The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Minny if Boeser's ask is too much

I don't think we could get Dumba for Boeser straight-up, nevermind including Eriksson on our side plus a good young forward from theirs. 

A young, 50 point, right side D who plays physical and is under a good contract is very hard to acquire. 

We would likely be looking at something along the lines of:

To Minnesota
Boeser
Tanev

To Vancouver
Dumba
Rask

I am not saying I'd make that trade, just pointing out how expensive Dumba would be. 

Now in regards to Eriksson - how about Loui at 500K retained for Victor Rask?

1. Canucks save 1.5 million per year in cap space

2. Minnesota saves 4.5 million in cash

3. Both terrible players get a change of scenery 

1 minute ago, canucklehead44 said:

I don't think we could get Dumba for Boeser straight-up, nevermind including Eriksson on our side plus a good young forward from theirs. 

A young, 50 point, right side D who plays physical and is under a good contract is very hard to acquire. 

To Minnesota
Boeser
Tanev

To Vancouver
Dumba
Rask

I am not saying I'd make that trade, just pointing out how expensive Dumba would be. 

Dumba is probably their most untouchable roster player - he's a 50pts RD with a bomb of a shot that is only getting better.   They don't have a replacement for him as was apparent once he got injured.  Their D pool is weak and Spurgeon is a UFA in one year.  

Tanev is UFA in one year and not the kind of D they need - Minnesota is good at defending.  They were the best team at limiting scoring chances from the inner slot last season.  They had trouble transitioning the puck and making plays in the offensive zone without Dumba.  Tanev doesn't help there.  Leipold talks of how much they missed Dumba and how the good news is that he will back in the lineup next season.

Leipold says they want to spend right at the cap and he'll put in every funds necessary.  Cash is really not an issue in Minnesota so saving money is not going to influence their decision.  Buying out Rask is only a 1.33M cap hit.  

1 hour ago, canucklehead44 said:

To Minnesota
Boeser
Tanev

To Vancouver
Dumba
Rask

So you literally read my post, said it was wrong... and then revised it to... pretty club exactly my post.

I actually said in the post that we could include Tanev and would have to take back money in the form of a player like Rask to make the money work.

so you mention dumba is better than boeser.. and they have to give us a promising young forward on top for a player that you mention is not as good as dumba and on top of that a 6mil cap dump? am i missing something here? boeser alone probably wouldn't even get you a dumba let alone adding LE on a massive cap dump. Tanev is probably at his lowest point in terms of trade value and if we were to move him it'll probably be at the TDL 

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

so you mention dumba is better than boeser.. and they have to give us a promising young forward on top for a player that you mention is not as good as dumba and on top of that a 6mil cap dump? am i missing something here? boeser alone probably wouldn't even get you a dumba let alone adding LE on a massive cap dump. Tanev is probably at his lowest point in terms of trade value and if we were to move him it'll probably be at the TDL 

I also said that they would have to overpay.  They would be getting the face of their franchise for a decade in a hometown hero.

They are badly in need of some good PR.

Adding in Tanev and taking back a bad contract like Rask also evens it out more and you ignored that part of it.

16 hours ago, Provost said:

So you literally read my post, said it was wrong... and then revised it to... pretty club exactly my post.

I actually said in the post that we could include Tanev and would have to take back money in the form of a player like Rask to make the money work.

That is not true. Adding in Tanev and Rask to your original proposal is still nowhere close to my proposal. Greenway has a lot of value and Eriksson has severe negative value. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Remove Eriksson and I think you're close. 

How about Boeser  Tanev for Dumba Zucker 

Boudreau, Leipold and Parise can't wait to get Dumba back and believe he was a key reason for their drop in the standings.  

• Upvote 1

In 32 games last season, Dumba had 12 goals and 22 points. Belief in Minny is that, had Dumba not been injured in his fight in December, they may have made the playoffs.

Trading him makes zero sense for the Wild.