The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

Google the softcap board system. 50% of the nhl rinks use it.

"Athletica sports systems". 

Not dumb just done already.  It is not foam but a combination of flexible plastic and air spaces that allows the system to move.

elbow and shoulder pads not made out of hard plastic is where I'd start.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Stick with your friends in this forum....not a stupid idea....

turning all of the most expensive seats in the building into the cheapest seats in the building because there's a giant strip of foam completely blocking the sightlines is, unfortunately, a decidedly bad idea. 

2 hours ago, Gassy Jack said:

Yeah, I guess its a stupid idea...
I posted it on Reddit and got flamed for it... "do you even watch hockey", "OP, you’re dumb" etc...
(deleted now...)

At least you're thinking outside the box. Good for you... 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cyoung said:

That's the worst lineup iv ever seen lol. If gadj is in our top 6 in the future, and palmu on the roster...we will be a lottery team no doubt.

Yes, no imagination or realism either.  In five years, there will be 4 more draft picks at least who could be in the mix.  

Guys like Gadjovich and MacEwen are not likely to be in the starting lineup; Madden?  Who knows.  Discounts the possibility of more signings/trades, draft picks or re-signings of a guy like Ferland. Not a good projection on their part.

• Upvote 1

Seems to me that if a prospect doesn't make the team within 3 years of being drafted (D could be the exception), then that player will most likely never be a good NHL player, if they make the NHL at all. Then there are those that were drafted low, and playing in Europe, and players who could become bottom 6 players (dime a dozen).  

I have high doubts any of these guys make the NHL:

Zhukenov

Jasek

Lockwood

Gadjovich

DiPietro

Palmu

Manukyan

Thiessen

Plasek

Malone

MacDonough

Costmar

• Upvote 1

It looks like the lines are shaping up to be

Ferland Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Miller

Eriksson Sutter Leivo

Schaller Beagle Motte

A few days ago when they were practicing the PP, Drance said that Baertschi was just placeholding and not foreseen on it when it's one of his strength.  Batchelor answering a question on twitter says that Green has all but admitted the bottom-6.  Benning has talked of Pearson-Horvat as a unit all summer and that one of Ferland/Miller would be with Pettersson and the other with Horvat.

Edited by mll

55 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Seems to me that if a prospect doesn't make the team within 3 years of being drafted (D could be the exception), then that player will most likely never be a good NHL player, if they make the NHL at all. Then there are those that were drafted low, and playing in Europe, and players who could become bottom 6 players (dime a dozen).  

Zhukenov

Jasek

Lockwood

Gadjovich

DiPietro

Palmu

Manukyan

Thiessen

Plasek

Malone

MacDonough

Costmar

I tend to agree with what you said. Most of them will probably never make it past the AHL. Some will never get that far.

Let's hope one or two of them surprise us...

More from the Hockey News...now they claim we have 4 waiver exempt players who are locks to make the team...

I assume they mean Hughes and Demko and maybe Gaudette could be considered a lock, without looking at the big picture, but who is the 4th?

....must be Gadj.,....(goofy happy face emoji)....

Here is an excerpt;

VANCOUVER CANUCKS
The salary cap isn’t the issue in Vancouver. No, it’s the size of the roster. At present, the Canucks have 22 players who would need to clear waivers if they were demoted, but the issue is they have four who are waiver exempt but are absolute locks to take up spots in the lineup. That Antoine Roussel has potential to start the season on long-term injured reserve clears up one spot and gets the Canucks down to 25 players, but there’s still two more who will need to be trimmed in order to get down to a 23-man squad.

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Zhukenov

Jasek

Lockwood

Gadjovich

DiPietro

Palmu

Manukyan

Thiessen

Plasek

Malone

MacDonough

Costmar

Well, I completely disagree with you on a few names on this list.

I think Jasek has an opportunity to play NHL games this season.

Lockwood will also play NHL games this season too.

DiPetrio has played an NHL game and goalies take more time... he has a good chance of becoming an NHLer in the next 2-4 years. Probably becomes Demko's backup in a few years.

Too early to tell with Malone, MacDonaugh, Costmar, Plasek, and Manukyan. (Especially since the first 4 were just drafted this past June).

I have my doubts with Gadjovich

I don't believe Palmu and Zhukenov will ever play in the NHL.

4 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

More from the Hockey News...now they claim we have 4 waiver exempt players who are locks to make the team...

I assume they mean Hughes and Demko and maybe Gaudette could be considered a lock, without looking at the big picture, but who is the 4th?

Here is an excerpt;

VANCOUVER CANUCKS
The salary cap isn’t the issue in Vancouver. No, it’s the size of the roster. At present, the Canucks have 22 players who would need to clear waivers if they were demoted, but the issue is they have four who are waiver exempt but are absolute locks to take up spots in the lineup. That Antoine Roussel has potential to start the season on long-term injured reserve clears up one spot and gets the Canucks down to 25 players, but there’s still two more who will need to be trimmed in order to get down to a 23-man squad.

Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes?

20 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

BB isn't waiver exempt....I suppose EP might be....

Capfriendly has him as waivers exempt.  It's possible they're wrong, but if the article sourced Capfriendly then that's where the 4th player is coming from.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JamesBlondage said:

I tend to agree with what you said. Most of them will probably never make it past the AHL. Some will never get that far.

Let's hope one or two of them surprise us...

There's politics there too. Your first round pick will have every opportunity to make the team. That's the way the world works.