The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What band from the classic rock era do you hate

SixtyMinuteMan

6 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Yeah i misread the post. Took it to mean you hated those bands. 

My bad

After I responded to your post I kind of wondered if that might be the case. I could see someone disliking one or two of those bands, but all of them just seemed impossible.

Cheers

I'm not really a metal guy myself, although some of the talent is undeniable.

Funny thing is, although I actually like Sabbath, I can't stand Ozzy. He always sounds just a touch flat to me. Also not a Motorhead fan at all, and I don't really care for any of the Glam/Hair metal bands.

That being said, I do like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, Queensryche and especially Deep Purple.

33 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

This thread starts and ends with KISS, terrible music and they paved the way for style over substance in the industry.

I get the feeling that this thread is just getting started. The Ramones, I don't care that their from the New York city 

I don't care about the Ramones.

54 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

This thread starts and ends with KISS, terrible music and they paved the way for style over substance in the industry.

This is true....however, I'll say one thing in their defense...(and this was actually something that Geddy Lee said, after Rush toured with them):

I'm paraphrasing, but Geddy said "say what you want about them musically, there wasn't a band out there more determined to put on a good show and give the fans their moneys worth".

The average person doesn't really care if Ace Frehley is less talented than Alex Lifeson....they are there for the show and that's an area where KISS always delivered. Of course if you're looking for King Crimson-esque time signatures, a KISS concert isn't for you.

Personally, I'm a guy who appreciates great musicianship, which is why I'm a Rush, Toto, Styx fan, but I get why KISS was / is popular.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is true....however, I'll say one thing in their defense...(and this was actually something that Geddy Lee said, after Rush toured with them):

I'm paraphrasing, but Geddy said "say what you want about them musically, there wasn't a band out there more determined to put on a good show and give the fans their moneys worth".

The average person doesn't really care if Ace Frehley is less talented than Alex Lifeson....they are there for the show and that's an area where KISS always delivered. Of course if you're looking for King Crimson-esque time signatures, a KISS concert isn't for you.

Personally, I'm a guy who appreciates great musicianship, which is why I'm a Rush, Toto, Styx fan, but I get why KISS was / is popular.

Ironically enough, Ace Frehley actually had some REALLY  decent talent as a guitarist; probably the only one of the original four members that did.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Ironically enough, Ace Frehley actually had some REALLY  decent talent as a guitarist; probably the only one of the original four members that did.

Yeah, IIRC, they auditioned a lot of guys before hiring Ace. He's still no Satriani, but definitely the best chops of the four members.

I actually quite like New York Groove as well. (even thought Ace didn't write it)

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, IIRC, they auditioned a lot of guys before hiring Ace. He's still no Satriani, but definitely the best chops of the four members.

I actually quite like New York Groove as well. (even thought Ace didn't write it)

Was more or less an “associate” of the Ducky boys gang in his youth I believe.  That legit gang was fictionized in the movie The Wanderers”....(NSFW .... language).   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Renegade and Come Sail Away (in particular) are so, so good.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

They just seem to cater to people that are tone deaf, much like how rap does today(looking forward to the hate).