The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Newer than the newest) 2019-2020 Time Capsule Prediction Thread

Rate this topic

Canorth

Well, this is scary... My first 

Petey get over 90 points while Boeser follows with 76. Ferland over 60. 

Horvats line benefits from a strong first and third line and all on that line get over 60 points while Horvat do ppg. 

Loui gets reinvented on third line with Gaud himself and get over 40 points while Gaudette get over 50 points. 

Virtanen manage to get over 40 also... 

Edler and Hughes get over 50 points each due to PP. 

Myers struggle a bit defensively but will get over 40 points 

Markström can relax more with a better defenceand is above 92%

Demko follows and is close to 92%.

We reach play off and get to the second round... 

I’ll get one in before the game

- Pettersson scores 94 points (35 goals, 59 assists), finishes top 10 in league scoring

- Boeser scores 35 goals

- Horvat continues to develop as an elite two-way center (scores 65 points, wins greater than 55% of his faceoffs)

- Tanner Pearson and J.T. Miller become the wingers Horvat has been desperate for

- Markstrom wins 32 games and posts a .913 save %
- Canucks finish with 96 points, good for 3rd in the Pacific

- Pettersson drags the Canucks to the Western Conference Final

• Cheers 1

On 9/29/2019 at 2:22 PM, N7Nucks said:

Keep it simple.

Captain Bo Horvat. Demko takes over as starter (more of a hope than a prediction). Hughes finishes rookie season with 35 points. Canucks make the playoffs.

Pettersson - 84 points, Boeser - 36 goals, Bo Horvat - 65 points. 

Horvat over a 82 game season would have had 62 points, with the pace he was at. Bo was Captain but anyone coulda guessed that. Demko took over as starter. Kinda. Lol. Canucks made the playoffs. Decent predictions there.

Boeser didn't come close to 30 goals. Let alone my 36 goal prediction. Petey woulda finished with like 78-80 points with the pace he was at. Close-ish to my 84 point guess. Hughes took a dump on my prediction and decided to be a god. So that was pretty cool. Kinda wish I went with more grandiose predictions now that I look at the predictions I made.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Horvat over a 82 game season would have had 62 points, with the pace he was at. Bo was Captain but anyone coulda guessed that. Demko took over as starter. Kinda. Lol. Canucks made the playoffs. Decent predictions there.

Boeser didn't come close to 30 goals. Let alone my 36 goal prediction. Petey woulda finished with like 78-80 points with the pace he was at. Close-ish to my 84 point guess. Hughes took a dump on my prediction and decided to be a god. So that was pretty cool. Kinda wish I went with more grandiose predictions now that I look at the predictions I made.

Demko absolutely did not take over as starter.  He struggled when Marky was out.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:11 PM, Chickenspear said:

1: Pettersson gets 100+ points, roughly equal goals and assists. Nope

2: Boeser pots 35-40 goals ~75-80 pts  Nope

3: Miller sets a career highs in goals and assists Yep

4: Tryamkin joins the team for the home stretch after KHL season, allows Gaudette to keep #88. Nope

5: Our improved D helps Markstrom to 35 wins, 0.925+ sv%, 5 shutters, 2.15 GAA. Nope, Nope, Nope, and more Nope

6: Hughes gets 50+ points, with a +\- of +20, wins calder Yep, Nope, TBD

7: #Loutica gets moved near the trade deadline. Damn it, Nope

8: Gaudette improves to the point where Sutter becomes expendable. Jury's out

9: Virtanen drives the net more, breaks 20 goals, 20 assists On pace

10: Utica makes the finals of the Calder Cup. Probably :)

11: Bo gets named captain on home opener, puts up 75+ points. Yep, then Nope

12: We end up 2nd in division, take advantage of home ice and rabid fans, make it past the 1st round. Nope, then Hell Yeah!

13: Edmonton sh**s the bed again. lol, Yep!:lol:

On 7/24/2019 at 12:53 AM, joe-max said:

1. Horvat is named captain.

Yes.

2. Juolevi struggles after his surgery and his long time off. Most of CDC give up on him

and are happily surprised when he gets into his groove after Christmas and makes his NHL debut. Now it is only half of CDC that hates on him because he is not flashy. He will be a solid contributor down the stretch.

I'd say, yes.

3. Quinn Hughes has a good rookie season with ups and downs, but falls short of a Calder trophy nomination. Physical and defensive weaknesses and a harmless shot prevent him from reaching elite status just yet. Will happen later.

No. Underestimated the guy.

4. Baertschi and Ferland are positive surprises. Baertschi scores 20 in limited minutes. Fantenberg cracks the lineup and plays 40 games with the big club. Rafferty also gets some games. These two and Juolevi's development make Tanev expendable, who is consequently traded for a 2nd-round pick. People complain about asset management.

Baertschi prediction wrong, Fantenberg correct. Luckily I got the Tanev one wrong as well.

5. Eriksson is not traded and after a serious injury to a winger (Pearson, Miller or Boeser) he gets a spot on the team. He plays well enough to help the team win and scores 15 goals. Still people keep insulting him.

He got a spot, but he is slightly off 15 goals...

6. Myers and Leivo are the new whipping boys. And Edler of course. Myers causes some goals against with bad turnovers and Leivo does not score a lot. TG keeps playing them and they are big factors in the playoffs. Edler receives less PP time and scores few goals while shouldering a high workload as shutdown-D. People call him overpaid and lazy.

Wrong, I'd say the whipping boys were mainly Boeser, Virtanen, maybe Roussel. Despite Hughes's increased role on the PP, Edler still was on a really good pace (5g, 33points in 59 games).

7. Sutter never regains form and is a non-factor.

Got it right for the regular season.

8. Canucks make the playoffs. Some established teams struggle (Sharks, Jets, Vegas). Edmonton is much better and plays some exciting and heated games against the Canucks.

Yes. Yes (Sharks). Not really (Jets). Nope (Vegas). Almost yes. (Oilers).

9. Elias Pettersson: pee wee herman wow GIFkenan thompson wow GIFhugh jackman wow GIFexcited jon stewart GIF

Yesyesyesyesyes. Not as flashy as imagined, but incredibly effective, great all-around game, the sky is the limit.

Not too bad overall. I could have lost a word on the Miller trade and shied away from predicting postseason success. Would certainly have got both wrong...

On 8/29/2019 at 3:13 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Oct 2nd:  Good season incoming. Finish 7th in Conf, facing Flamers in first round.

- Jacob: another great season 2.40 avg, 92.2%; Demko, solid in 25 games, with 4 SO's

- PP ptg is 23% for 8th in league

- Points: Bo 65, Miller 55, Pearson 22 goals, EP 77 pts, BB 58 in 60 gp(mid-season, misses some wks), Hughes 38, Myers & Gaudette 32 pts each, Jake 20 snipes & 38 pts, Edler 30 pts, Stecher 28.

Team finishes with 97 points.

I think a lot of these numbers were fairly close/accurate.

We did have a good PP

Jake, Bo, BB, TP were almost a bullseye

I was optimistic(had thought) on Hughes & Miller. Couldn't forecast they'd be so awesome.