The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 european forward in the starting 12, and his name is elias pettersson. 

that's noteworthy. 

edit: same deal for the starting d-men.

the 20 man roster now has 3 europeans, all swedes, and 17 north americans. 

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

To me.. maybe I'm reading into it to much. Maybe that is more of a statement to Loui Eriksson. Like.. you are an extra, your on the bubble with the kid who barely made the team. 

Get your head on straight!

1 hour ago, hlinkas wrister said:

That's just as much an argument to waive Loui as it is to keep him

As far as I know the team saves about a million if Loui is sent down.  Not sure he earned his spot, and not sure we couldn't use the million in cap space this year and next.  So, to me it is a complete mystery why he is on the team at this point.  The injury to Roussel is the only thing I can think of.  The contradiction between risking assets to keep Gaudette up and keeping a bad asset up that could allow us to not risk Goldobin or Baertschi?  I just don't get it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rush17 said:

Size, grit, toughness = harder to play against. Chance Baer gets passed Edmonton I would say is like 5%. :lol:

I sure hope you're right.  Baer deserves to be in the NHL.  He's a quality guy, who can still play.  It's keeping Loui over Baer that is my concern.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

To me.. maybe I'm reading into it to much. Maybe that is more of a statement to Loui Eriksson. Like.. you are an extra, your on the bubble with the kid who barely made the team. 

Get your head on straight!

Owner getting involved with Loui?  

42 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm guessing francesco is unwilling to pay eriksson's salary in utica and the team thought that virtanen was both better suited to the bottom 6 and more likely to be claimed on waivers at his price tag than baertschi at his. 

but he is still paying his salary so this does not make sense

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we know why Loui was kept.  That's the owner getting his way.  Green just won't play Loui.  Rift here?

You keep saying the same thing over and over like you are trying to make it a reality for yourself. When you are confronted, instead of giving any rational explanation of why, all you do is repeat the same line again.

• Like 1

also, not to say i told you so, but:

there's going to be an awful lot of shrieking about asset management when benning is true to his word (like always) and waives veterans (and not the ones you hope, but the ones who deserve it) in favour of keeping gaudette up.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EP-40 said:

You keep saying the same thing over and over like you are trying to make it a reality for yourself. When you are confronted, instead of giving any rational explanation of why, all you do is repeat the same line again.

Are you saying I’m stuck, and can’t move?  That makes me just like Loui! :emot-parrot:

I think Baertschi getting sent down is because he’s the only guy in the bottom 6 who can’t effectively play the 4th line. Taking a look at the 3rd line at practice, both wingers have more upside/value and less injury risk than Baertschi, and they can be moved down the line up with their versatility. This fluidity is important for when Gaudette gets in the line up as a 3rd liner. One of Leivo or Virtanen will bump down and push one of Motte, Schaller, or Eriksson out.  Baertschi’s only shot at this team was on the 3rd line, and there were other players who had a shot in more places.  Still tough to see him go.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I asked this in the waiver thread but it might be easier to get an answer here.

Does anyone know the waiver priority list for this coming season? which teams who can get a crack at these guys first?

If the claim is before November 1, waiver priority is based on the previous year's standings, with the team with the worst record having first priority and the team with the best record having last priority.

• Thanks 2