The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Adam Gaudette and/or Tyler Madden for a young RHD

[proposal] Adam Gaudette and/or Tyler Madden for a young RHD

Pretty self explanatory:

1) Would you do it?

2) What kind of player/prospect would Adam Gaudette fetch us?

3). What kind of player/prospect would Tyler Madden fetch us?

Originally, I would have been interested in trading Gaudette for Fabbro (Dante Fabbro) but Nashville is pretty set down the middle, and I think they want to give Fabbro a legit shot.

A young RHD would be nice however, and Gaudette/Madden are pretty decent bargaining chips are they not?

8 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

[proposal] Adam Gaudette and/or Tyler Madden for a young RHD

Pretty self explanatory:

1) Would you do it?

2) What kind of player/prospect would Adam Gaudette fetch us?

3). What kind of player/prospect would Tyler Madden fetch us?

Originally, I would have been interested in trading Gaudette for Fabbro (Dante Fabbro) but Nashville is pretty set down the middle, and I think they want to give Fabbro a legit shot.

A young RHD would be nice however, and Gaudette/Madden are pretty decent bargaining chips are they not?

Outside of Fabbro, who would you go for?

Personally, I'd like to see Benning try to pry Parayko from St. Louis.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Keep our own assets, just draft Soderstrom.  He's predicated to go right around where we are so it isn't a stretch whatsoever for bpa people and he's right shot high iq mobile puck mover for position people. 

I like Soderstrom too.  However, we need more elite players to win a Cup.  We have Hughes on D, who is clearly a difference maker.  If moving Gaudette + our 10th OA gets us Byram (highly doubtful) then we have to make that move.  Byram is a difference maker, who I think should go second (as the next best difference maker) to Jack Hughes.  He might fall to 5 or 6 though, and if that happens, then JB should move to get him. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

42 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think Parayko would cost us too many assets unfortunately.   Guys like Dobson, Bouchard, and Boquist would be nice, but I think those teams’ asking price would be too high (and rightfully so given their respective ages and ceilings).  

I wonder if it would be worth it on our end to inquire about Timothy Liljegren from Toronto? Benning and Dubas have an excellent relationship, and I don’t think it would cost us an arm and a leg to get Liljegren (although in Toronto’s case, I think they need a young RHD to emerge almost as badly as we do).

If we get Bode Wilde out of Long Island, we’d have two of the coolest names in the NHL.  :p (Bode Wilde + Jet Woo). 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Keep our own assets, just draft Soderstrom.  He's predicated to go right around where we are so it isn't a stretch whatsoever for bpa people and he's right shot high iq mobile puck mover for position people. 

I do agree with this line of thought (Soderstrom is also the guy that I’m creaming my pants over), but I’m also of the belief that it doesn’t hurt to have more in the pipeline.....especially when you consider the fact that we’re anemic on that right side while being relatively deep down the middle.

5 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I think Parayko would cost us too many assets unfortunately.   Guys like Dobson, Bouchard, and Boquist would be nice, but I think those teams’ asking price would be too high (and rightfully so given their respective ages and ceilings).  

I wonder if it would be worth it on our end to inquire about Timothy Liljegren from Toronto? Benning and Dubas have an excellent relationship, and I don’t think it would cost us an arm and a leg to get Liljegren (although in Toronto’s case, I think they need a young RHD to emerge almost as badly as we do).

If we get Bode Wilde out of Long Island, we’d have two of the coolest names in the NHL.  :p (Bode Wilde + Jet Woo). 

Definitely would like to see Wilde. Wilde to Woo! Wilde!

• Upvote 1

Can't really see Nashville moving Fabbro. They're going to run into cap issues, wouldn't doubt if they were going to move Subban. Fabbro is likely going to fill that spot as a much cheaper option. 

If the Blues were willing to make a trade that revolved around one of them for Parayko then Canucks should consider it. Although the price to acquire Parayko could be expensive.

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

100% agree, Soderstrom looks like he could be exactly what we need.  He is who I want, assuming that Zegras, Turcotte or Podkolzin don't drop.  I'd take Soderstrom over Krebs, Cozens, or Boldy for sure.

As much as we like Madden, most teams have a late round pick that exceeds expectations before the NHL.  He has a long way to go before he is an impact player for us.  No way I trade Gaudette, he has a unique skillset and will drive the opposition nuts.  He is going to be a very annoying guy to play against.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, BCNate said:

100% agree, Soderstrom looks like he could be exactly what we need.  He is who I want, assuming that Zegras, Turcotte or Podkolzin don't drop.  I'd take Soderstrom over Krebs, Cozens, or Boldy for sure.

As much as we like Madden, most teams have a late round pick that exceeds expectations before the NHL.  He has a long way to go before he is an impact player for us.  No way I trade Gaudette, he has a unique skillset and will drive the opposition nuts.  He is going to be a very annoying guy to play against.

Would you do Gaudette for Ristolainen?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would you do Gaudette for Ristolainen?  

That would be a really tough call.  Big young right shot d that just put up 40 points, but was -40.  Straight up I think I'd do it because we need offense from our D more than a 3C.  I don't think the Sabres would do it though.  I wouldn't add more than a late round pick.

32 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Keep in mind that I’m not suggesting we trade our 2019 1st.

Why not draft Soderstrom (or Broberg) *and* trade one of Gaudette or Madden for a young RHD?