The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Makes it hard to plan your team when you don't know what number you're working with, and this should be one of the biggest trade days of the year.

The NHLPA still needs to sign off.  The league has to wait on their decision on the escalator.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

Lord help us of Byrom falls to the Avs at pick four. With their forwards, Makur on the right, Byrom on the left, Zadarov. Yikes, best team in the west within two years if not sooner. 

They need a 2nd line center badly. They will be going with a C imho 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they pretty much know within a mil or so, that shouldn't stop any major pieces from moving today. Might create some interesting action tomorrow tho. 

To a lot of teams, 1 million is a make or break on keeping or trading someone.

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

Lord help us of Byrom falls to the Avs at pick four. With their forwards, Makur on the right, Byrom on the left, Zadarov. Yikes, best team in the west within two years if not sooner. 

Very good team for sure, but who plays Defense?  Who shuts down the other team's top players, while still contributing offence?  

13 minutes ago, mll said:

The NHLPA still needs to sign off.  The league has to wait on their decision on the escalator.

Yup, I know. Would think that they would be motivated, considering the teams throw buckets of money at them every year.

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

I just can't wait for Gary Bettman to strut that ass on stage to a chorus of boo's and he just sucks it all in like the vampire he is just to troll the fans XD

I was thinking it would be funny if everyone cheered him.  It'd be a huge mind$%^& for Gary.

17 minutes ago, mll said:

I thought the NHLPA already said no to the escalator being more than 2% or something like that, because the players don't like paying 15 to 20 % back in escrow every season? It's the escalator that created this false cap.  

21 minutes ago, rekker said:

For me, they're still a bit light on depth offensively.  Trust me, I'm not disagreeing with you.  However, their offense is centered around one line.  So for me, they're still behind St Louis, Nashville, San Jose for the moment.  They are a top 4 team for sure though in the West entering the 2019-20 season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

They need a 2nd line center badly. They will be going with a C imho 

We'll see. My guess is Byrom, if he's there. Either way I have complete envy for that team of players and upcoming prospects. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Very good team for sure, but who plays Defense?  Who shuts down the other team's top players, while still contributing offence?  

They can acquire that me thinks. Their age of their core, Makur, who ever they get this year. They have two picks on the top 16 on top of that already young exciting lineup. I'm envious. 

• Upvote 1