The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 12:00 AM

On 5/28/2019 at 11:41 PM, CanadianRugby said:

but

you're the youngest sibling, aren't you.

Either that or your tribal mentality is preventing you from distinguishing individuals with fairly distinct and varying opinions, favorites, etc.

Whatever it is,  you're getting even more cliche.

Edited by oldnews
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rekker said:

He will get a game. Shades of the Rome hit in 2011. If Horton hit Rome it wouldn't of even been a penalty. Just good ole Bruin hockey. 

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Shocker. The league isn't even trying to hide it anymore.

You guys would be crying for a suspension if that hit happened to a Canuck.

It was a reckless hit worthy of a look by the league. Sundqvist intentionally turned and hit him head first into the glass...

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It was a reckless hit worthy of a look by the league. Sundqvist intentionally turned and hit him head first into the glass...

Hahaha. Sure.

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yip. I agree. Just saying that if it was a Bruin laying the hit I'm guessing no hearing.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Shocker. The league isn't even trying to hide it anymore.

Trying to hide what. Sundqvist was gunning for the head the entire time, saw an opening to send a message after the Krug hit. Just because a guy doesnt have suspension history, shouldnt make him exempt from the rules. Gryz got hit in the numbers, was turned away the entire time, and I see everyone saying, he turned at the last minute, turned where XD he was still facing the boards. Sundqvist had time to think about what he was going to do, committed to the hit, and is gonna pay the price. It's a one gamer. 

The end result is bad, could have been a boarding call, at the most but someone was taken out of the game, much to the delight of most of you savages here, but this is what the leagues trying to get rid of, these boarderline boarding plays

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Before you all get cocky, the Bruins didn't play great and had 5 defensemen and still took this thing to overtime

And if you think injuries will play a factor, the Bruins have a lot of depth :3 it's only one game and that doesn't make the series

that one guy blocked 2 slap shots in overtime might be hurt to lol yay i cant stand bruins 

6 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Trying to hide what. Sundqvist was gunning for the head the entire time, saw an opening to send a message after the Krug hit. Just because a guy doesnt have suspension history, shouldnt make him exempt from the rules. Gryz got hit in the numbers, was turned away the entire time, and I see everyone saying, he turned at the last minute, turned where XD he was still facing the boards. Sundqvist had time to think about what he was going to do, committed to the hit, and is gonna pay the price. It's a one gamer. 

The end result is bad, could have been a boarding call, at the most but someone was taken out of the game, much to the delight of most of you savages here, but this is what the leagues trying to get rid of, these boarderline boarding plays

Yes yes I guess it all depends on who you are and what team you cheer for. Lucky for you, this guy has the league in his hand, yes I said hand because his other hand is very busy at the moment.

A bruins fan calling us savages though, that’s a good one bro! If the league was serious about taking these hits out of the game, things like Marchands sucker punch in the back of the head would’ve been addressed, but again it all depends what team you play for at the end of the day.

10B83403-76F6-47A2-93DC-06D2017BE2BD.jpeg

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Your opinion is clearly biased as a Bruins supporter. I do not believe that Sundqvist was targeting the head at all; he just happened to make contact with it.

I am not arguing that this wasn't a hit that didn't need to be made in the way it was made. I am arguing that the Bruins have their own rulebook that the league uses. The bias is evident.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Savages.....you sound upset. I get it, your Bruins are being given a dose of their own medicine and it sucks. Thankfully, their sugar daddy Jacobs has the DoPS and Bettman on speed dial, so that should assuage some of your fears about Boston being manhandled by St. Louis. Don’t worry, Jacobs will make the bad guys go away. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

that one guy blocked 2 slap shots in overtime might be hurt to lol yay i cant stand bruins 

Nordstrom will be fine. The second block woke him xD

4 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Yes yes I guess it all depends on who you are and what team you cheer for. Lucky for you, this guy has the league in his hand, yes I said hand because his other hand is very busy at the moment.

A bruins fan calling us savages though, that’s a good one bro! 

There's ZERO collusion, no bias, nothing that should make you think that the league is helping the bruins whatsoever. The rest of your comment is just TOTALLY nasty and inappropriate! 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Savages.....you sound upset. I get it, your Bruins are being given a dose of their own medicine and it sucks. Thankfully, their sugar daddy Jacobs has the DoPS and Bettman on speed dial, so that should assuage some of your fears about Boston being manhandled by St. Louis. Don’t worry, Jacobs will make the bad guys go away. 

Yes, savages! I saw all of your guys' messages on here about a guy being taken out. Distasteful! But, I'm sure he'll be back and ready to go, and 100% concussion free. Sugar daddy Jacobs will be in the booth and watching his team win games. No collusion! 

3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Yes, savages! I saw all of your guys' messages on here about a guy being taken out. Distasteful! But, I'm sure he'll be back and ready to go, and 100% concussion free. Sugar daddy Jacobs will be in the booth and watching his team win games. No collusion! 

Prove where I stated that Gryz...whatever his name is, being injured in a hockey play was a good thing. Cool generalization though.

A player suffering an injury is never something to celebrate or mock. However, I seem to remember Mason Raymond being openly mocked and laughed at back by hundreds of Bruins fans after Boychuk folded him like a lawnchair.

Boston's fanbase have also been less than kind in their comments regarding players like Joel Ward and PK Subban, and it wasn't about their choice of helmet. That's pretty classless and savage, but hey, it's the Bruins, right?

• Thanks 2