The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

The biggest concern I have if Podkolzin ends up bouncing around leagues consistently and playing a high number of games is his conditioning. I recall reading somewhere that he said he felt a little fatigued after the WJC last year, and that was without the extra games. 

Well... 82 game seasons arent too far away for him... I agree bouncing around adds alot more to the work load and would be exhausting but I'd rather that than him just getting 1min games all year lol

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Nice!  9 min of ice time is a nice step forward for him. 

After the game the SKA coach Kudashov took opportunity for a joke and said that he was surprised not to get any question from journalists about the Podkolzin's ice time (unlike previous press conferences)...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

After the game the SKA coach Kudashov took opportunity for a joke and said that he was surprised not to get any question from journalists about the Podkolzin's ice time (unlike previous press conferences)...

Sounds like the Russian reporters are the same as ours here; they’re always looking to stir up trouble. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Can't wait to see this guy in a Canuck uniform

Me too.  It’s really something to look forward to.  Podz is going to come into our team just when we need him to replace guys like Baer.  I wonder if we will get him in the spring if 2021?  That would be one hell of a TDL like acquisition, won’t it? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Whorvat said:

Except he's one of the larger players on the ice ...and is always in the mix for puck possession.

Nice try troll.

lol.

I've never seen him play before except for a few hilights. I expected to see a robust looking player but the circle was always on the frailest looking guy out there afaiac.  So you think I'm wrong, that's good news. I hope you're right. Maybe the next set of game film will change my opinion.

I was hoping for a Virtanen with hockey sense but first glance shows me a developing Baer as Alf alluded to.

36 minutes ago, Tollbooth said:

lol.

I've never seen him play before except for a few hilights. I expected to see a robust looking player but the circle was always on the frailest looking guy out there afaiac.  So you think I'm wrong, that's good news. I hope you're right. Maybe the next set of game film will change my opinion.

I was hoping for a Virtanen with hockey sense but first glance shows me a developing Baer as Alf alluded to.

He just turned 18, 6'1", 196lbs playing against fully grown men in a tough league. 2 years from now when his KHL contract is up, he'll probably be 6'3" 210lbs +. Kids got a ton of battle. Can't wait to see him in 'Nucks colours.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Tollbooth said:

lol.

6'1 at 196lbs is mighty big for a guy that just turned 18.  If he were playing in a Jr league, he would look huge, but he is playing on a team with the average of 27yrs.

Except Alf never said that...  "Podz is going to come into our team just when we need him to replace guys like Baer."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Me too.  It’s really something to look forward to.  Podz is going to come into our team just when we need him to replace guys like Baer.  I wonder if we will get him in the spring if 2021?  That would be one hell of a TDL like acquisition, won’t it? 

Sooner the better

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 5:58 PM, Chickenspear said:

KHL

game 1 - 0:41 - 1 shift

game 2 - 10:36 - 13 shifts

game 3 - 0:40 - 1 shift

game 4 - 0:30 - 1 shift

game 5 - 1:08 - 2 shifts

game 6 - 2:45 - 4 shifts

game 7 - 4:00 - 7 shifts

game 8 - 9:10 - 14 shifts

hard to get points when you play less than 4 mins in 6/8 games, still pretty low mins the other 2 games. Kinda hard to develop line chemistry when you don't really play on a line.

Looks like a waste of his time and development. Maybe the Canucks should be speaking out about this. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Looks like a waste of his time and development. Maybe the Canucks should be speaking out about this. 

Seriously? His last 5 games he has played:

as this teenager is being eased into playing at a professional level against men, the way his coach wants him to play. And you really see some problem with that progression?

And if you do, just who exactly should the Canucks be "speaking out" to about this? The team who has him under contract and has the right to utilize and develop him as they choose?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Kid needs to put in time and hard work. He gets to practice with a team full of players who are better then him. 

He will develop and learn. 

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Seriously? His last 5 games he has played:

as this teenager is being eased into playing at a professional level against men, the way his coach wants him to play. And you really see some problem with that progression?

And if you do, just who exactly should the Canucks be "speaking out" to about this? The team who has him under contract and has the right to utilize and develop him as they choose?

Nothing about being eased in by playing less than a period of hockey over 5 games

Kind of like bringing up a prospect from Utica so he can play 30 seconds on the fourth and we wonder why he isn't developing (long term) or done anything after 10 games.