The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Peter Chiarelli could join the Canucks

2 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

I never had any issues with Quinn, Burke, Nonis, and the people before them. Not a coincidence Benning is the only GM that I have an issue with so far. I think I’ll be golden once Benning is fired.

You though Nonis was a decent GM....!? Oi...:picard:

• Haha 4

Just now, Tomatoes11 said:

A GM being ahead of the assistant GM and generally mentors and trains them is not an assumption. That’s a fact.

Saying the assistant is the reason the GM looks good because you have Canucks bias is an assumption.

Huge difference.

And yet you make the assumption that Benning is using what he learned in Boston here. You are assuming he's making the move Chiarelli would have made. Yes?

Are you telling me you haven't gone to school only to find you use different practices afterwards? You are literally assuming everything here.

Just now, BlueDragon23 said:

You though Nonis was a decent GM....!? Oi...:picard:

Nonis was fine. Didn’t make any panic moves except that one time jovo, ohlund, And Salo was all injured and we were 2 points into a playoff spot. He tried to banaid it with Carney and weinrich but that was justified even if it failed hard. And he fixed our goalie graveyard with the Luongo trade. 

Much much better than Benning.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Nope. He went all out for the cup and almost got it. Can’t fault him for that. He even won GM of the year before so...

Well we're going to have to disagree there as I'm exact opposite. lol

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

And yet you make the assumption that Benning is using what he learned in Boston here. You are assuming he's making the move Chiarelli would have made. Yes?

Are you telling me you haven't gone to school only to find you use different practices afterwards? You are literally assuming everything here.

No. I am not assuming any of that. All I know is that Chirelli was Bennings mentor and they are both terrible gm’s. Coincidence? Maybe but who knows. I won’t assume. 

No. I am not assuming any of that. All I know is that Chirelli was Bennings mentor and they are both terrible gm’s. Coincidence? Maybe but who knows. I won’t assume. 

Then stop making statements about it involving what Benning's doing now.

I'm sorry man, but I just can't take you seriously if you don't even understand what you are saying and arguing about.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Noseforthenet said:

So...assuming this position is for team President...who would you all rather have...? Chiarelli or Mike Gillis? The man who jumps at making moves vs the man who takes to long to do anything?!

To be honest, I just want a good team and don't care what direction we take to get there. Different GMs have shown different strategies can work.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Then stop making statements about it involving what Benning's doing now.

I'm sorry man, but I just can't take you seriously if you don't even understand what you are saying and arguing about.

I didn’t involve Bennng. Other people said Benning was responsible for Boston’s cup and not Chirelli.

Go read what I said. I just said it’s ridiculous to assume Benning should get all the credit when he is the student on paper and Chirelli was the master on paper.

No inconsistencies on my end here...

10 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Nonis was fine. Didn’t make any panic moves except that one time jovo, ohlund, And Salo was all injured and we were 2 points into a playoff spot. He tried to banaid it with Carney and weinrich but that was justified even if it failed hard. And he fixed our goalie graveyard with the Luongo trade. 

Much much better than Benning.

None of the GM,s you’ve stated before Benning, ever tore this team down to be rebuilt.. none of them actually had concern as to whom they were developing on a farm.

This is , since this Teams inception to the NHL 50 years ago,  the first time it has actually been in a building phase.

I think Benning is formulating a franchise with a solid farm system that may soon have us in Cup runs for a decade or more,. At the same time establishing a Team in a city where players would love to come and play, regardless of the heavy road trips.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

I didn’t involve Bennng. Other people said Benning was responsible for Boston’s cup and not Chirelli.

Go read what I said. I just said it’s ridiculous to assume Benning should get all the credit when he is the student on paper and Chirelli was the master on paper.

No inconsistencies on my end here...

And then you talked about new management along with a bunch of other assumptions. I read everything you said.

Anyway, this could turn into a back and forth like we're in kindergarten if it hasn't already.

45 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Laughing at your own jokes = comedy gold. 

Keep on keepin' on, Amy. Remember, all the haters are just alt-right trolls. 

those that don’t blindly follow and have there own point of view are trolls. 

The goto move for the Benning fans boys. 

The Benning bunch are a sensitive  bunch. 

sensitive sally. 

Guess who has the most franchise worst records on A team that’s been though many hard times I can see why you worship him he’s a real winner. Lol( that’s just for you sensitive sally)