The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Colin Miller to Sabres for 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 5th-round pick

6 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Oh wait... now that Buffalo got Miller... does that mean JB can take Ristolainen off their hands now?? Awwwww.... yeahhhhh! 

Let's hope so. Definitely prefer over Myers.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Myers is way better than Miller.  Twice as good actually.  (6.5)

On ice I wouldn’t say twice as good maybe a slight edge, factor in age and contract and I definitely say Colin is better choice also save $$ for another upgrade. 

Just now, brian42 said:

On ice I wouldn’t say twice as good maybe a slight edge, factor in age and contract and I definitely say Colin is better choice also save $$ for another upgrade. 

Myers is a 200 foot player.  Miller isn’t nearly as effective.  Miller is a third pair guy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Your gonna flip? Who cares?

You’re right. Who cares about me. Thanks for that reminder. I’ll try to keep any emotion out of my posts in the future because that would be so unbecoming of a lifelong fan.

• Haha 2

Just now, brian42 said:

Definitely could be true hard to say but you’d think Vegas would make the deal if we slightly out bid Buffalo. 

We don't know that and assuming is wrong, if theres a trade that improves our team and the cost is reasonable I'm sure JB would pull the trigger

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I certainly hope this was a situation of Vegas being reluctant to trade Miller within the division. Otherwise, that's a huge whiff by the Canucks. 

Benning isn't allowed to trade picks.  Draft picks have intrinsically more value than the players you choose with them, just like every lotto ticket is worth way more than the paper it's printed on because, just maybe.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

You're very much in the minority on that opinion but it's a free country 

JT was an over payment considering the following:

1. If Buffalo got Collin Miller for cheap because they were a different conference from Vegas. Then why couldn't Vancouver get JT Miller for a similar price? Vancouver and Tampa are in different conferences. Let's not pretend that if The Habs traded for JT it would cost them another 1st. 

2. Reports from the draft floor indicated not many teams were calling Tampa asking about JT Miller. So it's not like there was a heated bidding war for him.

3. Tampa, like Vegas, are in cap troubles. And, as we've seen in other trades involving Nashville and Toronto, it's the team bailing out these teams having the leverage. 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Benning isn't allowed to trade picks.  Draft picks have intrinsically more value than the players you choose with them, just like every lotto ticket is worth way more than the paper it's printed on because, just maybe.

I don't give a flying &^@# if he trades picks provided the return is on the money. In this case, it would have been. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Myers is a 200 foot player.  Miller isn’t nearly as effective.  Miller is a third pair guy.

I respect your opinion but I’d rather trade 2 second round picks (2020 and 2021) (rather than a 1 & 3) have Colin Miller over Myers, a UFA over JT and then have and additional aprox. 3 million extra to spend.

we would have better picks and we would have more cap space. 

One example would be trade tanev to recoup one of the second round picks then you could sign Myers with Tanev’s salary and the extra $$ you saved.

then the right side is 

Myers

Miller 

Stetcher 

plus then the Canucks would only gave up 1 second round pick and grabbed a UFA forward.

Edited by brian42
  • Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

It's deals like this that reminds me that Benning is so bad with trades.

Vancouver managed to pay more for Gudbranson compared to what Buffalo paid for to get Miller. 

Plus Vancouver could have easily offered the same deal than Buffalo for Miller.

Buffalo didnt get miller? Grammar is important. 

Ffs people. If you want your brain diarrhea to be read and understood, you need to “wipe” after your brain craps. 

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

What if Benning offered the same as Buffalo?  Vegas is better-off shipping him out of the conference, but that then makes Benning incompetent?  He's not required to explain everything about every trade that happens just because you "need to know".

Absolutely. On its own today’s trade is a singular event and does not need to rationalized by management. In context of and in connection to what might happen on Monday, however, I’m frustrated by the apparent opportunities lost.