The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs. Red Wings | October 22, 2019 @ 4:30 PST

Rate this topic

Greenman Wannabe

2 minutes ago, Kushman said:

He means having Hughes on the pp1 with Petey and brock on their one timer wings. just like it was before but with Hughes on the point feeding then the one timer instead of edler.

Since they've put Hughes on pp1, they've also swapped Petey and brock on opposite wings

They swapped a couple games before that.

Newell Brown's tossing crap at the wall method of coaching.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Damn, Virtanen can't let that simple pass bounce over his stick.  I guess the ice is bad at the end of the period there. 

Even Louie could teach him a thing or two about the little things. Frustrating to watch sometimes his play. Not just this.  Late to pucks. Not hitting when he can. passing to no one.

Beagle says:

latest?cb=20140504175040

I made a comment today. Can't remember where, I talk too much.

Regarding where this team's at. We're now at the point where the "place holders" are going to get moved out and get replaced by players who can take us to the next level.
The guys who've been here through the majority of the rebuild the last 3-5 years.
Hutton's already gone, and I think that's why we're hearing trade talk about Stecher.
as much as I like him, we have an NHL ready R/H defenceman in Utica  -  Rafferty. who can do everything Stech can do, or better, and he's also 6'2" 200lbs.

We're in the last stage here now IMO. Not just players but coaching. I think Green is safe (for now) but the rest of the coaching is suspect. Newell Brown can't seem to squeeze a goal out of a top class forward group, and Baumgartner.... well... I'll leave it there.

Edited by fecklund
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

End of first summary refs 1 Canucks zero.   Why’d they call that clean hit on Myers?  Seriously hockey doesn’t make sense anymore.  He was close enough to the play and the puck - two minutes for hitting.   Don’t often bother with game day threads as just like to watch the games ... but that was bad.   Nice to see a new look PP though.  Maybe we can tie it up quickly in the second...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, fecklund said:

I made a comment today. Can't remember where, I talk too much.

Regarding where this team's at. We're now at the point where the "place holders" are going to get moved out and get replaced by players who can take us to the next level.
The guys who've been here through the majority of the rebuild the last 35 years.
Hutton's already gone, and I think that's why we're hearing trade talk about Stecher.
as much as I like him, we have an NHL ready R/H defenceman in Utica  -  Rafferty. who can do everything Stech can do, or better, and he's also 6'2" 200lbs.

We're in the last stage here now IMO. Not just players but coaching. I think Green is safe (for now) but the rest of the coaching is suspect. Newell Brown can't seem to squeeze a goal out of a top class forward group, and Baumgartner.... well... I'll leave it there.

Yeah, the last of the place holders will be getting moved on after this season, but some guys that we thought were place holders are proving to be big pieces of the team (when healthy) like Tanev and Sutter.  

I'm really over the whole Newell Brown era but I don't see anything wrong with Baumgartner, our D is playing excellent this year. 

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

End of first summary refs 1 Canucks zero.   Why’d they call that clean hit on Myers?  Seriously hockey doesn’t make sense anymore.  He was close enough to the play and the puck - two minutes for hitting.   Don’t often bother with game day threads as just like to watch the games ... but that was bad.   Nice to see a new look PP though.  Maybe we can tie it up quickly in the second...

Because NHL refs are useless pieces of (expletive deleted). 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Nah Batch, that's a clear penalty.  He hit the guy that didn't even touch the puck and it was too late.  You can't interfere with guys going in on the forecheck.  Pretty clear penalty. 

2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Neither one seems to have the one-timer swagger back yet.

its hard to tell from the TV angle but 100 bucks pretty much all PK units are getting in their lane.  need a cross ice pass (not easy) or for them to cover Quinn's shot to open up other shooting lanes

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why is Newell Brown still employed? This team will suffer with him and and his horribly archaic ideas on the coaching staff. It’s embarrassing. 

We have 5 very dangerous weapons and all 5 look so stagnant.  Brown's PP strategies are predictable and like you said archaic. 

Players also need to move their feet and move the puck around quicker.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah, the last of the place holders will be getting moved on after this season, but some guys that we thought were place holders are proving to be big pieces of the team (when healthy) like Tanev and Sutter.  

I'm really over the whole Newell Brown era but I don't see anything wrong with Baumgartner, our D is playing excellent this year. 

Agreed, but that last point, I think it's despite Baumer, not because of him. 

• Upvote 1