The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do with Eriksson

Rate this topic

koregen

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I'm sorry but Green has better options then loui....rooster and jake come to mind....you could put anyone with Bo and they would get points ha Bo proved that this pasted season....

ha Jim and Green don't listen to fans like me or any fan....if they did Loui would have been gone last season in my books.....

ha his good at D that's all he can do now adays lol  wasn't he brought in to score goals? Ha two head coachs saw what most fans see that he doesn't show up often and doesn't deserve top lines duties.....

funny how you call Green weak and then use him to prop Loui up....better forwards at D ha rooster and granny to name two off the top of my head.....

It's only after the Louis interview some fans is getting very loud. Before it was more of the "isn't worth 6 mill". 3 mill or less were more what fans thought of him.

Benning was weak when he stuttered something about he couldn't get in touch with Loui... Why even bother saying that. Let Benning get more training in answering questions from journalists. 

If you want Loui to score you don't play him defensively. You put him in front of the goal and he produce. 

How many players on the rooster take the fight in front of the goali? Horvat and? 

Edited by Timråfan

5 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Honestly Eriksson has one hell of a mind for hockey if he were to stay I would not mind one bit. Dont understand the anti Sutter talk either, i love the guys compete level every single night. I want to see Lievo and Granlund and the like gone not those big character guys. 

I agree with the mind for hockey bit. :)

How come fans look at Loui in so many different ways. Is it because some fans know hockey more and/or is it the style of hockey Loui represents? 

But, probably it's just testosteron. Testosteron make people loose judgement and get into fight mode. 

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

As a swede he will dig his heels down and do the best he can wherever he plays. As he said in the interview. So he is humble instead of proud. Intelligent, so he knows when Green plays him out of character, not proud. You should try to understand what a coach do. 

Just look at Gudbransen. The way Green played the game Gud was - 27. After 19 games in Pittsburgh he is +7.

If you look at the stats Green used Gud in a very bad way. 

The constant changing of lines Green did isn't good coaching. It often takes some time for players to blend together.

So you believe Loui would report to Utica? 

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you believe Loui would report to Utica? 

He gets paid to play hockey... If Green wants to make a fool out of him and Benning, why should Loui bother? Loui gets his money and Green has to replace him on the rooster. It looks like a lose lose scenario for Green. 

The drama you fans are causing shouldn't be anything Green and Benning to bother about. Hence I call them weak leaders if they do... 

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

He gets paid to play hockey... If Green wants to make a fool out of him and Benning, why should Loui bother? Loui gets his money and Green has to replace him on the rooster. It looks like a lose lose scenario for Green. 

The drama you fans are causing shouldn't be anything Green and Benning to bother about. Hence I call them weak leaders if they do... 

*Roster

8 hours ago, Bo fan said:

I am be way off here but I still think something was lost in the translation  from Swedish to English.  I simply can not see LE making those kinds of statements to the media even if he thought them. It just does not sit right with me.

I agree totally in that the minors is not the place for LE - there has to be a better option.  And  hopefully it is Not a Lucic swap either.  Somewhere I read something about Louie moving his family back to Dallas - maybe something is in the works with the Stars

LE was brought in to play with Hank and Danny - that did not fly long - for whatever reason. He has played a different role on this team and his scoring has slipped - but look at his goals when compared to Sutter - Beagle - Granny - all the others that have been utilized in a defensive role.  Yes the Canucks overpaid  on his contract but if he was being paid 3-4m we wouldn't be so disappointed with his performance

We get to wait and see what happens

Maybe we take back a couple of Dallas bad contracts ( Hanzal and Nichuskin ) and buy them out.

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Wich means that Benning and Green can show some strenght and solve this with Loui still on the rooster. 

Do you think Benning and Green are weak as leaders? 

No I don't think they are weak at all, I think they will put the best team on the ice they think they can, and not care at all about salary. If that means they assess Loui as being a poor team mate now then so be it, from their pov. You can argue about their assessment of Loui's abilities but if they were weak they'd be worried about his salary and play him vs. fielding the best team. Benning clearly doesn't care about what "angry" fans think he does what he wants to. 

Right now I'm just hoping that everyone including Loui gets a good resolution from this, but unfortunately I don't see him having much trade value. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

It's only after the Louis interview some fans is getting very loud. Before it was more of the "isn't worth 6 mill". 3 mill or less were more what fans thought of him.

Benning was weak when he stuttered something about he couldn't get in touch with Loui... Why even bother saying that. Let Benning get more training in answering questions from journalists. 

If you want Loui to score you don't play him defensively. You put him in front of the goal and he produce. 

How many players on the rooster take the fight in front of the goali? Horvat and? 

Yea cause Loui showed his true colors....if he didn't whine n the interview but proved he was a true  pro and actually dug in and WORKED HARD EVERY NIGHT...I would still have respect for him....I've lost all 

so your upset that Jim took a shot at Loui in the press? Hmmmm where have I heard that story ha

Loui brought all this on him self plain and simple....end of story...before Loui's interview most fans just didn't like his cap hit but now his showed his an entitled old pro...same reason gags got moved....

ha play Loui in front of the net?...I lost count this pasted season how many open nets he fanned on ha your right bo and him are really the only met front guys we have or dos until Miller got here and you would think Loui woul a few more garbage goals but he gets out hustled a lot of the times.....

Like I said before I really want to know what you drink during the games cause it must be some stron stuff ha

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

Dallas why would they want him LOL they are a cap team.

Ha that's not my post it was bo fan ha I was being a smart @$$ to his post but I agree Dallas doesn't want him but maybe ownership wants Benn gone so bad ha and no one is lining up to take that contract ha

Edited by RowdyCanuck

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No I don't think they are weak at all, I think they will put the best team on the ice they think they can, and not care at all about salary. If that means they assess Loui as being a poor team mate now then so be it, from their pov. You can argue about their assessment of Loui's abilities but if they were weak they'd be worried about his salary and play him vs. fielding the best team. Benning clearly doesn't care about what "angry" fans think he does what he wants to. 

Right now I'm just hoping that everyone including Loui gets a good resolution from this, but unfortunately I don't see him having much trade value. 

You're an interesting poster...How can Loui be a "poor team mate"? 

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You're an interesting poster...How can Loui be a "poor team mate"? 

If Green thinks of him that way e.g., if Green views Loui in the room now as a problem for team chemistry. 

I don't necessarily agree but we're talking about how a coach perceives a player who complained in public and clearly wants to move away. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If Green thinks of him that way e.g., if Green views Loui in the room now as a problem for team chemistry. 

I don't necessarily agree but we're talking about how a coach perceives a player who complained in public and clearly wants to move away. 

If a team/coach find that intrview as a problem for team chemistry the players of today is far worse than I thought. 

The poor fans is a much bigger problem with all the hate spinning around players, their families, especially their children and friends. Team chemistry... 

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

If a team/coach find that intrview as a problem for team chemistry the players of today is far worse than I thought. 

The poor fans is a much bigger problem with all the hate spinning around players, their families, especially their children and friends. Team chemistry... 

yes there are a lot of 'haters' I don't disagree there, social media is a toilet. 

But look at it this way: Green is trying to build a culture where everyone digs in and does their job. Now you have a 'star' openly complaining about his ice time and how he's used. So if Green allows that, then why not allow everyone else to complain?

I don't disagree with Loui, I do think he's been mis-used somewhat, but I don't agree that he should have complained publicly. He should have simply requested a trade. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yes there are a lot of 'haters' I don't disagree there, social media is a toilet. 

But look at it this way: Green is trying to build a culture where everyone digs in and does their job. Now you have a 'star' openly complaining about his ice time and how he's used. So if Green allows that, then why not allow everyone else to complain?

I don't disagree with Loui, I do think he's been mis-used somewhat, but I don't agree that he should have complained publicly. He should have simply requested a trade. 

Loui had his chances and didn't produce how many does he need. Decline in talent thats what happens to older hockey players

• Upvote 1