The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

1 minute ago, Jetliner said:

dunno wtf Jake is thinking. At least throw some big hits. Its fine if you aren't making any skills plays. Look at the current roster. You know you wont' be on the top 2 lines. Make yourself useful out there

He was trying... he was hitting.... if u watched he wasn't terrible minus that turnover.... problem was he was just to winded to do anything!! Gonna be 2 or 3 weeks before hes up to snuff

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Looks like Jake invisible again. I think Mac steals his spot.

Roussel Beagle Jake would be a pretty tasty 4th line.

I think Zack gets sent down, too many contracts. 

But he makes the team out of camp next year, and is called up at some point this year.

Edited by xereau
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Snapshot85 said:

He was trying... he was hitting.... if u watched he wasn't terrible minus that turnover.... problem was he was just to winded to do anything!! Gonna be 2 or 3 weeks before hes up to snuff

Ya but will he be on the roster in 2 or 3 weeks. Super competitive bottom 6, Gaudette and Mac outplayed him

7 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

dunno wtf Jake is thinking. At least throw some big hits. Its fine if you aren't making any skills plays. Look at the current roster. You know you wont' be on the top 2 lines. Make yourself useful out there

I don't get this either. He had half a dozen chances tonight to plow guys and he just skates by. Ferland would have nailed them.

It might just be Jake just does not have that tough killer instinct and if that is the case he will not be in this league long.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Roussel Beagle Jake would be a pretty tasty 4th line.

I think Zack gets sent down, too many contracts. 

But he makes the team out of camp next year, and is called up at some point this year.

Jake been my favourite prospects, supported him since the beginning. But his time is falling short, may be time to move on, he’s had many chances.

• Upvote 3

I am so glad preseason is done! It’s time  to see what this team can do when it really counts. 

Some tough calls to make in the next few days. I hope Hockey-Gaud makes the team, he has earned it more than anyone at this point.

As far as cuts go I could see a few vets like Schaller, Eriksson, Goldy and perhaps Jake getting the axe. It’s a shame about Jake as he has all the tools to dominate like speed, skill and size but his mentality and focus is just not there. It’s like he’s in la-la land half the time.

Same applies to Goldy. Has such tremendous talent and potential but doesn’t have the fire or determination or focus to utilize it. 

Schaller and Eriksson hopefully get waived. Greener has proven he’s not afraid to waive veterans for young players. 

• Like 1

Well. After all the preseason games this is my roster:

Ferland-Petey-Boeser

Baer-Horvat-Miller

Pearson-Sutter-Gaudette

Leivo-Beagle-MacEwen 

Motte

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Biega

Marky

Demko

Will it happen? Nope.

It'll be something along the lines of 

Ferland-Petey-Boeser 

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baer-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Eriksson

Motte

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

But wouldn’t you like a guy like Kassian on our team now? Sometimes power forwards take longer to develop. We need to be patient. 

I don't know, sometimes a guy needs a different environment to get there.  If we could get anything of value in a trade now I would go for it.  I've been a Jake defender but now think for whatever reasons he's just not getting there in Vancouver.  

Edited by mj vic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Maybe in 4th line... maybe in press box... but truth is.. hes got to much potential to waive or trade cheap. So I suspect he will be here

Y’all including myself have been saying this for quite a few seasons now. To be honest Jake is considered a cheap prospect/player whatever you want to call him.

He won’t be too effective on the 4th imo, doesn’t play that North South physical game like we saw in Junior.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gone by deadline unless some miracle happens

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Trying doesn't count at this point.  Trying to sell cars at a car lot ( for example) wont help you keep ur job. At some point the numbers have to speak for themselves.  Jake Virtanen isnt selling any cars . 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Well. After all the preseason games this is my roster:

Ferland-Petey-Boeser

Baer-Horvat-Miller

Pearson-Sutter-Gaudette

Leivo-Beagle-MacEwen 

Motte

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Biega

Marky

Demko

Will it happen? Nope.

It'll be something along the lines of 

Ferland-Petey-Boeser 

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baer-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Eriksson

Motte

I think your correct except maybe Pearson and Baer. Ether way..... what they should do is not what their going to do lol

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, mj vic said:

I don't know, sometimes a guy needs a different environment to get there.  If we could get anything of value in a trade now I would go for it.  I've been a Jake defender but now think for whatever reasons he's just not getting here in Vancouver.  

Perhaps. But I think we will live to regret that. 

I could be wrong, but I still believe he will get there. He’s still young. Bertuzzi developed late. Kassian “got it” late. I think Virtanen will eventually get there as well. I’d prefer it be in the blue and green. 

• Upvote 2