The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | November (17-23) 2019

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Not that I condone it, but I guess we are seeing why Tom Wilson gave this guy a head shot. Looks like Sundqvist isn't some innocent guy that Wilson took out last season.

Said this all finals when fans here defended this gutless puke. 

Edited by canuck73_3

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Crap.  That guy jumped into the goalie’s head.  This is just another example why the NHL needs to do away with the instigator rule.  

Actually, he tried to jump against the boards to avoid him, but Gibson purposely cut him off, and really, initiated the contact.

I think it's a fine line. Contact with goalies should be avoided whenever possible, but goalies also need to GTFO of the way behind the net. If the goalie makes no effort whatsoever to avoid contact - and even makes it inevitable - then he gets what's coming to him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, HI5 said:

Lol, Lucic doesn’t try to challenge Reeves until Vegas is already up 3 goals and it made no sense for Reeves to go. Reeves ran around hittin their players all game prior to that and not even a peep out of Lucic.

Lucic is scared of fighting Reaves or any big bopper.  Flames are stuck with him for four more years!  And he’s got a NMC, so they have to protect him in the Seattle expansion draft.  Flames down 5-0 now.  :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1