The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Jean's article is funny. 3/4 of his "fixes" are based on taking away BCs rights and ramming a pipeline through BC... which is somehow "fairer". Gotta love this guy. 

So it's alright for BC to shove pipelines down our throats? It's alright for BC to pollute more every year? Interesting..

Btw from Jean's post you skipped over.

And most importantly, the Constitution must explicitly state that neither Ottawa nor another province can prevent any province’s access to trade with the rest of the world. The terms of union that led to Confederation in 1867 were about every province benefiting from the improved opportunities for trade that came from creating Canada. We must return to the “we are all in this together” spirit of Confederation.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Brian Jean is a whiny little b!+(#.  The guy was part of a near decade long majority Conservative government and did NOTHING.   It's only after the Conservatives snatched defeat from the jaws of victory that his complaining about how Canada is broken really started.   What a bunch of babies. 

Because you say so?

Cool story, they did nothing. 

I mean they weren't the best but they didn't do nothing lol

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

He makes one good legal point then effectively says Alberta should be able to do X, Y and Z but BC needs to or else.

So....

I mean imagine he gets his way, everything he wants is done.  The rest of the nation says gas prices are too high, we now have the legal right to take over Alberta's oil sands and dictate the prices because it's now in the best interest of national unity as per Jeans desired constitutional challenge.

What then?

:picard:

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

:picard:

Quality answer that you know full well you cannot even hope to approach because the moment that constitutional challenge is made and potentially won Alberta loses ALL rights to its own product based on said challenges.

You don't get to play fast and loose with the results Strome.  You live with them

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Quality answer that you know full well you cannot even hope to approach because the moment that constitutional challenge is made and potentially won Alberta loses ALL rights to its own product based on said challenges.

You don't get to play fast and loose with the results Strome.  You live with them

Haha you're confused as usual. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Please tell us what they did regarding fixing the Constitution the Brian Jean mentioned in his article you gleefully posted today.

heh

Actually, the current issues with TFWs and equalization are on the backs of....Jason Kenney.  But instead of being angry they voted him in and blamed Trudeau.  You can't make that stuff up

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Haha you're confused as usual. 

Mmhmm.  So.  Tell me.  Where am I wrong.

Rub those two cells together and tell me where I'm wrong.  In the event the challenge happens and all of a sudden it's a group deciding what's best for the nation, forcing BC to do what the group wants.  What do you do in the event that same group decides Alberta needs to sell to the nation at a lower cost.

You don't get to play the field here Strome.  You don't get to force BC to do what you want then decide to ignore that same process when it falls on you.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Rub those two cells together and tell me where I'm wrong.  In the event the challenge happens and all of a sudden it's a group deciding what's best for the nation, forcing BC to do what the group wants.  What do you do in the event that same group decides Alberta needs to sell to the nation at a lower cost.

You don't get to play the field here Strome.  You don't get to force BC to do what you want then decide to ignore that same process when it falls on you.

Your the last one that should be talking about Brain cells.....

alberta has never stopped another province trade.....

if anything Alberta has helped fund growth in a lot of industries.....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Your the last one that should be talking about Brain cells.....

alberta has never stopped another province trade.....

if anything Alberta has helped fund growth in a lot of industries.....

Unbelievable that $10’s of billions of projects in AB and Quebec get cancelled and a oh hum reaction rules. How many jobs lost and how many other projects have planning canceled. Ayn Rand becomes more relevant everyday. Bought all my kids Atlas Shrugged. Now there is someone who lived under communists. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

. Ayn Rand becomes more relevant everyday. Bought all my kids Atlas Shrugged. Now there is someone who lived under communists. 

Any Rand - Atlas Shrugged is written for teens... Luckily 99.9 percent of teens grow up and realize how horrible the writers views reallly are..

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Speaking of two brain cells, you're absolutely clueless. 

Honestly how you spin things so bad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

So it's alright for BC to shove pipelines down our throats? It's alright for BC to pollute more every year? Interesting..

Btw from Jean's post you skipped over.

And most importantly, the Constitution must explicitly state that neither Ottawa nor another province can prevent any province’s access to trade with the rest of the world. The terms of union that led to Confederation in 1867 were about every province benefiting from the improved opportunities for trade that came from creating Canada. We must return to the “we are all in this together” spirit of Confederation.

I didn't skip over anything. And no its not OK for BC to do that either. What Albertan anger can't seem to grasp is the idea of acting like partners, which begins with coming to the table in the right spirit. Alberta's been doing the whole fight club thing for decades now. 

• Cheers 1