developing project to a legit contender. Just my opinion mind you.  

Just now, fanfor42 said:

I don't think blindly backing Green is justified anymore. Look I  played for years and coached for a decade. I personally have close friends and family who have played in the NHL AHL NCAA USHL  CHL and BCHL. I am a Canucks season ticket holder for years. 

In my opinion coach Green is a nice guy and an ok coach who will be hard pressed to take this team from a developing project to a legit contender. Just my opinion mind you.  

That's all being said ignoring the roster. If all you need for a rebuilding team is a great coach why is Edmonton who has a great coach and the best/2nd best player in the game only 1 point ahead of us? 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Have anything of value to add beside buzz words and phrases like “outcoached” and “ in over his head”

Again the Oilers have the arguably the best if not second best player in the game right now in McDavid AND a great coach. 1 point ahead of us. 

Coaching is not a problem. We’re rebuilding and YOU can't handle it that's the problem. 

Oilers have different issues, for a team to win the cup a lot of things have to click, one of which is coaching. Green will never coach a STanley Cup winning team thushe is a part of the problem.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Oilers have different issues, for a team to win the cup a lot of things have to click, one of which is coaching. Green will never coach a STanley Cup winning team thushe is a part of the problem.

That's a straw man at best. And a cop out re: Edmonton. 

Their roster is similar to ours with only one better generational player and a great coach in Hitchcock and only a one point difference. 

Fact you need a Good Coach AND a good team to win in the NHL not one or the other. 

Those of you that “rationalize” Green’s performance based upon our 

roster should ask yourself how Arizona is managing to win

could it actually be coaching ????

Green.... nice guy but not an nhl calibre coach 

get Quenneville in here ASAP JB 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

That's all being said ignoring the roster. If all you need for a rebuilding team is a great coach why is Edmonton who has a great coach and the best/2nd best player in the game only 1 point ahead of us? 

Hey partner I get the fact that our roster isn't finished developing. Just saying a lifetime spent in hockey tells me that when the roster is finally ready...Greens not the guy.  Nice guy but not a shooting star. 

Thanks for your comments. 

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

In terms of buzz words, "200 foot game" and "rebuild" are massive problems. Almost as bad as the ridiculous "should of", which now could classify as buzz wordy just from frequency alone. ;)

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don't disagree with that at all either, just saying if we were to trade him he has more value at the draft than at the deadline when he still had no clear return timeline. 

My preference is to keep him but we need to get some offensive help so we're not stuck defending much which is the true root of the majority of his and our injuries. 

I know.

In a sense I'm agreeing with u and adding  

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

That's a straw man at best. And a cop out re: Edmonton. 

Their roster is similar to ours with only one better generational player and a great coach in Hitchcock and only a one point difference. 

Fact you need a Good Coach AND a good team to win in the NHL not one or the other. 

Not every good coach is the right coach, I’d call Torts a good coach but an utter failure here. Green is an unproven rookie coach that at best is ok but imho quite inadequate.

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Hey partner I get the fact that our roster isn't finished developing. Just saying a lifetime spent in hockey tells me that when the roster is finally ready...Greens not the guy.  Nice guy but not a shooting star. 

Thanks for your comments. 

I respect that. I don't agree it's reasonable to blame the coach on a rebuilding team. Too many players improving under Green to dismiss him as a mediocre coach. 

It's super weird coming here and finding people so mad at Green.  This is a super young club, that has been decimated by injuries all season.  I figured I would come here this evening and have people drooling over the Pettersson shootout magic.  Instead it is very negative.  This is going to be a very good team in a few seasons.  Green is not the issue.  Enjoy the last few games of the season nuckleheads, good times are ahead.

22 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Green has done absolutely nothing to establish himself as even a mediocre coach, nothing but bad decisions and constantly being out coached. He is way over his head and with him we are in for a lot of pain.

I guess your name says it all

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Not every good coach is the right coach, I’d call Torts a good coach but an utter failure here. Green is an unproven rookie coach that at best is ok but imho quite inadequate.

Blaming a coach on a rebuilding team is silly wadr. And too many players are improving under Green to make yet another coaching change at this stage of the rebuild. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Blaming a coach on a rebuilding team is silly wadr. And too many players are improving under Green to make yet another coaching change at this stage of the rebuild. 

Who’s improving, I see players going backwards like Brock.

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Who’s improving, I see players going backwards like Brock.

Coming off a serious injury, putting up 23 goals, and currently on a 5 game point streak.....and you're saying he's going backwards? Man oh man what is wrong with this fan base.

Archived