The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What band from the classic rock era do you hate

SixtyMinuteMan

2 minutes ago, the grinder said:

well its part of their repertoire  so it is fair game   they have some great songs and well  they have flash  too  

heh, at least I hear SOME guitar work on that Flash Gordon song.:P  But yeah, not one of their best.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Just now, the grinder said:

well its part of their repertoire  so it is fair game   they have some great songs and well  they have flash  too  

Well sure....most bands have a few songs they aren't particularly proud of....

.....but it's kind of like saying the Beatles deserve to be hated because of "Wild Honey Pie"....:unsure:

6 minutes ago, the grinder said:

who is hating lol 

I don't remember who it was that said the hated Queen, but another poster immediately posted Body Language in support.

It's exactly a case of taking the absolute worst song from a 50 year career and using it as an example for why they deserve to be hated.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

36 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Or pretty much anything on Farewell to Kings.....

I wonder if there's another band in the world (let alone Canada) where you could make a credible argument for each member being the best at his instrument...

Exactly 

as far as rock n roll is concerned I’d say you’re definitely on to something.

k  lol alrighty then   

Everything is opinion of course, but off the top my my head, better bass players than Michael Anthony are:

Geddy Lee

Les Claypool

Jaco Pastorius

Mark King

Leland Sklaar

Tony Levin

Flea

John Entwhistle

Billy Sheehan

Jack Bruce

Chris Squire

John Paul Jones

Kenny Aaronson

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't remember who it was that said the hated Queen, but another poster immediately posted Body Language in support.

It's exactly a case of taking the absolute worst song from a 50 year career and using it as an example for why the deserve to be hated.

easy now  I said they had some great songs     so every band has some bad songs  , you  can like a band and still hate a song  right   ?

16 hours ago, the grinder said:

led zeppelin  orginal van halen  Metallica  tool 

Maybe pre black album but still Lars Ulrich is an inferior metal drummer.  He is the AC/DC drummer of metal.  Funny you mention Metallica in that group considering how amazeballs  Danny Carey and Jon Bonham are.

Edited by riffraff
  • Upvote 1

easy now  I said they had some great songs     so every band has some bad songs  , you  can like a band and still hate a song  right   ?

Sure you can.....and I think you're misunderstanding. A different poster said he hated Queen. Another different poster said something in agreement and posted the video for Body Language...

....I said it's silly to use one song as an example for why you hate a band. It wasn't directed at you specifically.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

Just now, riffraff said:

Maybe pre black album but still Lars Ulrich is an inferior metal drummer.  He is the AC/DC drummer of metal.  Funny you mention Metallica in that group considering how seems Danny Carey and Jon Bonham are.

I like both Kirk and Robert, but I wouldn't consider either of them the "best"....

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Everything is opinion of course, but off the top my my head, better bass players than Michael Anthony are:

Geddy Lee

Les Claypool

Jaco Pastorius

Mark King

Leland Sklaar

Tony Levin

Flea

John Entwhistle

Billy Sheehan

Jack Bruce

Chris Squire

John Paul Jones

Kenny Aaronson

billy sheehan    the guy that had to play van halen songs for david lee roth is better than the orginal   

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sure you can.....and I think you're misunderstanding. A different poster said he hated Queen. Another different poster said something in agreement and posted the video for Body Language...

....I said it;s silly to use one song as an example for why you hate a band. It wasn't directed at you specifically.

no misunderstanding  at all   

47 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Or pretty much anything on Farewell to Kings.....

I wonder if there's another band in the world (let alone Canada) where you could make a credible argument for each member being the best at his instrument...

Yes, they are very good instrumentally, but oh...that singing.  Yikes!