The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Minny if Boeser's ask is too much

I know it sounds like heresy to suggest.... but

There is a real possibility that Boeser needs to be back home for obvious family reasons, and that doesn't make him a jerk and we could accommodate him if the deal was right.  

Minnesota would have to overpay since he is a hometown boy and in one move would pretty much turn around a dismal summer and apathetic fan base for them.

A semblance of a deal could be something like:

To Minny:

Boeser
Eriksson

To Van:

Dumba

Greenway

We could add Tanev in the trade or flip him somewhere else.  We would have to take on a little money from them to even it out more, they have a few guys with 2 years left (Like Rask and Foligno) that we can eat and still eases our issue with still having Eriksson that 3rd year when we have to sign Petterson and Hughes.

The idea of a Hughes-Dumba PP is pretty drool-worthy.  As good as Boeser is, Dumba is better, and we get to lose Eriksson's contract at the same time.  Minny is only a 2.5hr flight to Dallas for Eriksson's family so if he wouldn't waive to there, then he has a problem.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2.5hour flight is still a bit. like how often can he actually do that during the season.

Also no thank you. If dumba is better then Minny won't do it and taking eriksson makes 0 sense.

I don't know much about Dumba but I know he has value.

Boeser is a pro. I am not worried.

Dumba would be neat but I'd be surprised if Minny was interested in taking on Loui to facilitate a deal 

I'm sure the Canucks will accommodate Brock as much as they can in regards to his family matters though, most teams are pretty good about that sort of thing 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Having sat with my dad through months of ICU time I can tell you the last thing on Brock's mind right now is his contract, let alone any kind of move. 

I understand the feeling all too well.

For all intent and purposes, you're like a zombie inside.... you're conscious, but very numb.  Time inside is like a long blur.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I understand the feeling all too well.

For all intent and purposes, you're like a zombie inside.... you're conscious, but very numb.  Time inside is like a long blur.  

thats it exactly. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Having sat with my dad through months of ICU time I can tell you the last thing on Brock's mind right now is his contract, let alone any kind of move. 

I have been there with a family member too... and Ia pretty sure having to leave everyone in a month and unable to be there to support them or even visit is on his mind, or it soon will be.

Not quite sure why..but I've long suspected Greenway would play the Green way.

edit: Brock is awesome, & a super kid. But GoodLord, Greenway could be a beast in the PO's!

Greenway, Dumba & a 3rd

Van: 3 B's: Brock, Baer & Bulldog

******************Then!*************

Loui the lump, & that 3rd to OTT, for Ryan & a 2nd

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

Minny doesn't have a GM at the moment so a deal may be difficult.  The plan for the team is a big question mark.  A lot of their core is pretty old.  Boeser would be a great fit for the future but he is core in Van.  I don't see anything happening here.

Dumba is a very important player to the team.  It would take an awful lot to move him.

Minnesota is highly unlikely to move Dumba - he's probably their most untouchable roster player.  Their top-4 is one of the best in the league when all of them are healthy.  That was the one thing that Fenton had no intention of disrupting. 

They might not be in position to retain Spurgeon in a year and won't have anyone past Dumba on the right side for their top-4.  They don't have much coming up prospect wise either - was very apparent last season once Dumba got hurt.

They have far too many Fs though so a trade would have to be with Fs going the other way.  

As for taking Eriksson - that's hard to imagine when the Wild feel they need to get younger.  They have so many veterans already.  There's no role for him in their lineup either.   

Seems like Vancouver has little leverage if Boeser asks to be closer to home.    

Edited by mll