Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

16 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

nYRkjNs.png

small.png  To STL: Kaapo Kahkonen, Brendan Perlini, 2020 BUF 5th

small.png  To BUF: Jonathan Drouin

Wilderness Walk: Wild call up Kaapo Kahkonen - Hockey Wilderness

The Goalie of the Future for The St Louis Blues! Ecstatic to welcome him to the fold!

Kaapo Kahkonen had a 9.13 SV% and a 2.96 GAA in 5 Games with the Wild this past season.

He is 3-1-1 in his 5 NHL games. Kaapo dominated the AHL with a 0.927 SV% in 34 Games for Iowa.

Welcome Kappo! ST Louis welcomes you!

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Habs probably  needs a Starting Goalie for next Season. It depends on the further Path of Alex Georgiev. So Habs wont rush things for now. 

We are heavy loaded on the Defence with Hughes, Petry, Keith , Weegar, Demers , Soucy , Lindgren , Ruhwedel  and 1st Round Pick Söderström.

One of these Guys could be available .....

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Final totals:

East

1.  small.png  217.5      ---      6.  small.png  115

2.  small.png  189.25    ---      5.  small.png  203.75

West

1.  small.png  348.5     ---      6.  small.png  206.25

2.  small.png  294.5     ---      5.  small.png  130

Very close series @Canuck Surfer, you built a very strong team, but unfortunately were riddled with injuries to Bishop, McDonagh, Johnson and Donskoi.

Master Mind, doing a jig. I see u baby?

Shakin thaat ass///

• Cheers 1

:lol:

In all seriousness, thanks for a good series.  

But it is the life of a Fantasy GM. We backed some of the wrong teams. Our depth disappeared fast. And you won fair & square.

We are just learning still.

Needs to be said > thanks for the year!  For having me back. You and all the GM's, execs, thanks!

• Cheers 4

14 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Conference Finals

East

1.  small.png  0      ---     5.  small.png  0

Rosters

Reveal hidden contents

DET: Karlsson, Gurianov

NYR: Johnson, Brassard, Pacioretty, Marchessault, Pelech, Schmidt

West

1.  small.png  0      ---     2.  small.png  0   

Rosters

Reveal hidden contents

VAN: Cousins, Killorn, Klingberg, Theodore

ARZ: Cirelli, Coleman, Lee, Comeau, Pageau, Stone

Best of luck @Salter, perhaps Gurianov can continue his rapid scoring.

I’m regretting trading Pageau and Toews now. Brutal ending of the year upcoming haha

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Salter said:

I’m regretting trading Pageau and Toews now. Brutal ending of the year upcoming haha

You are in the Eastern Final?  And I believe the way play in worked, were Division champ.

With one of the deepest prospect pools by far? Eichel & Hischier as top young players...

Bad Moon on the rising!

If we are collecting GM of the year votes again? I still vote for you.  @Watermelons a close 2knd.

A great year Salter!    

• Like 2

Heritage Jersey | St. Louis Blues

UPDATES TO THE GATEWAY TO THE WEST

Additions:

small.png  To STLVasily Podkolzin (A franchise type player imo. Does everything you can want out of a scoring power forward. A tenacious player who does whatever it takes to win.)

small.png  To STLKaapo Kähkönen (A potential franchise tender with a lot of poise and solid foundation to his game.)

small.png  To STLBrendan Perlini (A young power forward still finding his game. A great project or trade chip for a team looking for some size.)

small.png  To STL: Tony Strecher (A fast, attacking, and agile defenseman who can play a solid bottom 3 role on any teams D core.)

small.png  To STLCale Fleury (A physical imposing defenseman with a solid 2-way game. We imagine he will eat lots of minutes for us in the future.)

small.png  To STL: Ilya Nikolayev (A skilled center with great vision and a strong 2-way game. Linemate of Vasily Podkolzin at the 2019 WJC's.)

small.png  To STLLucas Elvenes (A very promising young forward who has shown great promise in his first season in North America.)

small.png  To STLVeini Vehviläinen (A talented finish tender who is arguably CBJ's best non NHL goalie prospect. First season in NA, looking forward to second.)

Subtractions:

small.png  To NYI: Ryan O'Reilly (Best 2 way center in the game on a great contract. Why wouldn't I want that? :lol: Couldn't help but make the move for younger pieces.)

small.png  To NYI: Ilya Sorokin (Probably one of the risker deals I made. Acquired two young studs in Podkolzin and Kaapo through moving Sorokin tho. I wish him well in NYI.)

small.png  To SJS: Klim Kostin (A talented scoring forward with size on the defending champion Blues. Sad to see him go but we felt the deal made us deeper.)

small.png  To SJS: Yakov Trenin (An underrated forward with immense size & physical ability. Dominated the AHL and did well in NHL. Depth up front opened room to move him for a D)

small.png  To BUF: Jonathan Drouin (We had him, then he was gone. Great player just hitting his prime. We felt moving Jonathan for Kaapo was the right choice for our situation.)

Have 2 more in the hooper. Will have to wait until Round 3... possibly 4.. Will keep you in the loop :D

We feel good about these moves as we have addressed areas of weakness and moved out some quality for some promise. Vasily will be joining Brady as an untouchable in this organization. Kaapo we believe will be our #1 goalie when we are ready to make a push! Willing to listen to offers on Perlini, Nikolayev, and Vehvilvainen.

Previous Trades to Date:

Spoiler

Additions:

small.png  To STL: 2020 5th Overall (This pick will be great for rebuilding our franchise)

small.png  To STL: Brady Tkachuk (We view Brady as a foundational piece)

small.png  To STL: Casey Mittelstadt (Extremely talented young forward who had a rough sophomore season)

small.png  To STL: Erik Brannstrom (Very talented offensive D who we believe may be a foundational piece)

small.png  To STL: Jake Gardiner (Experienced leader who can help transition the puck)

Subtractions:

small.png  To OTT: Steven Stamkos (Stammer's age didn't match our timeline. We wanted to let him compete for a Cup)

small.png  To TBL: Noah Dobson (Talented young kid but our scouts felt strongly about Brannstrom's potential upside)

small.png  To TBL: Artem Anisimov (A grizzled vet who's cap hit unfortunately didn't fit our plans moving forward)

small.png  To BUF: Brayden Point (An extremely talented and high hockey IQ center. A tough piece to move but worth it for Brady)

small.png  To BUF: Elvis Merzlikins (We weren't sold on elvis as a starter and we found a team that believes he can be the real deal)

small.png  To PIT: Nick Merkley (Young kid on the brink of making it in the NHL but quality prime aged D cost quality assets)

small.png  To PIT: Petrus Palmu (Well regarded young prospect who has yet to return to NA. Felt he may come back with a new franchise)

Brady looks good in those threads.

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

GM of the Year

At this time, we ask that everyone submit their vote for GM of the year via PM or discord.

Newer GM's are not required to submit a vote, but may do so if they prefer to.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

GM of the Year

At this time, we ask that everyone submit their vote for GM of the year via PM or discord.

Newer GM's are not required to submit a vote, but may do so if they prefer to.

Spoiler
On 9/7/2020 at 8:17 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

You are in the Eastern Final?  And I believe the way play in worked, were Division champ.

With one of the deepest prospect pools by far? Eichel & Hischier as top young players...

Bad Moon on the rising!

If we are collecting GM of the year votes again? I still vote for you.  @Watermelons a close 2knd.

A great year Salter!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Azzy said:

You seem to have forgotten you already cast your vote CS :ph34r:

Spoiler

I received a 3rd from Puck's new volume deal maker @Rush17 to make his pick.

Rush was quoted as he polished my surf board, deals? @thejazz97, peh! Meh! Heh? He can't make deals like me?  :sick:

(Which of course reminded our team here in Boston, like @Salter, not to lose my way. To go back to my conservative, mr steady GM'smanship... )

Draft steady everyone!

You got had.

And of course, aren't even a Captain anymore.

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Haha 3

A bit early, but figured it's good to get a head start on this now. The full list of current prospects who will re-enter the draft if left unsigned:

small.png Oscar Back, Linus Karlsson, Demetrios Koumontzis, Semyon Kizimov, Sean Durzi

small.png Krystof Hrabik

small.png Jack McBain, Allan McShane, Grigory Denisenko, Blade Jenkins, Calen Addison, Ryan Merkley

small.png Rasmus Kupari, Jett Woo

small.png Nathan DunkleyJonatan Berggren, Kevin Bahl, Filip Larsson

small.png Cameron Hillis, Simon Johansson

small.png Pavel Gogolev, Olof Lindblom, Daniil Tarasov

small.png Riley Damiani, Aarne Talvitie, Drake Rymsha, Alex Steeves, Jan Drozg, Clayton Phillips, Jakob Stenqvist, Samuel Ersson, Kirill Ustimenko

small.png Milos Roman

small.png Jack Drury, Filip Hallander, Alexander Khovanov, Blake McLaughlin, Albin Eriksson, Adam Ginning

small.png Aidan Dudas, Dominik Bokk, Jesse Ylonen

small.png Nils Lundkvist, Jordan Spence

small.png Ruslan Iskhakov, Alexander Alexeyev

small.png Chase Wouters, Egor Sokolov

small.png Ryan Chyzowski

small.png Logan Hutsko

small.png Vitali Kravtsov, Linus Hogberg, Jack Rathbone

small.png Kristian Reichel, Serron Noel, Billy Constantinou, Jesper Sellgren

small.png Jachym Kondelik, Ivan Morozov, Austin Wong, Kirill Marchenko, Lukas Dostal, Jakub Skarek

small.png Curtis Hall, Jay O'Brien, Kody Clark, Karel Plasek

small.png Nando Eggenberger

small.png Ty Dellandrea, Ryan McLeod, Alexander Romanov, Mattias Samuelsson, Matt Villalta

small.png Slava Demin

small.png Semyon Der-Arguchintsev, Gabriel Fortier, Jacob Bernard-Docker

small.png Jared McIsaac

small.png Cole Fonstad, Tyler Madden, Tim Soderlund, Marcus Westfalt, Niklas Nordgren, Maxim Sushko, Oliver Wahlstrom, Cole Hults, Filip Kral, Oskari Laaksonen, K'Andre Miller, Scott Perunovich, Jonathan Tychonick, Jeremy Swayman

small.png Jonathan Gruden, Akil Thomas, Jake Wise, Einar Emanuelsson, Adam Samuelsson

I have to head out right away, so if someone can tag every GM in the league, these MFs need to be signed or they'll be released into the draft

Also if these guys have been signed, please tag me with the link

It’s also come to my attention that some of these may be 2019, so shoot me a message on discord if I’ve got any of these wrong

Edited by thejazz97