The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What band from the classic rock era do you hate

SixtyMinuteMan

50 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well there's dislike and there's being a major d*ck.  You rarely heard much of a negative word about the Van Halen brothers by Michael Anthony despite the shoddy treatment he received.

yeah Anthony just takes the high road on that matter  , he would  rather play with Sammy  anyways  

I want to know why the OP wants to start a brawl? :lol:

I listen to an EXTREMELY wide variety of music eras and genres, so there's not a lot I 'hate'.

But I just can't listen to Rush. Which is a shame as they're exceedingly talented musicians... Who make awful sounding music :lol:

• Thanks 1

Our beautiful Joni is an absolute gem, that I didn't appreciate enough in my youth.

Used to love "This Flight Tonite" by Nazareth..we had their album in the home stack. I'd no idea until yrs later it was off her Blue album. Written by Joni Mitchell? Wow.

She started folky, drifted into jazz & melding other experimental styles..until they mostly became defined as a Joni sound. If you study the lyrics throughout her LP "Hejira", the stories are so brilliant. The album often helps me connect back to the 70's(in spirit; nostalgia). This a person who'd produce the album, then paint the F***in' cover! Is there a better example of a true artist(in popular music)?

I know this is a rock question..but folks get too wound up with categorization. & she Definitely contributed to the classic rock(especially Hippie era)

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I want to know why the OP wants to start a brawl? :lol:

I listen to an EXTREMELY wide variety of music eras and genres, so there's not a lot I 'hate'.

But I just can't listen to Rush. Which is a shame as they're exceedingly talented musicians... Who make awful sounding music :lol:

I made up this thread yesterday while I was at work in the late morning. It was pouring rain and I was starving, I had the radio on 92.9 kism and Rush's Tom Sawyer came on the radio and I thought to myself, I really hate this band and that's what gave me the idea to make this thread. I just had some pizza so I'm all good now. But my hatred for the music of rush remains.

Edited by DontFearTheReaper

I think I would send Alf and Abba to a desolate Planet for life...…….

They could just annoy the F out of each other...….. 

Just kidding Alf, but if you could use your time machine and space ship and go back in time and drop them off there

Well, it would not hurt my feelings at all

14 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Our beautiful Joni is an absolute gem, that I didn't appreciate enough in my youth.

Used to love "This Flight Tonite" by Nazareth..we had their album in the home stack. I'd no idea until yrs later it was off her Blue album. Written by Joni Mitchell? Wow.

She started folky, drifted into jazz & melding other experimental styles..until they mostly became defined as a Joni sound. If you study the lyrics throughout her LP "Hejira", the stories are so brilliant. The album often helps me connect back to the 70's(in spirit; nostalgia). This a person who'd produce the album, then paint the F***in' cover! Is there a better example of a true artist(in popular music)?

I know this is a rock question..but folks get too wound up with categorization. & she Definitely contributed to the classic rock(especially Hippie era)

Joni Mitchell is a Canadian treasure....and who cares if it was "folky"...a great song is a great song and she wrote (and performed) a lot of them.

• Cheers 1