The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 12:00 AM

38 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This Blues team is so admirable. They play hard, they outwork you, and they are resilient. 

I want to see the Canucks play like that 

Canucks aren't being constructed that way. Blues are a big heavy grinding team Canucks soft skilled team. 

Stecher Hughes vs Peterangelo Payayko is all you need to look at to determine Canucks are nothing like the Blues. They're not being built that way.. impossible for Canucks to play the game like Blues play.. 

Bruins would have slapped the Canucks into submission by now..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1

36 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Before you all get cocky, the Bruins didn't play great and had 5 defensemen and still took this thing to overtime

And if you think injuries will play a factor, the Bruins have a lot of depth :3 it's only one game and that doesn't make the series

Lol. You mean Blues didnt dominate them on the road esp in OT?  They stole a game in Boston, something Hawks did too but Nux couldn't in 2011.   They were leading in game 1, and played very poorly otherwise they would be up 2-0 now.  But they can score on the road, unlike Nux in 2011 SCF.   

A series starts once a home team loses.  I wouldn't be surprised if Blues win both gm 3 and 4 at home. 

57 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

This is the first ever win for the Blues in the Stanley Cup Final. They are now 1-13 in the SCF. 

Cant believe they were in cup finals every yr for their first 3 seasons. If not for bad officials, Vegas may have been in the SCF this yr too. 

24 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Cant believe they were in cup finals every yr for their first 3 seasons. If not for bad officials, Vegas may have been in the SCF this yr too. 

It called game management or mismanagement depending on which team your routing for.  

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Canucks aren't being constructed that way. Blues are a big heavy grinding team Canucks soft skilled team. 

Stecher Hughes vs Peterangelo Payayko is all you need to look at to determine Canucks are nothing like the Blues. They're not being built that way.. impossible for Canucks to play the game like Blues play.. 

Bruins would have slapped the Canucks into submission by now..

I don't know. The Bruins aren't really that tough. The Blues are a bigger team. Columbus was a bigger/tougher team. I think the Canucks core could do fine against this B's squad, but against a team like STL I don't see it.

I do agree we aren't being built that way, but there is still opportunity to change things.

13 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't know. The Bruins aren't really that tough. The Blues are a bigger team. Columbus was a bigger/tougher team. I think the Canucks core could do fine against this B's squad, but against a team like STL I don't see it.

I do agree we aren't being built that way, but there is still opportunity to change 

The Canucks should just continue with there roster building and let the zebras do what they do best: mis/manage games... 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I do agree we aren't being built that way, but there is still opportunity to change things.

Considering we beat them 8-5 in Boston this year I agree ;)

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Before you all get cocky, the Bruins didn't play great and had 5 defensemen and still took this thing to overtime

And if you think injuries will play a factor, the Bruins have a lot of depth :3 it's only one game and that doesn't make the series

The Blues will have over 50 hits at home.  

A few more baby cubs will be joining the one at the Boston Chris Tanev medical clinic.  Old man Chara will be the last one standing.

8 hours ago, Jaimito said:

That’s only because when the nhl expanded from 6 to 12 teams they put all the expansion teams in one division. So the Blues were the best team in their conference but didn’t really have a chance against the established, original 6 teams in the SCF those first 3 years.

• Upvote 1