The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Wild Jan 12, 2020 - 1pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Our passive D zone strategy is so hard to watch. You can tell they have been drilled into thinking "back up and stay in position" and only move if there's a loose puck, and when the opportunity arises with a puck up for grabs, they are second to the puck because the other team is always in motion.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Football.

While the Canucks have been wasting PPs, The Chiefs have come all the way back from 24-0 down....

Oh geez...that's why it was curling second..."this game's a blowout".  OK, now back to football...

• Cheers 1

Just now, gameburn said:

Similar to New Jersey, but sleepier.

I don't know how Minnesota has any fans. I honestly would probably give up watching hockey if I had to watch hockey like this every night. There is zero excitement to the way the Wild play and its been this way for decades. 

• Like 1

Just now, HockeyHarry said:

I’m i the only one who got joy watching Kassian Ragdog Tkugoof.

It was excellent, albeit dangerous. Tkachuk's hit on Kassian was clean. Kassian's reaction deserves a 1-2 game suspension. Entertaining for every other team in the league though for sure.

2 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Similar to New Jersey, but sleepier.

Its kind of bizzare how certain teams keep a reputation, most times earned, of playing boring defensive hockey.....for decades. No matter how many good snipers they get, or different coaches, GMs even.

5 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I'll never get tired of watching Tkachuk being man-handled like that.

The best part of all of it for me (even before the actual punches thrown), Kass smiling away, just having a good ol' time with it all.  Even as Twoodchuk kept going at him along the boards and as he was trying to get to the bench.  Kind of funny.  Reminded me of a big brother getting the better of a little brother.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I tried that ha she likes hockey, she's an flames fan though but we didn't miss her game , just mine and it's cool as hell here too! 

200? She would need more ha it would cost me less to leave her here and go to Boston pizza and watch the game but I would pay for that later though ha

Time to move her out here then , fair is fair lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Your a product of the Sedins , pussy culture.....you must have hated kesler, Burr and juice lol 

you know what you get by building a team like you have in mind....nothing.

oh hey look at Tampa or the Canucks of pasted.......

You don't win a cup by placing nice lol

Wow, interesting assumption.  You don't know me, you don't know what I'm a product of.....and I'll restrain myself from saying what I think of you and your comment or I'd be banned for life.  

I played hockey for 25 years, and I can tell you that I played honestly, wasn't dirty, but I took a lot of penalties standing up for myself and my team mates.  I have no problem with tough hockey, I loved Kes, Burr and Juice.  Kes more for his on ice rather than off ice, and I wasn't a huge fan of some of Burr's antics but I loved the way they played for each other.  I loved the fact that Kass stood up for himself and ragdolled Tkachuk last night.  

No, you don't win a cup by playing nice, and that's not what I want to see.  What I don't want to see is head hunting, targeting people, licking people, spearing guys in the nuts, threatening slashed throat gestures or some of the other antics that rats demonstrate.  

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Our passive D zone strategy is so hard to watch. You can tell they have been drilled into thinking "back up and stay in position" and only move if there's a loose puck, and when the opportunity arises with a puck up for grabs, they are second to the puck because the other team is always in motion.

That's exactly why teams who are good with cycling along the boards have extended fun in our zone all the time.

I'm sure Green & Baumer knows it too since it's been going on for years now, but surprisingly they haven't done much to fix that.

• Upvote 1