Valtteri Puustinen

Blake Murray

Nikita Alexandrov 

Jake Bean

Urho Vaakainen 

Dylan Coghlan

Artyom Zagidulin 

.............Hurts real good B)

" subsequently the players listed above were systematically traded before their NHL potentials were realized and GM Mike Vanderhoek continues to this day to kick himself in the ass IN, The Twilight Zone! "

:unsure:

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

So I have to ask the question. Was the last GM of the Maple Leafs fired for signing this Quick contract? :picard::lol:

He forgot to sign Chabot, Kylington, and one other defenceman who I can’t remember one year. They went back into the draft and a couple GM’s scooped them up in the first round:lol:

I can’t remember who it was. Anyone remember the details I’m forgetting 

Edited by ActionJax09
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ActionJax09 said:

He forgot to sign Chabot, Kylington, and one other defenceman who I can’t remember one year. They went back into the draft and a couple GM’s scooped them up in the first round:lol:

i had Chabot i traded him for the 3rd pick. Any chance someone feels bad for me and can give me Kylington? :bigblush:

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

So I have to ask the question. Was the last GM of the Maple Leafs fired for signing this Quick contract? :picard::lol:

it's called hindsight, makes people look genius, an $ 8m per for a starter being locked up 8 years ago after already winning a Cup then winning one more. The clause provided security for sure, but at the time one of the top netminders in all of hockey.

Maple Leafs last GM was fired as he went AWOL, a very good GM with a solid pedigree before that happened. Prior the GM resigned his post and before that another resignation.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

it's called hindsight, makes people look genius, an $ 8m per for a starter being locked up 8 years ago after already winning a Cup then winning one more. The clause provided security for sure, but at the time one of the top netminders in all of hockey.

Maple Leafs last GM was fired as he went AWOL, a very good GM with a solid pedigree before that happened. Prior the GM resigned his post and before that another resignation.

yea i figured it was signed a while back. Just thought it was funny because it looks worse than the Eriksson contract now haha. luckily ill be free of his contract when LaFreniere amd Byfield will be getting their "slight" raise from their ELC :lol:

whats the rules on signing ELCs. do i HAVE to sign them this year or can i hold off a year or 2? im assuming the big guys will have to be signed but worth the ask

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ActionJax09 said:

Zboril ;)

31 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

yea i figured it was signed a while back. Just thought it was funny because it looks worse than the Eriksson contract now haha. luckily ill be free of his contract when LaFreniere amd Byfield will be getting their "slight" raise from their ELC :lol:

whats the rules on signing ELCs. do i HAVE to sign them this year or can i hold off a year or 2? im assuming the big guys will have to be signed but worth the ask

Depends on whether you want them to play for you this year. 

Only real rule is you need to sign them before 2 years is up.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

A lot of management change in Toronto. Even in fantasy hockey, it's a nightmare in Toronto eh?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

A lot of management change in Toronto. Even in fantasy hockey, it's a nightmare in Toronto eh?

It's had some good GM's. It looks like it might have another one after adding Crosby, Laf, Byfield, and Zary in a short time span. That is three potential elite pieces maybe ready as early as next year.

Not bad for a rookie gm.

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Depends on whether you want them to play for you this year. 

Only real rule is you need to sign them before 2 years is up.

cool. think im going to hold off atleast this season as i dont see us in contention. will have to see what i can add in FA though and try and fill some holes