The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Colin Miller to Sabres for 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 5th-round pick

Just now, brian42 said:

I respect your opinion but I’d rather trade 2 second round picks (2020 and 2021) (rather than a 1 & 3) have Miller over Myers, a UFA over JT and then have and additional aprox. 3 million extra to spend.

we would have better picks and we would have more cap space. 

On example would be trade tanev to recoup recoup one of the second round picks then you could sign Myers with Tanev’s salary and the extra $$ you saved.

then the right side is 

Myers

Miller 

Stetcher 

plus then the Canucks would only gave up 1 second round pick and grabbed a UFA forward.

I’d rather have, but I like yours too. 

Myers Edler

Tanev Hughes

Stecher OJ

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Hmm, so if Dahlin is RHD1 and Miller is RHD2, then Risto is RHD3?  Doesn't sound right, needs to be rectified by liberating him out of there.

That’s because Miller is a third pair D, who can fill the role of a second pair guy for a short period.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’d rather have, but I like yours too. 

Myers Edler

Tanev Hughes

Stecher OJ

That would be nice and I know Hughes can play the right side but I wonder if he can play at his best on the right side, especially while he’s learning the NHL game.  If he can then that works. I also feel OJ will still be good. 

Edited by brian42

3 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Buffalo didnt get miller? Grammar is important. 

Ffs people. If you want your brain diarrhea to be read and understood, you need to “wipe” after your brain craps. 

Um you realize I am replying on my phone and it's past midnight right? Naturally such circumstances would lead to some typos and grammatical errors. 

One thing to consider when you are playing grammar police 

• Upvote 1

Just now, brian42 said:

That would be nice and I know Hughes can play the right side but I wonder if he can play at his best on the right side, especially while he’s learning the NHL game.  If he can then that works.

Hughes is a phenom.  He can certainly play the right side.  However, in a pairing with Tanev I think Hughes plays his natural side and Tanev plays on the right.  

Don’t you think Tanev would be the ideal partner for Hughes, and Hughes for Tanev?  I think Tanev gets injured less if he’s partnered with Hughes, because Hughes drives the play, so Tanev won’t have to defend too much.  

I think we keep Tanev, so don’t need Miller.  

1 minute ago, Dixon Ward said:

Isn't Montour also RHD.  They have Casey Nelson as well on RHD.  That's 5 under contract and 4 who could be top 4 possibly.

I think Risto is on the move.  I hope its here.  He would be better than Meyers and cheaper for the next 3 years.

What to we have to make that deal? What does Buf need? I don't think we can make that move especially if its about pleasing the people on here:sadno:

5 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Lol, Collin Miller traded to Buffalo. Has nothing to do with the Canucks and yet CDC still finds a way to bash Jim.

Vegas likely wouldn’t have traded within their division anyway.

People on here just do not get it

• Cheers 1

Would have liked to get him as I would prefer his salary and term over Tyler Myers.

However, I get the feeling Vegas never considered trading him to us being in the same division.

We are obviously going for the playoffs next year and Vegas isn't helping us do that.

9 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Lol, Collin Miller traded to Buffalo. Has nothing to do with the Canucks and yet CDC still finds a way to bash Jim.

Vegas likely wouldn’t have traded within their division anyway.

True but it does reflect on Vancouver's asset management. In the end it's trades like this that puts things into perspective (for better or worse). 

Plus having a 3.8 million right shot dman that can score 40 points seems to be a more viable than the expected term and salary Vancouver is going to offer Myers.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 2

I don't like that a lot of the options to address our defense along with some RHD options this summer have already evaporated. Braun, Niskanen/Gudas, Miller, De Haan, Subban, Maatta and Trouba have already been moved. That's quite a bit off the trade front and doesn't look good for a GM heading into Free Agency after promising to rebuild the defense, especially after using a premier trade chip on a forward. The stage seems to be set for a desperation/overpayment type move to make some sort of impact and it sounds like it could be the most predictable outcome. 

• Upvote 1