The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Canada will be better off without Alberta.   Addition by Subtraction.

Alberta with its un budgeted for oil land remediation with be   broke  province with 40 years.... 

Albertans at that time will be heading to Newfoundland looking for labour type jobs and a paycheck to buy groceries....

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

All he had to do was Google that to find out but now he wanted to post a silly picture. It's all right though they can import oil from the United States

If you remember the Irving’s wanted Western crude for Halifax but of course was told no by Quebec. Irving wanted to expand that refinery to 500k bone per day and that hasn’t happened. A lot of their production goes into the eastern USA. Parkland in BC puts out 50k bone and BC has to import refined product. The synergies between AB and BC in energy production will overcome the nutbar attitudes in Vancouver bistros. BC will join the rest of the West. AB just has to show the leadership.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well it would be ironic then wouldn't it because Canada was one of the loudest when Russia took Crimea why did Russia take Crimea oh yeah it's got a very strategic Naval Base I wonder what Russia will say at the United Nations if Canada were to say they're keeping bases in Alberta

What the hell are you talking about??

Russia took over a sovereign state.

Cold Lake is a Canadian military base in Canada which AB is currently a part of.  If AB separates,  the province of AB will not remain as it currently is. It was already outlined in the Clarity Act.

It is in the best interest that Canada maintains  its strategic defense by having Cold Lake surrounding area remain part of Canada.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

Especially when the cowboy gets his facts wrong.

I was wrong once and that makes me an idoit? And I didn't try to fight the fact you were right and even gave you props.....so kick a guy while his down.....I see how it is. Instead of enlightening each other let's just throw stones ha

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

What the hell are you talking about??

Russia took over a sovereign state.

Cold Lake is a Canadian military base in Canada which AB is currently a part of.  If AB separates,  the province of AB will not remain as it currently is. It was already outlined in the Clarity Act.

It is in the best interest that Canada maintains  its strategic defense by having Cold Lake surrounding area remain part of Canada.

In this scenario Alberta would be separating that is what we are discussing so if Canada cap part of Alberta for military strategic purposes that would be exactly the same reason the Russians took Crimea they didn't take Crimea because they like the ocean they took it because that was their biggest Naval Base they had in fact they were paying rent on it to the ukrainians so what the hell are you talking about?

But in reality like I have stated over and over and over if Alberta were to leave Alberta and Canada would be great allies the fighting and hatred comes from you lefties like it always does. Furthermore Canada likely could keep that bass there and pay a rent to Alberta to have it there it would be beneficial to both Alberta and Canada as it would help Alberta with air superiority. Again like I have stated many many times if Alberta were to leave no question would we sell our oil and our grain to the rest of Canada nobody disputes that the anger that is being felt is there because of how Alberta is treated. Now if we become an independent sovereign country we don't have that anger anymore it's gone the way forward would be a partnership if that isn't what Canada wants then so be it but I can't Envision why they wouldn't want it that way. Again Alberta doesn't need Canada Canada needs Alberta. You guys in BC or Quebec or Ontario may not like that but that's the cold hard facts.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I was wrong once and that makes me an idoit? And I didn't try to fight the fact you were right and even gave you props.....so kick a guy while his down.....I see how it is. Instead of enlightening each other let's just throw stones ha

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

But in reality like I have stated over and over and over if Alberta were to leave Alberta and Canada would be great allies the fighting and hatred comes from you lefties like it always does. Furthermore Canada likely could keep that bass there and pay a rent to Alberta to have it there it would be beneficial to both Alberta and Canada as it would help Alberta with air superiority. Again like I have stated many many times if Alberta were to leave no question would we sell our oil and our grain to the rest of Canada nobody disputes that the anger that is being felt is there because of how Alberta is treated. Now if we become an independent sovereign country we don't have that anger anymore it's gone the way forward would be a partnership if that isn't what Canada wants then so be it but I can't Envision why they wouldn't want it that way. Again Alberta doesn't need Canada Canada needs Alberta. You guys in BC or Quebec or Ontario may not like that but that's the cold hard facts.

You do know how ignorant this type of thing is, right? 

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

With the imminent decline / end of the petro industry...  Alberta will be a busted flush.....

102070633-busted-flush-four-spades-and-a

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

King I've even giving your props when your right.....

I've also admitted to being wrong when I am. How come you and hippy can't follow suit? 

King is all class.  Yes, his opinions are (often) different than mine, but he’s all class.  He’s a bowler, and I’m a dodge baller.  I often wondered about blending those two games together.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

King is all class.  Yes, his opinions are (often) different than mine, but he’s all class.  He’s a bowler, and I’m a dodge baller.  I often wondered about blending those two games together.  

So Alf...  are you sayin you are a. BALLER......

You are pretty cool OA......

Original Alien.......  

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

But the is king you have knowledge I don't. 

Youve seen things I haven't and that's why I'm on here cause everyone sees the world differently and everyone has a different back story. 

Yes, 100% true.   Great to read others perspectives....   We all have had very different lives / experiences.....

I would have a beer with anyone here and i am sure it would very enjoyable experience for me...     

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Firstly, you did admit to an error, which is more than many on here can do.

Secondly, this post is starting to go all Strome(y).

I never said that being wrong makes you and idiot, or however that is spelt. So why build a strawman?

And if I ever start kicking you there will be no doubt about it.

28 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

In this scenario Alberta would be separating that is what we are discussing so if Canada cap part of Alberta for military strategic purposes that would be exactly the same reason the Russians took Crimea they didn't take Crimea because they like the ocean they took it because that was their biggest Naval Base they had in fact they were paying rent on it to the ukrainians so what the hell are you talking about?

Crimea was part of Ukraine.  A separate sovereign country.  It does not belong to Russia.

Cold Lake and the surrounding areas are in AB but are a part of Canada. 

It is not the same thing. 

You want the house, the car, and the kids in this divorce.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Crimea was part of Ukraine.  A separate sovereign country.  It does not belong to Russia.

Cold Lake and the surrounding areas are in AB but are a part of Canada. 

It is not the same thing. 

You want the house, the car, and the kids in this divorce.

Just make sure Albertastan has to keep Dead Rear and the Sweat Pant  capital of Canada.... Edmonton.