The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

Just now, DeNiro said:

I think JB is safe. Ownership already gave him a vote of confidence with his extension.

A coaching change will definitely come first.

Yeah hope you are right....

But JB seems to have gone all out for play offs...if that doesn't materialise, he may be on thin ice with the FA.

Have a feeling they won't accept many more non playoffs seasons... 

For the record I do believe, we have a better the average change of reaching that target...and I'm a fan of JB.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He was by far and away our best player again.  

If dekey Pete hits that top corner instead of bar at the end though. Petey was doing the right things tonight, sometimes just needs to be more selfish and take that wrister.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mj vic said:

Jake reminds me of when Kassian played for us. A power forward who never played to his potential 

Burrows says that Kassian didn't want to play like a power-forward and preferred to play a finesse game - he says in french make lace.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

Watching Ferland in post game interview. 

Still can’t get used to him in our jersey.  Wished we had a guy like him on our team since 2015, and now here he is.   Will be an awesome addition.  

Remember his first shift and that open ice hit. He going to be a Burr/Kesler type fan favourite.

• Cheers 4

"I thought he was pretty good. Played back-to-back, played a lot of hockey. He gave everything he had, that's for sure. He's had a great camp. Whatever we decide over the next few days, he's had a good camp. I like Adam. I think he's a good young player for us. We've got an important decision to make. He's made it hard on us, that's a good thing. We've got some tough decisions. I don't worry about him too much on the offensive side. It's can he defend down low, can he win a battle in his own end? It's no secret that if he plays on the team it'll be as third or fourth line centerman... He'd get different ice-time than he is in pre-season, and that's part of the decision-making that we'll make in the next few days, what's best for him and what's best for the team. He's had a great camp. Whatever we decide over the next few days, and I'm not saying it one way or the other, he's had a good camp, and I feel like I've said this a lot, but I like Adam. He's a good player, a good young player for us. We've got an important decision to make, and whatever we do we have to make sure that we're thinking about him and our team, and he's made it hard on us. And that's a good thing. Quite honestly, I wish other players made it harder on us as well. We've got some tough decisions to make, and a few days to make them still." - Green on Gaudette

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Jetliner said:

dunno wtf Jake is thinking. At least throw some big hits. Its fine if you aren't making any skills plays. Look at the current roster. You know you wont' be on the top 2 lines. Make yourself useful out there

I think he is lost cause status.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jetliner said:

dunno wtf Jake is thinking. At least throw some big hits. Its fine if you aren't making any skills plays. Look at the current roster. You know you wont' be on the top 2 lines. Make yourself useful out there

This is his problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

Burrows says that Kassian didn't want to play like a power-forward and preferred to play a finesse game - he says in french make lace.

Nobody wants to play like Ferland because it is the toughest role to play bar none. We have seen plenty of guys that had the size and skills to do it but they just don't. Virtanen is one example. So is Kassian but he seems to have embraced it more in the last couple of years. That is why it is so hard to get guys like Ferland.

Bieksa was another guy that could play that way. He wasn't big but tough as nails.

Even tonight at the start of the game when the camera panned down the Canuck bench, Ferland did not look bigger than a lot of our team but he plays like he is 8 feet tall. This is the only game I have seen him as a Canuck (plus the whole series when he single handedly kicked our playoff ass) and I already love the guy. Too bad JB could not have gotten Reaves too lol.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The way Green kept playing Eriksson big minutes on the PK makes me think he may actually keep him...which would make me puke. If Green was not going to keep 'little things' Loui, you would think he would have had other guys on the PK in mean nothing games. I hope I am wrong.

Green gave multiple non roster players big minutes throughout the preseason. That's the point of it really, it's a try out. I think this was Louie's last shot and he failed miserably.

• Like 1