The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 15, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I now hope green gets replaced with the majority of our D and half our forwards this summer.

I doubt it will happen but green has underwhelmed consistently.

tg.PNG

I like Biega but he blew that 1st goal against big time. And with 3 minutes left in the 3rd he almost gave NJ the winning goal with his give away.

Other than Petey our guys sucked in the shoot out. Why the hell does green let pearson shoot before bo?

canucks.PNG

give green some decent defense and a decent line up, we were expected to be top 3... he's done more better than i thought we would do this season.

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Green you need to be a little harder in the guys and not being so content with losing and blowing leads to bad teams 

You seriously think the fluff he gives the media is what goes on in the room :lol:

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

if we had just average goaltending this year would we be dead last?

Pretty close to dead last. I think Marky is running at around a WAR of 4 or 5, meaning he’s giving us 8-10 points over what we’d have with “replacement level” goaltending. We’re 10 points up on last place in the league.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Not necessarily, he was injured at the deadline with no clear return date, his value will be higher at the draft. 

You're much more optimistic than I am. GM's will use his injury history as leverage to pay less. Where his value is maxed is next year at the deadline, expiring contract and assuming he has stayed relatively healthy, which for him, seems impossible.

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It was said they wouldn't trade Gudbranson and he was traded. So I definitely don't agree. 

Unless your name is Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson Edler or Hughes your job isn't guaranteed here imo. 

His value is probably a 3rd round pick + a meh prospect or a late round pick

the Canucks would rather have tanev for 40 games than that package 

I’d love to be wrong but I just can’t see a team paying more unless they are desperate 

3 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

give green some decent defense and a decent line up, we were expected to be top 3... he's done more better than i thought we would do this season.

Given what Jimbo has been bringing in outside of drafts every summer, Green shouldn't expect much different mix of players than what he has now -- i.e. great talking in the room, totally useless on the ice type of guys.

I've been on board with 90% of Bennings work.

But not trading tanev at last deadline,  and failing to do it again this deadline is a JOKE.  We could have gotten a 1st plus a good prospect in return. 

Instead this glass man sits in the press box 50% of the time.  He doesnt help any part of this team by constantly being unable to play.

Gaudette is going to be a beauty.

Leivo is a keeper.

Goldobin is figuring it out.

Stetcher turing a corner.

Sautner getting some high quality experience.

This team is going to be better next year. All these guys a year older and entering their prime.

We just need a few pieces.

Woo, OJ and Hughes on the way.

i like where we're headed.

35 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I now hope green gets replaced with the majority of our D and half our forwards this summer.

I doubt it will happen but green has underwhelmed consistently.

tg.PNG

I like Biega but he blew that 1st goal against big time. And with 3 minutes left in the 3rd he almost gave NJ the winning goal with his give away.

Other than Petey our guys sucked in the shoot out. Why the hell does green let pearson shoot before bo?

canucks.PNG

So you point to about half the team being trash, yet you still think Green is also to blame? Maybe wait until he has a halfway decent roster before making these decisions?

Archived