The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. Russia | Gold Medal Game | Jan. 05, 2020 | 10:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

I think the Russians in anything they do, go the extra mile, so they can get out of that oppressive society/country. I've been to Russia, watched the Russian dancers and they were top notch...a cut above...

I don't buy this, sorry.

They wouldn't be banned from Olympic and other competition if it were just due to going the extra mile.  A cut above/top notch "with help"?  Not all, but if you're going to generalize let's keep things in perspective and real.  There'd be no need for that stuff if what you were saying was the absolute truth.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Hayton has been a classless act all tournament 

by far the worst captain in Canadian history 

he hooks into the Russian waiting for the response so he could give himself whiplash 

absolutely classless 

Bob McKenzie just gave another take on it though...

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

I think the Russians in anything they do, go the extra mile, so they can get out of that oppressive society/country. I've been to Russia, watched the Russian dancers and they were top notch...a cut above...

Yeah, what was Tryamkin thinking when he turned down a contract to play in Vancouver and ran back to Mother Russia:o

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Bob McKenzie just gave another take on it though...

That was on a totally different bad call 

but if you look at it Hayton took a dive hoping to get a call on the Russian and it backfired 

take a close look at the replay and you will see what I mean 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Isn't Tony X the same guy that watched hockey for the first time a few years back and made the headline with his tweets?

Yeah, he accidentally put on a Blues game and loved the sport. He tweeted "the goalie just said f it and left?" when they were on an EN

• Haha 2