The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Just saw a new poll by Monmouth.

Trump leads Biden by 2 points among all men.

Biden leads Trump by 20 points among all women.

To think the Republicans had 4 years and multiple opportunities to turf this clown but chose to stick by him. Had they impeached him and primaried Pence, put in someone sane, and they win the next election running on a strong economy (pre-virus). But alas they did not and now they will lose horribly in the next election. Even if Trump manages to hang on by the skin of his teeth, they are going to get obliterated in the down-ballot. There is no game plan here except to see how much $&!# talking Trump can do to con people into voting for him again. Trump already claims that America is "great", voters were energized by Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan, now he is running on "Keep America Great". There are many Trump voters who never got to experience "great", I don't expect to see close to the same sort of fervor for Trump, that we saw when he had no political record to speak of. 

This post was fun, kind of like doing the reverse-Boudrias. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So was Trump. :lol:

True, but it's kind of hard to change parties after this......

Here he is calling Donald Trump a 'Jagoff' and endorsing Hillary Clinton. :)

Edited by nuckin_futz

Exclusive: Obama says in private call that 'rule of law is at risk' in Michael Flynn case

https://news.yahoo.com/obama-irule-of-law-michael-flynn-case-014121045.html

The Flynn case was invoked by Obama as a principal reason that his former administration officials needed to make sure former Vice President Joe Biden wins the November election against President Trump. “So I am hoping that all of you feel the same sense of urgency that I do,” he said. “Whenever I campaign, I’ve always said, ‘Ah, this is the most important election.’ Especially obviously when I was on the ballot, that always feels like it's the most important election. This one — I’m not on the ballot — but I am pretty darn invested. We got to make this happen.”

“That’s why, I, by the way, am going to be spending as much time as necessary and campaigning as hard as I can for Joe Biden,”

----------------------

Obama will be supporting Joe in a big way. The Flynn situation has got him fired up. 

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Exclusive: Obama says in private call that 'rule of law is at risk' in Michael Flynn case

The Flynn case was invoked by Obama as a principal reason that his former administration officials needed to make sure former Vice President Joe Biden wins the November election against President Trump. “So I am hoping that all of you feel the same sense of urgency that I do,” he said. “Whenever I campaign, I’ve always said, ‘Ah, this is the most important election.’ Especially obviously when I was on the ballot, that always feels like it's the most important election. This one — I’m not on the ballot — but I am pretty darn invested. We got to make this happen.”

“That’s why, I, by the way, am going to be spending as much time as necessary and campaigning as hard as I can for Joe Biden,”

----------------------

Obama will be supporting Joe in a big way. The Flynn situation has got him fired up. 

Maybe he is worried about what other evidence will be released? 

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

----------------------

Get Michelle to run as VP, that will drives cultists insane.

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

----------------------

He supported Clinton in a big way..that didn't turn out so well.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hmm...

There system is garbage just like ours. Smaller provinces/states have little impact in voting. 

That's a new one. The electoral college and first pass the post system helps smaller states/province gain more impact than what their population size dictates.

People that complain about the EC usually complain about smaller states having may more voice than larger states, not the other way around.

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

That's a new one. The electoral college and first pass the post system helps smaller states/province gain more impact than what their population size dictates.

People that complain about the EC usually complain about smaller states having may more voice than larger states, not the other way around.

Lol what? Alberta is unrepresented and Quebec is over represented. 

The systems are garbage. Sweeping two provinces in Canada gives you a majority.  In the US about 6 or 7 states can make you president. 

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol what? Alberta is unrepresented and Quebec is over represented. 

The systems are garbage. Sweeping two provinces in Canada gives you a majority.  In the US about 6 or 7 states can make you president. 

Canada has no electoral college so Ontario and Quebec elect the federal government. Their governments answer to those who elected them and provinces that don't suffer the consequences. The Canadian Senate offers no protection. IMHO that is why AB will leave. The CPC won the popular vote last out but I don't see a groundswell for proportional rep.  

My view of the electoral college is that it does protect smaller states to a limited degree. Ultimately the more populated states have greater wealth and political power in Congress and they use it. I have more faith in the Founding Fathers than I do in today's politicians. Ethics is not high on the job qualification app.   

20 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Canada has no electoral college so Ontario and Quebec elect the federal government. Their governments answer to those who elected them and provinces that don't suffer the consequences. The Canadian Senate offers no protection. IMHO that is why AB will leave. The CPC won the popular vote last out but I don't see a groundswell for proportional rep.  

My view of the electoral college is that it does protect smaller states to a limited degree. Ultimately the more populated states have greater wealth and political power in Congress and they use it. I have more faith in the Founding Fathers than I do in today's politicians. Ethics is not high on the job qualification app.   

Yes, when looking at senators it's equal unlike Canada, also our senators are appointed not elected. 

The issue is our senate has no authority whatsoever and Obama and Trump just do everything through executive order.