The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks inquired about Sabres defenceman

2 hours ago, FireGillis said:

I'd love risto at the right price cause I like his offense. However, I can't get a read on his defense and if he's truly that horrific or is it the Buffalo factor. 

We need offence so I want to bring him in for that.  I’m sure it’s the system partially and that can be corrected.  Edler could actually be a good mentor for him on the same pairing.

May take a lot to get him but that can be offset with sending Tanev and Sutter out for some assets.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

We need offence so I want to bring him in for that.  I’m sure it’s the system partially and that can be corrected.  Edler could actually be a good mentor for him on the same pairing.

May take a lot to get him but that can be offset with sending Tanev and Sutter out for some assets.

They would want another 2 line top six scorer an a second back probably ?

i would do it but Sutter they won’t lkely want

Just now, bobbyg43 said:

They would want another 2 line top six scorer an a second back probably ?

i would do it but Sutter they won’t lkely want

Baertschi, Tanev and a 2nd?  Is that close enough to Raymond, Ballard and a 2nd? Haha.  As long as it’s not from our core I’m good with any combo including our non TB 1st.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Baertschi, Tanev and a 2nd?  Is that close enough to Raymond, Ballard and a 2nd? Haha.  As long as it’s not from our core I’m good with any combo including our non TB 1st.

With Montour, Miller and Bogosian on the right, they don't really need a right D coming back.

I'm thinking something like Virtanen + Baer might be in the ball park. Would suck to move Jake but you gotta pay to play.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I can't see us having the assets to make this deal now that the draft is sone and one of our 1sts from the next 2 seasons is gone. Something like Stetcher, Juolevi and a 2nd might pique their interest but I don't think I'd be willing to pay that price.

They don't need right D and just traded for a roughly Stecher comparable in Miller.

I wouldn't include OJ personally.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

With Montour, Miller and Bogosian on the right, they don't really need a right D coming back.

I'm thinking something like Virtanen + Baer might be in the ball park. Would suck to move Jake but you gotta pay to play.

Bogosian just had hip surgery so they're going to need someone to fill in for them.

Buffalo could also flip Tanev at the deadline for a pick/prospect.

• Upvote 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Yeah I’m a big Jake fan but I would do that deal.  We have a lot of F depth to compensate plus we can add in FA if needed.  Still holding out hope for my primary target.

Just now, aGENT said:

They don't need right D and just traded for a roughly Stecher comparable in Miller.

I wouldn't include OJ personally.

Ahh, I see.

I think they would specifically target OJ though. They're losing a young D, so I imagine they'd like to replace him. If they want someone to play in their top 6, Baer would probably be the best bet to fill that void.

Regardless, it's going to cost us some pretty significant assets. With the trade we just made, can we justify shipping out a 2nd rd pick?

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Baumer can fix him...

:ph34r:

Haha nothing like a seventh D to get you back on track.  To be honest, when we acquire him (Yeah I’m going bold) I say we just unleash him and pair him with someone defensively responsible.  Our team is being built to drive the rush and keep the pressure on. WCE style!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Bogosian just had hip surgery so they're going to need someone to fill in for them.

Buffalo could also flip Tanev at the deadline for a pick/prospect.

Hadn't heard that. Good to know ;)They could also probably trade for Ceci from TOR cheap to fill in too :lol:

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Ahh, I see.

I think they would specifically target OJ though. They're losing a young D, so I imagine they'd like to replace him. If they want someone to play in their top 6, Baer would probably be the best bet to fill that void.

Regardless, it's going to cost us some pretty significant assets. With the trade we just made, can we justify shipping out a 2nd rd pick?

But don’t they know our long term plan is to pair Risto and Joulevi together? :bigblush:

For a young core player with term, picks are no object.  Our top picks are in play to secure players like this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Yeah I’m a big Jake fan but I would do that deal.  We have a lot of F depth to compensate plus we can add in FA if needed.  Still holding out hope for my primary target.

We'd probably need to add a prospect as well. Lockwood, Brisebois etc.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Ahh, I see.

They have pretty decent D depth, they do lack middle 6 F's though, especially ones who can play all three zones. Baer has had concussion issues but he's a legit and responsible 2nd line player when healthy. Virtanen is damn good defensively and could play on their 3rd line to start, with some room for second line upside. Both are on solid contracts as well. Add a decent B prospect and I think it's in the ball park.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

But don’t they know our long term plan is to pair Risto and Joulevi together? :bigblush:

For a young core player with term, picks are no object.  Our top picks are in play to secure players like this.

I suppose picks can always be recouped as well. Tanev should still be worth a 2nd. If Hoglander comes in in a few years, Pearson becomes expendable. Hell, maybe Myers turns into a pick in a few years as long as we don't do something stupid like give him a full NTC for his entire contract.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

They have pretty decent D depth, they do lack middle 6 F's though, especially ones who can play all three zones. Baer has had concussion issues but he's a legit and responsible 2nd line player when healthy. Virtanen is damn good defensively and could play on their 3rd line to start, with some room for second line upside. Both are on solid contracts as well. Add a decent B prospect and I think it's in the ball park.

Madden might be a pretty good fit for them. 

Madden, Virtanen and Baer?

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

9 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Please stop trying to turf Madden, when he's just scratching the surface of what he may become.

He is definitely a great prospect for where we picked him but I’m certain he will be a skilled undersized winger.  If he’s needed for a top 4 PMD with size that is young on a great contract, I’d go for it.

• Upvote 2