-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Miller

Virtanen - Gaudette - Sutter

Eriksson - Beagle - Motte

Schaller

?

Thats what it looks like....very close to truth...

Schaller dumped once Roussel back...maybe...Leivo?

Edited by spook007

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Players always talk about how it's a business or business decision, so I think they understand some decisions are made because of caps, contracts, age, injuries etc 

I have been disappointed by Goldy, but players like him like Naslund, Sedins as examples have just started to make a significant impact where he is now

Same with Baer, I was concerned about his injuries like I was about losing the best NHL player in Crosby with his early concussions, and he is still playing

I like Gaud , but, I thought putting him on the farm getting top line minutes, would not be a bad thing, until we were able to make room for him trading someone and getting a return

Maybe Baer becomes better trade bait, IF, he passes waivers and a team does not have to guarantee him a spot until They have room for him

As I have said before, I miss when you could send a guy down who was underperforming and not risk losing him,

If it was like that today, our starting line up would look quite different and be better off (Than with guys gifted spots because of waivers and contracts)

Naslund was traded for Stojanov (who was an AWFUL pick to begin with).

Not really the same comparison.

12 minutes ago, mll said:

Leivo is on PP1 - Newell Brown was just telling Drance that Leivo plays bumper really well.  

Leivo deserves to stay.  He blossomed into a top 6 guy for us.   His talent is unique.. tall, lanky, can dangle, with amazing hands and a great wrist shot.

Keeping Schaller and Eriksson over Baertschi makes no sense.  I thought Sven had a great camp.    

If Edmonton picks up Sven, hes going to tear it up alongside McDavid.

Edited by EddieVedder
because
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, timberz21 said:

26 years old, top 6 with career-high of 18 goals and 35 pts and never player 70 games per season.   He was a place holder, now his place as been filled with better players.

Yes, I agree.  A result of getting those wingers we always needed.  Funny how he almost became a mainstay.

The difference between Schaller and Baertschi is that you can't expect Baer play on the 4th line. 

The difference between Sven and Loui is an iron clad 6m contract. 

I think if Sven clears and Gaudette has trouble in the first quarter of the season we'll see a switch. 

If Gaudette started at centre I'd see more of a reason to keep Baertschi 

Edited by DS4quality
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

The difference between Schaller and Baertschi is that you can't expect Baer play on the 4th line. 

The difference between Sven and Loui is an iron clad 6m contract. 

I think if Sven clears and Gaudette has trouble in the quarter of the season we'll see a switch. 

Well, Benning talked all summer about having 3 scoring lines.  Baertschi was the perfect piece for that 3rd line.  He wouldve looked good alongside any one of with Sutter, Leivo, Guadette, Jake.  And, you know he can play with Horvat and Petterson if needed.   Ive rarely criticized Benning on this board, but this was a bad move.  

Edited by EddieVedder
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Leivo deserves to stay.  He blossomed into a top 6 guy for us.   His talent is unique.. tall, lanky, can dangle, with amazing hands and a great wrist shot.

Keeping Schaller and Eriksson over Baertschi makes no sense.  I thought Sven had a great camp.    

I agree, but Baertschi (like Eriksson, as you say) can't play bottom 3.  And top 9 is now kind of set? 

Maybe he slips through and we bring him back up later.

Re: Eriksson: he cannot possibly be in the Canucks plans.  There must be a deal or something in the works, or one more cut?  No idea why he is still here when someone like Baertschi is disposable.

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

If Edmonton picks up Sven, hes going to tear it up alongside McDavid.

Leivo produced at the same rate as Virtanen (0.37) while playing top-6 with the team's best players and on PP1 where he had 4pts in 130 minutes.  

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gameburn said:

I agree, but Baertschi (like Eriksson, as you say) can't play bottom 3.  And top 9 is now kind of set? 

Maybe he slips through and we bring him back up later.

Re: Eriksson: he cannot possibly be in the Canucks plans.  There must be a deal or something in the works, or one more cut?  No idea why he is still here when someone like Baertschi is disposable.

Sacrificial lamb for when Roussel returns?

• Cheers 1