The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 8/5/2019 at 10:49 PM, Stamkos said:

Benning and co. just like to do what other people don’t want him to do - 

Don’t draft the tall, skinny kid so high (Pettersson) 

Don’t draft the small defender (Hughes) 

Don’t draft the oft-injured defender (Woo) 

Don’t draft the Russian at 10 (Podz) 

Don’t draft the shrimp (Hogs) 

Don’t only pick forwards (2019 Draft) 

Don’t trade picks (Miller trade) 

Don’t sign old dudes to long term contracts (Myers, Ferland to an extent) 

And so much more. This guy feeds off the negativity, I swear:lol:

If every instinct on CDC is wrong, then the opposite must be right!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, theo5789 said:

If every instinct on CDC is wrong, then the opposite must be right!

Canucks are losing in the Stanley Cup Finals, I can feel it!:ph34r:

Anyone else watch those Podkolzin highlights?  

He is as hard on the forecheck as Motte, and that's the highest praise that I can give haha 

Motte's tenacity, Bo's skillset.  Can't wait for two years to go by! 

22 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He is as hard on the forecheck as Motte, and that's the highest praise that I can give haha 

He is now 6' 1" and 196 pounds, only 6 weeks since his 18th birthday, and already in his 2nd (3rd?) year playing with men.

He's built like a brick $&!#house and (although I am loathe to mention that a-hole's name) reminds me of Messier.

Captain material, non-stop motor, hits like a truck, highly skilled, anything to win attitude with a bit of a mean streak?  Yes, please!

Oh Baby (as Larshied used to say). 

I can't wait either.  (Hope we can get him out of his 2nd year of his KHL contract.)

Edited by Goal:thecup
Corrected weight to 196 lbs.
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

He is now 6' 1" and 205 pounds, only 6 weeks since his 18th birthday, and already in his 2nd (3rd?) year playing with men.

He's built like a brick $&!#house and (although I am loathe to mention that a-hole's name) reminds me of Messier.

Captain material, non-stop motor, hits like a truck, highly skilled, anything to win attitude with a bit of a mean streak?  Yes, please!

I can't wait either.  (Hope we can get him out of his 2nd year of his KHL contract.)

Source?

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

He is now 6' 1" and 205 pounds, only 6 weeks since his 18th birthday, and already in his 2nd (3rd?) year playing with men.

I don't see a need to get him out of the 2nd year of his contract. We would get 3 ELC years when he joins right when EP and Hughes get their 2nd contracts (and who knows how crazy it'll be). Having a top 6 on an ELC will be a huge bonus. He's developing in a men's league and likely being put in good situations to succeed (as they want him to be an important player for them in the Olympics it seems), so he likely can step in immediately here when he does make the jump. It's kind of like a player coming out of college and is more mature and can step into the league right away.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I don't see a need to get him out of the 2nd year of his contract. We would get 3 ELC years when he joins right when EP and Hughes get their 2nd contracts (and who knows how crazy it'll be). Having a top 6 on an ELC will be a huge bonus. He's developing in a men's league and likely being put in good situations to succeed (as they want him to be an important player for them in the Olympics it seems), so he likely can step in immediately here when he does make the jump. It's kind of like a player coming out of college and is more mature and can step into the league right away.

Yeah, just being greedy and selfish; can't wait patiently I suppose.

It will be fun watching his successes at the KHL and world championships/Olympics.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Not finding source for 205 pounds, sorry.

Lots at 196 lbs.

That's what I meant. He is around 190, not over 200. Never understood the need for height and weight inflation. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

That's what I meant. He is around 190, not over 200. Never understood the need for height and weight inflation. 

Yeah,  not need to though.  Any kid just turned 18yrs, that is 6'1 and 190lbs is gonna be a big bruiser by the time he gets into his 20s. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

There was no intent to inflate.

A lot of the sites listed in a Google search for Podkolzin + 205 lbs list several players and show the "Podkolzin" and the "205 lbs" in bolded type.

So in a broken paragraph/description you can see "Pokolzin", then some broken sentence bits, or other players, and the "205 lbs" actually applies to another player in the list.

I may have picked it up by accident from something like this then posted it without looking it up.

Again, sorry for the inaccurate information but there was no intention to mislead anyone.

Still, all said, 196 is a solid weight for his age and height and he looks very strong on his skates.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Has Jake’s body. Pod has all the tools. Lets hope he puts it all together.