The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks and NYR

Canucks trade Brandon Sutter, Kole Lind, Olli Juolevi to the NYR for Chris Kreider 

Kreider is the type of player that Horvat needs, he’s fast, has a history of scoring, has playoff experience and fits in with the Canucks speed  

The NYR do this for Juolevi who can still be a top 4 NHL defense pairing, Lind can turn into a decent NHL 3rd line winger in the future and then they can trade Sutter at the trade deadline for draft picks. 

For the Canucks; Juolevi still has value as trading chip and Lind we have other centers in the organization that will be moving into the AHL next year or fight for spot with the Canucks so this is just clearing the logjam of prospects. This will also make room for Gaudette to have a permanent spot in the lineup by trading Sutter away and also the Canucks don’t trade away any more draft picks. 

Boeser   Pettersson  Miller

Kreider   Horvat        Pearson

Leivo      Gaudette   Virtanen 

Schaller   Beagle      Erickson/Graovac

Let’s hear everyone rip this proposal apart 

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble

Then I would let the Rangers pick 2 prospects that aren’t Podkolzin, Rathbone, Madden, Hoglander or DiPeitro but Juolevi has the biggest Risk/Reward from all the prospects Vancouver would offer the Rangers and Vancouver needs to use their prospects to either get another scoring winger like Kreider or to trade away Erickson. Also Vancouver shouldn’t be trading away any more draft picks specifically with already trading away their 1st to the Lightning. 

3 hours ago, x00x said:

they need to trade him, hes always hurt, so doesnt boad well for his future, so get something for him, hes very injury prone

Why would anybody trade for a player who is constantly injured? Juolevi has next to no trade value right now.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Then I would let the Rangers pick 2 prospects that aren’t Podkolzin, Rathbone, Madden, Hoglander or DiPeitro but Juolevi has the biggest Risk/Reward from all the prospects Vancouver would offer the Rangers and Vancouver needs to use their prospects to either get another scoring winger like Kreider or to trade away Erickson. Also Vancouver shouldn’t be trading away any more draft picks specifically with already trading away their 1st to the Lightning. 

So you take every decent prospect off the table and expect to get a top 6 NHL’er in return? 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would we trade Juolevi and Lind for a player we can get for free in the summer?

Ooh true that.  Might need some other moves since we still have guys like Pearson and Baertschi on the books for one year and we still need to make sure we have enough cap room to ice a solid goalie tandem esp. if Markie leaves.and to sign the kids in the future.  I could definitely see a fit there play-style wise (two-way, quick strike off the rush, and Bo could be either the facilitator or scorer himself with Chris as the decoy).   

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Canucks trade Brandon Sutter, Kole Lind, Olli Juolevi to the NYR for Chris Kreider 

Kreider is the type of player that Horvat needs, he’s fast, has a history of scoring, has playoff experience and fits in with the Canucks speed  

The NYR do this for Juolevi who can still be a top 4 NHL defense pairing, Lind can turn into a decent NHL 3rd line winger in the future and then they can trade Sutter at the trade deadline for draft picks. 

For the Canucks; Juolevi still has value as trading chip and Lind we have other centers in the organization that will be moving into the AHL next year or fight for spot with the Canucks so this is just clearing the logjam of prospects. This will also make room for Gaudette to have a permanent spot in the lineup by trading Sutter away and also the Canucks don’t trade away any more draft picks. 

Boeser   Pettersson  Miller

Kreider   Horvat        Pearson

Leivo      Gaudette   Virtanen 

Schaller   Beagle      Erickson/Graovac

Let’s hear everyone rip this proposal apart 

I can’t see the Rangers making this deal.   They trade a good roster player for an expensive injury prone cap hit, a prospect that is headed towards bust territory, and a complete question mark?     I don’t see it happening.

I also don’t like the idea of playing Pearson on his off-wing.   He’s far more effective as a LW’er.

On 11/23/2019 at 4:15 AM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

I'll let you pick your dinner out of my bathroom garbage or kitchen garbage. Your choice.

i thought rangers spent a bundle on panarin during the off season

and you want them to tank and trade off talent for a veteran and some not yet ready talent

they have a real shot at the playoffs presently

i doubt that would be the case if this trade were adopted

anytime anyone proposes nucks get 1 player

but ship off multiples

please give your head a shake

and explain in much greater detail why the rangers (or the other team) does a trade of this sort

and make your explanation much longer then why this trade would work for the canucks

example

nucks get jt miller from tampa

in exchamge for 2 draft picks

cuz

tampa is against the cap and have to move someone

they preferred to move someone else

but would not get a 1st rounder in return

so they settled for the nucks offer

because their priority really was to get point resigned

nucks do the deal cuz they need that quality of player now

so the picks are expendable.

if you cannot follow this simple formula