The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

3 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

its a thing amongst the fantasy hockey contingent. I have a theory but I'd need mod permission to post it as it would probably get me banned otherwise :lol:

Vaguely spit your theory without getting banned? 

Edited by Zfetch

Biden and his wife reported an adjusted gross income of $985,233 and paid a total of $299,346 in taxes, for an effective tax rate of about 30 percent.

The former vice president's income in 2019, when he spent most of the year as a presidential candidate, was substantially less than it was in 2017 and 2018. He and his wife reported adjusted gross income of more than $11 million for 2017 and nearly $4.6 million for 2018.

The couple reported $14,700 in charitable contributions.

Harris and her husband, lawyer Doug Emhoff, reported an adjusted gross income of $3,095,590 in 2019 and owed taxes of $1,185,628, giving them an effective tax rate of about 38 percent.

Together, Harris and Emhoff reported $35,390 in charitable donations for the year, their tax returns show.

With the latest disclosure on Tuesday, Biden has now released tax returns covering the past 22 years, while Harris has released 16 years of tax returns.

Trump paid $750 and cites the fact that his businesses are losing money and he is in great debt.  So is that someone equipped to run a country then?  If his own ventures are failing should he be trusted to look after everyone's interests?

Can't have his cake and eat it too (although he probably already ate the whole damn cake).  Either he isn't being truthful and will be found out:

Trump is also under audit over a $72.9 million tax refund that could cost him more than $100 million if the IRS rules against him

or he's a terrible decision maker/business man.  Either way, not sure he's the right guy for the job.

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Facts:

Biden, a 77 year old who had "brain surgery" .....to repair aneurysms over 30 years ago!  I know a lot about them...my Mom and Dad had them.  This is a huge reach...to bring them up like they pose a real threat/issue.  People who have undetected aneurysms are at risk...but fixing them means...they're fixed.  And can be monitored and attended to if any changes occur :

https://go.joebiden.com/page/-/CiU2iAa4Ig_ j5EQzueoad.pdf

And Cheesburger Don?  It's obvious to see he's obese and his eating habits, alone, are likely more dangerous than anything Joe's at risk of:

thats a really good point. A medically obese 74 year old on a fast food diet is at much higher risk of major problems than a fit 77 year old. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

thats a really good point. A medically obese 74 year old on a fast food diet is at much higher risk of major problems than a fit 77 year old. 

Where is this “fit” 77 year old? I would argue deteriorating mental health is bigger health risk than perceived obesity?   

9 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Where is this “fit” 77 year old? I would argue deteriorating mental health is bigger health risk than perceived obesity?   

So where is the proof of "deteriorating mental health"?  Or did you make that up?  Because and, again, surgery to repair a brain aneurysm does not leave residue or "deteriorating mental health".  So what are you referencing?

And you're so wrong....obesity poses NUMEROUS health risks.

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So where is the proof of "deteriorating mental health"?  Or did you make that up?  Because and, again, surgery to repair a brain aneurysm does not leave residue or "deteriorating mental health".  So what are you referencing?

seems like he did alright during the obiden-bama administration. :P 

doubt he's still experiencing the effects of aneurysm, but he's definitely sundowning. he's about 50/50 on making a complete sentence right now. if he wins, it'll be solely on the backs of his social media team.

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

35 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

He said fact checking can be biased not facts themselves. You (imo) didn't read his statement properly and instead wrote on a different (assumed) topic.

But I disagree with the premise. How can fact checking be biased? You either find that a statement is factual, or it is bot.

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

There is no hard proof of his deteriorating mental health because it would be incredibly embarrassing for a political party to put up a candidate with hard evidence of deteriorating health. That said, anyone with eyes and doesn't try to shield themselves from the truth can clearly see Biden's weakening cognitive abilities in almost every public appearance he makes. I can quote multiple articles from liberal English professors that question his cognitive ability, but that would be a waste of my time considering it took me 2 minutes to do so when you can do it yourself.

Also, way to cherry pick my words. I never said obesity posed zero health risks. I find it hilarious though that you state the seriousness of obesity in your argument, yet have no problem cracking obesity innuendos at Trump's expense. 

Edited by Blue Jay 22
  • Huggy Bear 2

8 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

seems like he did alright during the obiden-bama administration. :P 

doubt he's still experiencing the effects of aneurysm, but he's definitely sundowning. he's about 50/50 on making a complete sentence right now. if he wins, it'll be solely on the backs of his social media team.

Have you heard Trump?  Seen him?

It's obvious that one's "fitter" than the other.  In every regard.  Trump doesn't make a complete sentence...but usually strings together about 30 in a stream of thought that comes out like it was poured right out of the magic bullet.

Biden's a mere 3 years older than Trump, in much better physical shape (actually works out...doesn't smoke/drink/etc.).  Trump, on the other hand is likely in need of a fitness program to ensure, in his 70's, that his life isn't cut short due to his poor health choices.

image.png

• Haha 2
  • Wat 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, EP40. said:

Agreed. 

User (such as Deb and others) should not do this, it’s 2020 this is not at all acceptable in today’s society. Fat shaming does no good whatsoever...we don’t know what other people are going through!

Excuse me?  When we're talking about someone's fitness level and they're obese, it's perfectly ok to bring that into the discussion in relation to health risks associated with that.  Damn right it's ok.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

There is no hard proof of his deteriorating mental health because it would be incredibly embarrassing for a political party to put up a candidate with hard evidence of deteriorating health. That said, anyone with eyes and doesn't try to seal themselves from the truth can clearly see Biden's weakening cognitive abilities in almost every public appearance he makes. I can quote multiple articles from liberal English professors that question his cognitive ability, but that would be a waste of my time considering it took me 2 minutes to do so when you can do it yourself.

Also, way to cherry pick my words. I never said obesity posed zero health risks. I find it hilarious though that you state the seriousness of obesity in your argument, yet have no problem cracking obesity innuendos at Trump's expense. 

anybody who listens to Trump and the many lies he spews out of his mouth and they make no sense. also his bit about the bleach and other remendies he has put forth makes me think he is the one with all the mental problems!!!

24 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

fellas, gents, lad(ie)s.... let's not weight-shame here. we can discuss trump's badness by itself, his weight shouldn't become an issue in this.

Depends on how it's couched, IMO...."Fat slob", etc., is harsh, but when a certain poster is making the case that Joe Biden is at death's door, the fact that Trump is clinically obese becomes germane to the topic at hand.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Didn't read beyond this.   All that matters...people making stuff up.

Whatever you say :lol:

At the end of the day, your opinion is just an opinion and doesn’t really matter. It’s up to us Americans to vote for who we think will best lead the country. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Have you heard Trump?  Seen him?

It's obvious that one's "fitter" than the other.  In every regard.  Trump doesn't make a complete sentence...but usually strings together about 30 in a stream of thought that comes out like it was poured right out of the magic bullet.

He's a mere 3 years older than Trump, in much better physical shape (actually works out...doesn't smoke/drink/etc.).  Trump, on the other hand....

image.png

trump also doesn't drink or smoke. it's perfectly plausible that neither candidate has appropriate cognitive facilities to be president, but trump is at least understandable at some times. both just look old and tired.

and I'm not excited about either VP candidate either.