The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Same, but if he makes the team he’s going to have to start from the bottom again. 13th man or 4th line. Been outplayed by almost everyone in camp.

Hopefully he gets it together. Been defending him for years.

It's sad isn't it.  :sadno:

Guy has huge physical talent... All-League speed, a great wrist shot, great physical size, can throw huge bodychecks...

But doesn't seem motivated... just doesn't seem to have the courage or drive to use his god given attributes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Hey I totally agree.... except hes a 15-20 goal scorer in shape.  

I wasnt sending him warm and fuzzies.... I'm just sayin atm his issue isn't compete...  his issue is he pulled a big country Reeves over the summer and now is brutally underperforming....  they will be patient get him into shape and stick it to him at contract time.  That's what they'll do

We already traded away Zack Kassian. At least zack could, and would fight . Jake has been underperforming since he was drafted.  15 goals does not make you even close to irreplaceable.  He is never going to be what he was drafted to be IMO. Play out his ETC and resign for bottom six dollars and fine , keep him , but I'm not a fan of his at all anymore personally.  

Just now, cuporbust said:

We already traded away Zack Kassian. At least zack could, and would fight . Jake has been underperforming since he was drafted.  15 goals does not make you even close to irreplaceable.  He is never going to be what he was drafted to be IMO. Play out his ETC and resign for bottom six dollars and fine , keep him , but I'm not a fan of his at all anymore personally.  

That's cool 

Just wanna clarify.... hes already making bottom 6 dollars. 

I think it's like 1.3 mil.

Don't quote me lol.

But that's a barging for 15 goals

Just now, Darius said:

Yeah, I agree from an emotional perspective.  He clearly has earned a shot.  It also provides an example for other young guys to show that the org will reward players who come in and light it up.

that said ... knowing how Green operates I think he wants Sutter as a c on that third line .

that plus the glut of non waiver eligible players ... the only way I see gaud sticking is on the wing.  Maybe they can give him some Center duty occasionally I don’t know.

but hell yeah the kid looks like he is at another level this year. 

That is the impressive thing about Gaudette.  It is not like he is 18/19. He is 23 yet he took a huge development step in the last few weeks. Hopefully he continues to develop into a great player for us.

We have examples of players like Goldy and Virtanen who have not been able to develop like Gaud has at the same age. We all know people develop at different rates but Gaud has been impressive in the last month for sure. 

I know it is pre season though and it was a short look. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

For the record, I think a lot of us didn't think GM JB had the guts to cut Sam Gagner last year. I think he set precedent with move which will allow him to cut LE this year. He will make it all warm and fuzzy like trading him back to Sweden for some $6,000,000 worth of meatballs.

They stole Turkish meatballs and pass it as their own.No deal.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Hey I totally agree.... except hes a 15-20 goal scorer in shape.  

I wasnt sending him warm and fuzzies.... I'm just sayin atm his issue isn't compete...  his issue is he pulled a big country Reeves over the summer and now is brutally underperforming....  they will be patient get him into shape and stick it to him at contract time.  That's what they'll do

The organization wasn't monitoring  ( right in our backyard ) his off sesaon training, c'mon man.

Both parties are to blame.

Have ya ever watched videos on NHL'ers off season training on YouTube, amazing effen athletes on and off the ice and Jake doesn't get it!

Hell he has Bo Horvat in the locker room who is a prime example of committment!

Just now, 6string said:

The organization wasn't monitoring  ( right in our backyard ) his off sesaon training, c'mon man.

Have ya ever watched videos on NHL'ers off season training on YouTube, amazing effen athletes on and off the ice and Jake doesn't get it!

You know that the team has no say or control over players in the summer right? It is in the collective agreement.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You know that the team has no say or control over players in the summer right? It is in the collective agreement.

Off course,  yet the underground has far reaching powers... ( They know what's going on )

Why he started camp relegated with minor leaguers who won't even make Utica.

Edited by 6string

5 minutes ago, 6string said:

Your absolutely correct..jake doesn't seem committed.. 

I think its diffrent

I think he hasnt grown up yet. Still thinks hes a kid playing a game for fun

And doesn't need to work at it because hes the best and always been the best. 

What needs to happen is he needs to grow up... and realize it's a job and hes playing for his career.. and everyone out there has always been the best aswell.... and their kicking his butt right now

Edited by Snapshot85
  • Upvote 1

Yeah! Lets trade Jake and sign more shallers, ericksons and overpriced FA. Better yet lets play Jake with a bunch of plumbers who he has to wait for to catch up. I want him to go to another team and turn out like cam neely to show how the canucks are run by a bunch of losers. Face it we're lousy at developing players, we cheap out hiring rookies to run and coach the team. Then we spend all our time complaining and wondering why our team sucks. Canucks are just another team of losers in this town run by owners that don't have a clue. 

• Haha 3
  • Wat 3

2 minutes ago, nuk76 said:

Yeah! Lets trade Jake and sign more shallers, ericksons and overpriced FA. Better yet lets play Jake with a bunch of plumbers who he has to wait for to catch up. I want him to go to another team and turn out like cam neely to show how the canucks are run by a bunch of losers. Face it we're lousy at developing players, we cheap out hiring rookies to run and coach the team. Then we spend all our time complaining and wondering why our team sucks. Canucks are just another team of losers in this town run by owners that don't have a clue. 

Hey Jake... get off the phone... there's a pizza at your door...  better go eat it.

• Haha 1