The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 15, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

You're much more optimistic than I am. GM's will use his injury history as leverage to pay less. Where his value is maxed is next year at the deadline, expiring contract and assuming he has stayed relatively healthy, which for him, seems impossible.

Teams aren't stupid most of his injuries are shot blocks because he's been on a team that plays 60-70% of games in their own end. Put him on a top 5- top 10 team guarantee you he plays 60-70 games or more. 

His injuries are situational if they were piling up due to hits pver and over you'd have a legit case but it's just chance when you have a guy having to try to block multiple shots game in game out he's going to get tagged occasionally. 

5 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I've been on board with 90% of Bennings work.

But not trading tanev at last deadline,  and failing to do it again this deadline is a JOKE.  We could have gotten a 1st plus a good prospect in return. 

Instead this glass man sits in the press box 50% of the time.  He doesnt help any part of this team by constantly being unable to play.

Again being injured with no timeline killed his value at the deadline he will have more value at the draft if the plan is to trade him. 

17 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Green you need to be a little harder on the guys and not being so content with losing and blowing multi goal leads to bad teams at home, how many times has he said oh I loved the effort 

Because what coaches say to the media and what they say in the room are two different things. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Teams aren't stupid most of his injuries are shot blocks because he's been on a team that plays 60-70% of games in their own end. Put him on a top 5- top 10 team guarantee you he plays 60-70 games or more. 

His injuries are situational if they were piling up due to hits pver and over you'd have a legit case but it's just chance when you have a guy having to try to block multiple shots game in game out he's going to get tagged occasionally. 

I agree but shot blocking is a big part of his value, so one can assume, given its a recurring issue, he's brittle....that's just reality

5 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Only 11 games left !

all these Injuries to our vets are a great opportunity for others to show case themselves for next year. 

The opportunities are certainly there, but nobody seems to want to take advantage so far.

Or we just don't have much talent to showcase to begin with.

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again being injured with no timeline killed his value at the deadline he will have more value at the draft if the plan is to trade him. 

Yeah that's fine and dandy but last deadline was when we should have moved him.  Could have gotten a kings ransom for him. With 2 years remaining on his contract at 4.45m

Instead we held onto him so he can spend all his time helping the team from the pressbox.

1 minute ago, 40Dangles said:

I agree but shot blocking is a big part of his value, so one can assume, given its a recurring issue, he's brittle....that's just reality

Not necessarily though, shot suppression is more his specialty he just has to end up doing too much on a poor team. 

Put him in Tampa/Washington/Vegas/San Jose and I'm positive he stays much healthier as he isn't hemmed in his end half the game getting pelted.

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Yeah that's fine and dandy but last deadline was when we should have moved him.  Could have gotten a kings ransom for him. With 1 year remaining on his contract at 4.45m

Instead we held onto him so he can spend all his time helping the team from the pressbox.

Hindsight... also we had nothing in the pipeline quite ready and no need to spend on a FA in the offseason. Keeping Tanev made more sense then. 

Archived