The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

13 minutes ago, inane said:

Ok acknowledgement is the first step. 

Next point, why I support giving money to companies cause they are investing in what I would rather see? I didn't say that, and it's not what I would rather see, it's where the world is going. It's not going to happen overnight but it will happen, why not get on that train and be prepared for the future. 

Next point, you say I have an issue with government giving money or subsidies to companies that create high paying jobs cause I don't like the industry. Again, I didn't say that. I'm not personally offended by the industry, I don't know why you always make these arguments personal. There are high paying jobs in many industries and future high paying jobs in growing ones. We should be putting our efforts into those industries. 

How many of those high paying jobs you speak of do you need a degree for? Or a grade 12?

if you know any industry that pays better then oil I'm all ears.....

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, inane said:

Ok acknowledgement is the first step. 

Next point, why I support giving money to companies cause they are investing in what I would rather see? I didn't say that, and it's not what I would rather see, it's where the world is going. It's not going to happen overnight but it will happen, why not get on that train and be prepared for the future. 

Next point, you say I have an issue with government giving money or subsidies to companies that create high paying jobs cause I don't like the industry. Again, I didn't say that. I'm not personally offended by the industry, I don't know why you always make these arguments personal. There are high paying jobs in many industries and future high paying jobs in growing ones. We should be putting our efforts into those industries. 

So again I said these projects the two pipelines were both private investors. So what exactly are you suggesting when you say what I bolded? Because nobody is stopping any private Industries from investing in future green technologies nobody is stopping them in fact the government is helping them so if it's not happening are you suggesting the government use taxpayer dollars?

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So again I said these projects the two pipelines were both private investors. So what exactly are you suggesting when you say what I bolded? Because nobody is stopping any private Industries from investing in future green technologies nobody is stopping them in fact the government is helping them so if it's not happening are you suggesting the government use taxpayer dollars?

I don't know what you bolded has to do with your question?

The government is already using tax dollars for all sorts of things including directly spending and indirectly through things like subsidies for oil and alternative industries. I don't know why you're hung up on this. 

But you act like just cause a private person or industry wants to do something, we should just let it have free rein to do whatever it wants. Somebody might propose a new asbestos plant cause they can sell it to some country and make a profit, should we do that just cause it's possible?

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Prostitution.

Ha in Ponoka? Ummmm I don't want a petting zoo ha 

also gf might have a thing or two to say about me trying that out ha 

hey tell KOS , a good time and a view of the beach three blocks away ha free shower after the king gets done with yea :shock:

just think @kingofsurrey do it for a year and maybe your house will only be a block from the beach.....:bigblush:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, inane said:

I don't know what you bolded has to do with your question?

The government is already using tax dollars for all sorts of things including directly spending and indirectly through things like subsidies for oil and alternative industries. I don't know why you're hung up on this. 

But you act like just cause a private person or industry wants to do something, we should just let it have free rein to do whatever it wants. Somebody might propose a new asbestos plant cause they can sell it to some country and make a profit, should we do that just cause it's possible?

That depends do the plant reach all the codes? If so why not.....

its business. 

If a company plays by the rules that are set by government then why not?

the law/ policies are flawed cause theirs always someone out there that can bend the rules to fit their side. 

Heck people do that all the time on here with spread sheets ha 

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Ha in Ponoka? Ummmm I don't want a petting zoo ha 

also gf might have a thing or two to say about me trying that out ha 

hey tell KOS , a good time and a view of the beach three blocks away ha free shower after the king gets done with yea :shock:

just think @kingofsurrey do it for a year and maybe your house will only be a block from the beach.....:bigblush:

It's Surrey's main industry after selling drugs.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You wanted to know what pays better.

Everywhere should be able to enjoy the worlds oldest profession.

Lately I think quite a few Albertan's could use a good visit to a local brothel. 

No I agree and funny thing is I heard a story acouple years back of riggers and other oil workers wives and gfs doing that ha 

I agree , that would help a lot but you forgetting something..... 

Dumb question isn't running a brothel illegal? Or did that change? I'm always looking for investment ideas lol

Edited by RowdyCanuck

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

No I agree and funny thing is I heard a story acouple years back of riggers and other oil workers wives and gfs doing that ha 

I agree , that would help a lot but you forgetting something..... 

Dumb question isn't running a brothel illegal? Or did that change? I'm always looking for investment ideas lol

Good point.

Maybe in the new Albertistan? Would be good for you tourism.

• Upvote 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Good point.

Maybe in the new Albertistan? Would be good for you tourism.

Hell yea!!! Ha I'm game for that. 

Also it's good for global warming too and Alberta could buy a whore house lol best lil whore house in Alberta. 

Canada owns a pipeline and Alberta owns a whore house......who's screwing who again? Lmfao 

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I know I've looked at that myself and it's not as if there's these big expenditures it's just a whole walk added more to a whole whack of expenditures

its an old approach, but maybe this is the time for the old classic where you tell all the department heads to go trim 8% from their budget. Thats probably preferable to cutting out one or two items on their own which doesn't seem possible in this case. 

But minority gov't yada yada, its not going to happen. But its also reason for optimism on TMX and CGL - Trudeau really needs these projects. 

I doubt we're going to need a big stimulus package either, the covid19 thing isn't really anything like the housing crash. We're not dealing with real property losses and things should rebound and if the cruise industry goes down I don't see that effecting Alberta much :lol:

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its an old approach, but maybe this is the time for the old classic where you tell all the department heads to go trim 8% from their budget. Thats probably preferable to cutting out one or two items on their own which doesn't seem possible in this case. 

But minority gov't yada yada, its not going to happen. But its also reason for optimism on TMX and CGL - Trudeau really needs these projects. 

I doubt we're going to need a big stimulus package either, the covid19 thing isn't really anything like the housing crash. We're not dealing with real property losses and things should rebound and if the cruise industry goes down I don't see that effecting Alberta much :lol:

I know I sound like a broken record but I worry about the debt. Covid19 could be the trigger that causes major adjustments in exposure. Existing debt globally is to large to repay. There is a almost mythical idea that there will be some kind of reset where everyone starts over on an equal footing. We should all know that won’t happen. There will be winners and losers.

• Cheers 2