The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Nucks @ Flames / Flames @ Nucks

Rate this topic

xereau

3 minutes ago, Brouhaha said:

No kidding! I feel bad for the people who were excited for Petey, Hughes, Myers, etc, but hey, a game's a game, let's support our boys!

I don't. 

I didn't buy tickets because I've watched enough preseason in my life to know the stars don't play (surprised Bo's playing) and the good roster players that actually dress get like 7mins of ice time.

I would have waited in line at the presale for reasonably priced tickets, but $75 per for an AHL game..nope

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Seems like Goldobin - Horvat - Miller could be a second line possibility for the season opener.

Depends on Goldobins pre-season performance though

Agreed.  I think it our second line to start the season.  Horvat and Miller are locks and Goldobin will get the first chance unless he falters.  Nice to see that line tonight.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

No.  No he can not.

I watched training camp live and he has the worst conditioning on the team by far.  He has a lot of work to do before he makes the team.  I'm pulling for the kid though he is a super nice guy.

Isn't he coming off an injury?

Still young, can see him being a top 4 for us down the road.

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I don't. 

I didn't buy tickets because I've watched enough preseason in my life to know the stars don't play (surprised Bo's playing) and the good roster players that actually dress get like 7mins of ice time.

I would have waited in line at the presale for reasonably priced tickets, but $75 per for an AHL game..nope

Guadreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Lucic all playing for the Lames..

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Green said he looks more tenacious and a half a step quicker 

heres hoping for that to translate into the season 

Yeah, surprised Green said that. Goldy floated around most of yesterday's  scrimmage. Made one flashy play in the O zone early on then disappeared for 36 mins

8 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Saw this first hand on Saturday.  He was battling with Miller on a 1-1 drill and it was a balance of using his skill but also wasn't backing down.  I know he's good buddies with Petey, but he may continue to develop with Horvat quite well too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Always liked Goldy. Seems like he's made it clear that he wants to play on this team. Puts up pretty solid numbers, just has to put in the work

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Saw this first hand on Saturday.  He was battling with Miller on a 1-1 drill and it was a balance of using his skill but also wasn't backing down.  I know he's good buddies with Petey, but he may continue to develop with Horvat quite well too.

He's pretty good buddies with Bo. Always see him in videos with Bo, or on IG

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I think this might be what you meant to post...

Good interview.

At the end when he talks about "hockey has always been big here" (in Victoria), he missed the opportunity to mention that the last time a BC team won The Stanley Cup was the team right here in Victoria, several years after the Vancouver Millionaires won their's, the Victoria Cougars (since moved to BCHL PG Cougars).

We're kickin' the season off in Stanley Cup Land!  GCG! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2