The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

June 10 2019 Benning Media Availability

Rate this topic

JamesB

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Unfit?

So the fact Dahlen bolted from SJ too after finding it too much to put in the effort in North America makes Benning an unfit GM?   Sounds like he is an excellent GM who got something for a player that was never going to "stick" in North America.   Sounds like excellent use of assets to me.   He has a really nice prospect in return for something and now both Ottawa and San Jose, respectively, have zip to show for the experience of making those deals.    Unfit?   I think you need a new dictionary to look up what that word means.

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-i

Why is it so hard to understand that Dahlen isn't the issue. The problem is how the head of Vancouver Canucks handle fairly difficult situations. 

Benning act like a spoiled kid when he talks about "spoiled kids". 

Benning should answer questions in a neutral, diplomatic way. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

How is he whining? He called out a player that has don't **** , the whole time his been in Van. Like I said he stood beside his coach. 

Goodness me... I thought everyone knew these days how a journalist work.

You should get behind your players. 

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Why is it so hard to understand that Dahlen isn't the issue. The problem is how the head of Vancouver Canucks handle fairly difficult situations. 

Wow ha. You must have hated the days when Gms and coaches put players on blast ha. Jim called a spade a spade and he make it clear that if players want to come to Vancouver nothing is given to them and they have to work/earn it. 

Loui and Dahlen are perfect together they both should go back to Sweden together.....Loui thinks he should be playing on the top line cause he scored 40 goals how many seasons ago. 

Dahlen saw his buddy playing in the Nhl and wanted to be just like him and he didn't want to put in the work to get there and figured he could skate on by his talent and the fact he played with petey before.....

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Goodness me... I thought everyone knew these days how a journalist work.

You should get behind your players. 

And your players should stand behind their coach....ha I can see why your username is a Swedish teams name ha geez. 

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Wow ha. You must have hated the days when Gms and coaches put players on blast ha. Jim called a spade a spade and he make it clear that if players want to come to Vancouver nothing is given to them and they have to work/earn it. 

Loui and Dahlen are perfect together they both should go back to Sweden together.....Loui thinks he should be playing on the top line cause he scored 40 goals how many seasons ago. 

Dahlen saw his buddy playing in the Nhl and wanted to be just like him and he didn't want to put in the work to get there and figured he could skate on by his talent and the fact he played with petey before.....

Still nothing to do with them regarding Bennings answers. Sorry, if you think Benning did a great job in those interviews you have a very low standard. 

3 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Hmm, it's almost as if you have a bias of some kind.

I really think that the GM/head of a club should defend the players also and if the don't at least be diplomatic/neutral. Don't expose or put the blame on a single player. Talk about strategies, journalists whatever but keep out from put the blame on players. 

• Wat 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

Still nothing to do with them regarding Bennings answers. Sorry, if you think Benning did a great job in those interviews you have a very low standard. 

And the fact you stand by Loui after doing nothing all season and then calling out the coach is b.s.  Jim picked a side and stood by his Coach....the Dahlen problem was caused by his agent making comments and Jim showed he won't stand for that and what he said has kinda been proven right by Dahlen running back to Sweden....wouldn't you say?

• Cheers 1

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

And the fact you stand by Loui after doing nothing all season and then calling out the coach is b.s.  Jim picked a side and stood by his Coach....the Dahlen problem was caused by his agent making comments and Jim showed he won't stand for that and what he said has kinda been proven right by Dahlen running back to Sweden....wouldn't you say?

How do I stand by Loui? Please explain... 

12 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Wow.   Just wow.   I doubt he has melted any of these players the way he has apparently done to you.    Wow.   

As someone who has played the game through pretty much every level imaginable, I find Benning's candor not only refreshing, it resonates as coming from a GM who has "been there" (e.g. played and been a kid in the game) who knows exactly what is going on in heads, in the room and the games even agents can play.   I see him as a very candid guy who is a breath of fresh air in a day when some melt from having someone raise a voice.    However, just for you as you are clearly harmed by all this:

4fedd83c842871ce37c1189ba51fdc7f.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Still stuck with the swedish thing huh? :lol:

Kinda ha look at it like this Jim had to pick a side and everyone and their dog know Loui has no future on this team and Green does have a future.  Ever think maybe Jim is also a lil ticked off cause Green has stood up for Loui in the pasted and this is the thx he gets 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

How do I stand by Loui? Please explain... 

You been putting all blame on Jim cause Loui opened his mouth and You go on about how Jim should have his players backs....I think that kinda answers your question....or maybe I'm reading to much into your words.....

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

How am I harmed if Benning isn'tt fit to be a GM? 

The club is the victim... 

By projecting some form of fear of critique that players won't care about but apparently you do.   The only "victim" here appears to be you.

Edited by Rob_Zepp

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

agreed.........I love TG, but I don't necessarily disagree with LE on this one.  I don't think Green has given him much of a chance to right his ship and be a contributing member of the team.  He had a great WHC, so he can obviously still play at a decently high level.

Eriksson was given a chance with various players throughout last season to develop some consistency. He had a couple of standout games (multipoint) and then a slew of games where he didn't look engaged at all.

Eriksson, being on of the veteran players on the team, wasn't bringing a consistent level to his game. Players like Beagle and Roussel brought a consistent level of play every shift, same with the likes of Horvat, Petterson, Markstrom, and Edler.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

You been putting all blame on Jim cause Loui opened his mouth and You go on about how Jim should have his players backs....I think that kinda answers your question....or maybe I'm reading to much into your words.....

You have a hard time separating facts from fiction. 

If I talk about how the head of an organisation handles a problem it's not about a swedish player except that I read the article in the right context because I understand both questions and answers. Most people here use google translate and it's not a good idea. If Benning himself used Google transöate he should be fired instantly. 

I don't think Loui had a good WC.